PDA

View Full Version : This is a desperate plea for Parker...

moosmom
10-08-2005, 09:06 PM
:( :(

I've been in touch with PurrsAbound about finding a foster home for Parker. She's come so far and I've really become attached to her. PA is telling me they're having a difficult time finding a foster home with no other cats. They asked me if Kathy would be willing to take her. I don't think so. Parker bit her the last time she cat sat for me.

I'd take her to CT with me if my situation were different. I was very lucky in that Mark has allowed me to bring my 4 cats with me.

Is there ANYONE here in Michigan that has no other cats, who is Meezer savy and can work with Parker and her biting problem (she's come a long way honest!!!) Otherwise, they're thinking of boarding her. All my work with her will be for nothing.

PLEASE??? Anybody??? :(:(

Laura's Babies
10-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Awe Gee moomsmom, I wish I could help you out but you know I can't. PLEASE! SOMEBODY help her out here!!

catmandu
10-08-2005, 09:23 PM
I wish,that I was closer,as I think,that Parker would fit in with my Meezers!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture822.jpg

rosethecopycat
10-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Contact siameserescue.org
Virginia center.

You may have to transport to OH, if they accept him.

Rose

Logan
10-08-2005, 09:59 PM
I live with a biting "Meezer" every day of my life. As long as he chooses to bite me and not the kids, other dogs and cat, and my husband, then I'm ok. How bad is his problem? Surely someone could help to deal with this issue with him.

Logan

NoahsMommy
10-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Donna,

I'm afraid I'm too far away to help. :(

Checking with a meezer rescue is a really great idea. They understand the breed and would give her the time she needs.

(((((Hugs)))))

Love, Kelly

jenluckenbach
10-09-2005, 05:23 AM
A foster home with no other cats is desperately hard to find. But here is a link to another Siamese recsue. They are in PA but their site says they have foster homes in CT.
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/PA89.html

One of our board members is in constant contact with them, so just as added strength tell them One by One cat rescue gave you their name. You never know, it might help.

Also, search the internet for any and ALL Siamese rescues and just email until you get a response.

GOOD luck.

smokey the elder
10-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Parker may be able to be isolated. Sometimes I have to isolate a cat for an extended time for taming purposes. Maybe you can find a foster home with a situation like that.

moosmom
10-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Gary,

Thanks for the offer, honey!! But unfortunately she needs to be in a home with no other cats.

Parker's biting isn't as bad as it USED to be. At least when she's with me. But she absolutely HATES other cats. Even with MooShoo on the other side of the CLOSED door, she hisses. :rolleyes: If I got into the room to spend time with her, if I don't put on fresh (clean) with no cat hair on it, she's fine. But if there is any of my other cat's hair on anything (even my arm), she tends to bite. Mollie Rose licked my arm before I went in there one time and she sniffed it and bit me (not hard cuz I corrected her).

PurrsAbound IS a Meezer rescue. They are filled up.

Jen,

I'm going to email them. I have to go through PA to get to CT anyway, so maybe I can drop her off. I'll check it out. Thanks for the referral.

Smokey the Elder,

Parker is already isolated. I've got the door to the room closed, a towel at the bottom of the door AND a baby gate in front of that so the cats can't move the towel. When I go into the room, I have a nightshirt I put on that I leave in there so there is only HER scent on it. Now THAT'S isolation!! :rolleyes:

The thing that's got me stressed out now isn't my move, but the ticking clock on Parker's future. *sigh* :(