PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shopping List Ideas - Post Yours!

christa
10-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Okay . . . I think I saw somewhere today, only 78 DAYS till Christmas! I've already started, actually have finished for a few people but I thought I'd make a thread for us to exchange gift ideas. I have such a hard time with some people, LOL . . .

For one thing, I'm definitely putting the Silver Jewelry Club to good use!

I made my sister-in-law & her new hubby a coffee table book of all their wedding pictures. It turned out fantastic! Used MyPublisher Bookmaker to do that and it's AWESOME! I also got her a purse (for $1 at JCPenney) and then of course I'll put a piece from SJC in her stocking. :)

Hubby is getting a new handgun . . . it's already in lay away.

I'm stuck on my mother-in-law, of course. She's really hard to please.

My FIL is getting some kind of weight bench . . . not really sure, I'm leaving that one up to hubby.

My parents, don't know yet but they're not hard to please.

Has anyone else started shopping yet?

chocolatepuppy
10-08-2005, 07:55 PM
I've got one gift for my cats, and one on order for Lacey. I love buying for my furkids. I guess I need to get started for the humans in my life huh? ;)

finn's mom
10-08-2005, 07:59 PM
I usually have all my shopping done by mid to late october, but, this year has been so nutty. I'm hoping my situation will be better around december, and, i'll be able to buy gifts. But, there are no lists, yet! I just hate the commercial aspect of this time of year, so, I try to avoid malls and the like come november. It just brings out the ugly side of people too often.

luvofallhorses
10-08-2005, 09:06 PM
I am going to make my mom a scrapbook of her mother(R.I.P.) for Christmas. I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping yet, lol. I know I am going to get my furkids gifts as well as the people in my life. :)

dukedogsmom
10-08-2005, 09:07 PM
If only I could be that organised! I give lots of gift cards. I've got a niece and nephew that love money. What kid doesn't? I'm hoping for a good table saw this year. Brother works for Black and Decker and is going to help me get the right one. Music cds are nice gifts, I think. Also, a manicure, etc is a really nice gift!

Laura's Babies
10-08-2005, 10:12 PM
I opt out on the shopping... I send everybody checks and let them get what THEY really want... no need to worry about color (everybody likes the color of $$$) Size?..... Fits in ANYBODY'S pocket real well! Never had anyone complaine about what I give them.....

Working like I do, it is just to hard to try to shop or plan for Christmas... Family scattered all over the USA so I don't have to worry about mailing packages.

Flatcoatluver
10-08-2005, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=Laura's Babies]I opt out on the shopping... I send everybody checks and let them get what THEY really want... no need to worry about color (everybody likes the color of $$$) Size?..... Fits in ANYBODY'S pocket real well! Never had anyone complaine about what I give them.....
QUOTE]
I wish people would just give me money!!! They give me the weirdest things :rolleyes:

carole
10-08-2005, 10:55 PM
I do the cheque thingy for my niece and nephew, we all have birthdays from October on in our family, it is an expensive time for sure, even though I limit myself to a budget.

Playboy bunny things seem to be very popular here right now, Melissa has earings, you get Belly rings, undies, bras, duvet covers etc etc, I will probably pick up a few trinkets for her xmas, the earings are really cute and at two dollars a piece a bargain, in a stall rather than a shop, where the same thing was retailing at Ten dollars each.

I have no problem knowing what to buy her as there is so much on offer, but finding the cash is another thing.

I have asked my lot to chip in and buy me a cat carry cage for the cats for my birthday, as we borrow my mother's all the time, they have much better and bigger ones at our vets for Thirty dollars, coming in pink, green and blue, so I hope to get a pink one for Lexie and sometime later a blue one for Ash.

Movie vouchers, meal vouchers, store vouchers also go down a treat. :) i am hoping to buy a new outfit for xmas with my new figure .I still have not spent my birthday money my mother gave me from last year, mind you she was quite generous and I invested it in bonus bonds, alas no luck there , still I have the money to do with whatever I wish.,I just feel it too selfish to spend all on myself , and really I doubt that I will, it will probably be used wisely for something we need or the kitties well being for sure. :)

Corinna
10-08-2005, 11:10 PM
I was done until I decided to put to gether a family scrap book for my Cousin who has MS and in a assisted living place. He has none of his pictures, his brother has kept them. So I'm going to get my mom to pull out the pictures when I get to Washington the 16th.

christa
10-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Corinna: Glad to hear that someone else has been shopping already besides me.

Laura: I like the check idea . . . or gift cards. They make gift cards at walmart that you can have pictures put on. I'm not sure if you can do it online or have to go to the photo lab, but the lab tech was showing me one the other day and it was really neat!

Carol: I can't believe that the PB Bunny is that popular where you are! That's so funny. Around here, it's thought of as kinda "trashy" . . . LOL.

carole
10-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Oh my gosh really Playboy Bunny is trashy, (I suppose it is because it is associated with Hugh and his girls), it sells in the more expensive shops here,oh dear now I don't feel like buying my young daughter any of it, but she so loves it, nope it is not considered that here at all, it is much more expensive too , just because it is designer type brand, for example a pair of undies will cost you 17.95, most other good brands retail at around 10.00, so that is quite a difference.

Ah well, i guess it is ok to buy it as it does not portray that here, still it puts me off a bit,funny how that is isn't it? You can get it in almost everything, from car seats to underwear, very in at the moment. :)

christa
10-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Oh my gosh really Playboy Bunny is trashy, (I suppose it is because it is associated with Hugh and his girls), it sells in the more expensive shops here,oh dear now I don't feel like buying my young daughter any of it, but she so loves it, nope it is not considered that here at all, it is much more expensive too , just because it is designer type brand, for example a pair of undies will cost you 17.95, most other good brands retail at around 10.00, so that is quite a difference.

Ah well, i guess it is ok to buy it as it does not portray that here, still it puts me off a bit,funny how that is isn't it? You can get it in almost everything, from car seats to underwear, very in at the moment. :)

That is funny . . . but I suppose it just depends on how it's marketed as to how it is portrayed. After reading your post about it, I'd say the image will eventually change here too. Since they've got a "reality show" now (The Girls Next Door), it might become more popular with the "in crowd" if you know what I mean.