PDA

View Full Version : Life Without Parole.... Period

lizbud
10-09-2005, 11:14 AM
The staggering amount of child sexual abuse in this country is hard
to imagine. I don't believe that child abusers are curable.That's my own
opinion, but the statistics seem to bear this out too.When I read yet another
case this morning and saw what the court meted out as punishment, I was
appalled.I believe after one incident, proven in court, the person should never again be given a second chance to harm a child. Life without parole
should be the automatic sentence for offenders. Here's the story....

Man Admits Sexually Assaulting Deaf, Blind Girl

POSTED: 6:03 pm EST October 8, 2005

DENVER -- A former hospice worker pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a blind, deaf and nearly comatose 10-year-old girl with a terminal illness.

Investigators said 55-year-old James Philpott told them he had sex with the girl because he wanted her to experience pleasure before she died.

Philpott faces a four years to life in prison or 20 years to life on probation when he is sentenced next month. He pleaded guilty Friday.

Philpott was a licensed practical nurse who worked at the Hospice of Saint John in Lakewood. The hospice said he resigned in July 2004 for reasons unrelated to the allegations.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

moosmom
10-09-2005, 11:28 AM
55-year-old James Philpott told them he had sex with the girl because he wanted her to experience pleasure before she died.

Now THAT'S the newest pick up line I've ever heard. Sick bastard! That's awful!!! :mad: :mad:

just me
10-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Words cannot express how angry this makes me :mad: :mad:

My opinion... They will not change and they should never be allowed back into society to do this again.
Lock them up and throw away the key...
I feel no pity what-so-ever for them, no matter what their story is.
As I said, this is my opinion and I stand by it. :mad:

Twisterdog
10-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Life without parole for someone who molests a child? Well, it's certainly better than what we have now ... but not nearly enough IMHO.

I would like to see castration with a rusty knife ... followed by the electric chair.

Laura's Babies
10-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Grrrrrrrr!!! :mad:

Vette
10-10-2005, 04:42 AM
Im with TwisterDog..
nothing seems like enough to 'punish' these 'people'

i just hope his cell mate is way stronger and bigger then him,, and gets his way with him everynight till the day he dies.

QueenScoopalot
10-10-2005, 09:10 AM
It's a sick, sick world. :mad: The only consolation we can (hopefully) get out of this is he'll get his. Child molesters are not looked upon too fondly in the penal system. ;)

DJFyrewolf36
10-10-2005, 12:01 PM
That is absolutely disgusting! I hope that all of his licences have been revoked and that he can never re-apply for them or work anywhere NEAR childeren ever again.

Four years is not enough jail time...and even then he might not have to go to jail because he pled guilty and can now be placed on probation.

Probation doesn't solve anything and only causes a minor inconvenience to the person on probation. Probation can be gotten around and there is no gurentee he'll be on probation longer than 5 years.

I can't believe that they're even concidering not giving this sicko jail time. He assulted not just a child (although that is bad enough) but an incapacitated child on top of it all. What a slap in the face to this poor girls family.

carole
10-12-2005, 05:10 PM
I so agree with everyone's comments posted, I have no time for offenders like these, the death penalty is not near enough for them IMO, we had a case here of a sicko that raped and murdered a 14 year old girl, he buried her alive, and he did his time and got out on parole, that should never have happened, her step-father threatened him, and of course was taken to court and over this, he got off lightly but still can you imagine how he must have felt knowing this thing was on the streets again, it happens time and time again here, they release people back into society who re-offend and often these are child molesters, so some poor innocent child suffers and has their life ruined again, they do need to keep them under lock and key forever as I agree you can never re-habilitate them, they have proven that time and time again.

Muddy4paws
10-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Sick excuse of a man. That poor girl she must rely on other people so much and to experience that from someone who's supposed to be looking after her :(