PDA

View Full Version : Happy First Day of Spring!!

Dixieland Dancer
03-20-2002, 12:18 PM
With all the good things happening on Pet Talk since last night, I really feel like SPRING IS IN THE AIR! Today is the first day of spring although not a full day. Tomorrow is actually the first full day of spring. I am sooooo glad the flowers will be blooming and the days will be having more daylight and the doggies will get to swim more!

HIP HIP HOORAY for SPRING! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wolflady
03-20-2002, 12:33 PM
Happy First Day of Spring to all you Pet Talkers!!!

http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/spring/images/images/cat-butflies.gif

Rottie
03-20-2002, 12:40 PM
Yay, it's finally here!!!! :D Finally some nice weather to train in.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-20-2002, 05:07 PM
WAHOO!!! SPRING IS HERE!
Had a georgeous day here! 60 degrees. I had to sneak out and enjoy it because tomorrow the high is going to be in the forties. Crazy Kansas weather at it again.;)

jackiesdaisy1935
03-20-2002, 05:43 PM
HAPPY SPRING TO EVERYONE .Today we took the two pups to the park and they love running in the grass. We tried something new today, Don put them on a leash with two thingys on it and it was so funny, we laughed so much at them. Perry who has had some obedience training would walk and sit, on the other hand Daisy who was tethered to Perry with absolutely no training except how to jump in my bed wanted to run. So one minute Daisy would be pulling Perry and the next minute they would stop short when he decided to sit. I know, I know Dixie and Carrie I am hopeless, but I do try. Don says he doesn't know anybody who could obedience train Daisy. I must say I did better with my kids than I have done with my dogs. LOL
Jackie

AmberLee
03-20-2002, 05:48 PM
Yaahoo! Spring!

Happy 'Springness' to all of you and your furry/feathery/finny/other delights!!!

Pam
03-20-2002, 05:48 PM
Oh Jackie I am getting a hilarious mental picture!! I love your Perry and Daisy stories. I recently saw someone walking two dogs on one of those dual leash things and they weren't doing too bad, considering one was a doberman and one was a yorkie! LOL! Give that Daisy a big hug for me. Bella is a headstrong gal herself at times so I hear you! :)

Karen
03-20-2002, 06:47 PM
The first day of spring here started warmish, but git colder and colder - then in the early afternoon it started snowing, and has been ever since!

It looked springier here in January than it does now!

LoudLou
03-20-2002, 08:03 PM
Here in the Northwest it SNOWED. Been snowing off and on all day. Only have 'bout an inch of snow but you'd think it was more the way the news is talking. .....Well, anyhoo-Happy 1st Day of Spring to y'all! :D

Crikit
03-20-2002, 10:14 PM
It's spring? Oh yeah it is...HAPPY SPRING!!!!!

I guess someone forgot to tell the cold front that it's sitting over Alberta that it's supposed to be spring. Today we had the coldest first day of spring on record for the city I think the highest it got was -18 celcius or something like that I know it didn't get much warmer :( and they say the over night low will be close to -30 so with windchill it will feel like minus forty something :( :( :(

I'm glad I have the dogs to sleep with plus my fuzzy fleece blankie and the comforter and...well I think you guys get the picture.

Logan
03-20-2002, 10:48 PM
Roger says "Zippity Do Dah" "Zippity de day".......he's got two verses down pat now!! :rolleyes:

It is good to have Spring, isn't it?? Just wish we didn't have the forecast for more cold weather this weekend. BRRRRRRRRRRRR

momoffuzzyfaces
03-20-2002, 11:00 PM
Logan, that's great about Roger but will he be able to do the 'My, oh My, what a wonderful day'? Since birds don't have lips can they do the M? I'm not making fun of him ( I would never do that to such a sweet bird). I just would like to know. None of the parakeets I ever had did anything but squawk! So I have no experience as to what birds can say. Just curious.:)

Logan
03-20-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Logan, that's great about Roger but will he be able to do the 'My, oh My, what a wonderful day'? Since birds don't have lips can they do the M? I'm not making fun of him ( I would never do that to such a sweet bird). I just would like to know. None of the parakeets I ever had did anything but squawk! So I have no experience as to what birds can say. Just curious.:)

Right now, since he is just a baby Cockatiel (we've had him about 7 weeks), he's just whistling! I hold out hope for real words eventually. But we only have the tune right now. One of my friends suggested I buy a Disney CD and play it over and over......I think not :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-21-2002, 11:58 AM
LOGAN, THANKS! I think just the tune is wonderful! Like I mentioned, my birds could only squawk. They couldn't carry a tune in a bucket if you gave it to them. They didn't do much but one did like to bathe in my brother's lemonade.

Rottie
03-21-2002, 06:19 PM
Gees, I was so happy yesterday because it was so nice. But guess what was on the ground today when I woke up? SNOW!!

Cincy'sMom
03-21-2002, 07:40 PM
I am definatly ready for it to be spring...but it SNOWED here today!!! Oh well, we haven't really had any all winter...might as well get it now!!!:cool:

Angels3
03-26-2002, 06:14 AM
Folks, it's AUTUMN here in the southern hemisphere... our seasons are the opposite to yours up there.
Enjoy your SPRING:)
Marie

purrley
03-26-2002, 07:06 AM
Angel - I'm so envious - I love the fall!!!! Wish I had a winter home in Australia. I love the winter and the fall. Springs are nice here, but the summers are WAY TOO HOT!!!!!

Angels3
03-26-2002, 07:03 PM
You got it, purrley, just get yourself a winter home Down Under. But you'd have to live in the south of the continent...like Melbourne or Tasmania...it's colder down there than the warmer north (Queensland) where we live.

We're the opposite to you...North America is colder in the north & warmer in the south.

It's so warm where we live that we have clear blue skies & sunshine all thro' winter. It's actually a great time to go to the beach. So Queensland's a good place for people who like all-year-round summer.:)
Marie