PDA

View Full Version : My little weight loss truimphant....

carole
10-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Ok well i was going to wait until my weight loss was more impressive, but I am just so happy and pleased with my efforts I just had to come here and tell you all, I have been doing the Weight Watchers programme by myself at home for five weeks now and I have lost 5 KGS, that is around 11 pounds, I am feeling way better about myself , but I still want to achieve more and be the little person I once was.,even though I am not hugely overweight, I need to loose this for my health and my insecurites about my appearance, I am a very unhappy person when I am not at goal weight.

I am the typical yoe-yoe dieter, i seem to loose around ten kgs every summer to regain most of it back over winter, so even if I get what I want off, it is only half the battle , keeping it off will indeed be the harder part.

It has been hard work, and I have had to really committ myself and not give in to using the food as my comfort, when I feel stressed as I did when Lexie was ill and my daughter that is usually the time I turn to it, I am pleased to say I overcame it this time and hope to in the future., It is habits I want to break forever and replace with a good habit instead, isn't that what Dr Phil always recommends.

As I get older it gets harder to get the weight off and it seems to go on one place mostly around the middle, I am past middle age, but I have the middle aged spread for sure, But hey it is getting less and less.

Forgive my rambling on, but I am excited to get this far so quick, for me it is quite an achievement, I have not even had my daily walk, as Melissa has been sick and we have not been doing the paper round, sometimes I curse that paper round, but deep down I know it is helping me.

It is early days yet, and I really cannot say that I can do this , but I am sure going to give it my best shot this time, I know alot of you have the same problems, so I hope this can inspire some of you, to know also that others are battling the bulge and understand and know how hard it really is.

Thanks for listening.

KYS
10-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Congratulations from another yo yo dieter. :)
Sounds like you are loosing the weight the correct healthy
way.
Keep up the GREAT work.

caseysmom
10-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Carole, that is so great and so much to be proud of, it is so hard. If you don't feel like its a HUGE accomplishment go to the grocery store and round up 11 pounds of meat....that is how much is off your body. I bet you feel better. I wish I could get motivated.

carole
10-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Oh believe me I do feel a lot better, I have a spring in my step now, lol, I just cannot get overly excited because i have been here so many times in my life, however for once I stablised my weight for two years, true it was not the right weight for me to be at, but still better than re-gaining , which I did two years ago, I lost ten kgs for my niece's wedding then re-gained 8 of them over winter, but kept it at that for the last two years, I just want to get it all off this time and keep it off permanently, an almost impossible task for me, but I am determined more than ever, I have health issues that need addressing and I know loosing it will help those, I am also at high risk for Breast Cancer and being overweight just adds another risk, so that and the fact I am extremely unhappy being anything than at my goal weight, I just have to do it once and for all.

I hope this will help motivate some people because that is what it is all about, until you get motivated and get on the wagon, you just end up on the continual downslide, the vicious cycle rears its ugly head, the more down you feel about your situation the more you eat.

Now i just have to motivate myself to exercise more and tone up, hmm now that will really be an achievement in itself, BTW i do have my son for support, he is in training for his cricket season, and works out at a gym, he tends to gain some weight over the winter too and he has to work hard to loose it again, a familiar pattern I see here with him too, yoe-yoe syndrome which is not a good thing, but he is hoping one day to become a personal Trainer, if and when he puts his mind to it, and he helps me with doing exercises targeting certain muscles, but I still don't do them very often., I am the sort of person that finds exercise hard, due to aching muscles daily having fibromyalgia, but when I actually get in the mood and do them and stick with it I become hopelessly addicted to it, but to me that is far better than my food addiction and one I would rather replace it with. :)

AmberLee
10-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Congratulations! It's tough to do, and I'm proud of you.

tatsxxx11
10-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Go Carole!!! We're so proud of you!:) Keep fighting the good fight!:)

kimboe
10-08-2005, 07:15 PM
:D That is awesome, Keep up with the good work. And remeber it's all about strong will, and I'm sure you have lots of it!
Good work :D

carole
10-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone , it is always nice to have extra support and believe me I need it , if I am to conquer this,once and for all, and so far I feel so determined more so than I have in a long time.

I hope to loose another ten kgs then I am done, every time I have had a child I have carried the extra weight for many years, was ten years after having my son, and now it is 13 after my daughter,of course I have lost and re-gained it many times in those years, thank goodnesss I never had any more children eh? lol

I hopefully will beable to post another 5 kg loss in a couple of months or so, I am being realistic here, rome was not built in a day, and slow weight loss is better and I have more chance of maintaining it that way,then I hope to post some before and after pics,(when I reach my goal) don't hold your breath anyone, but I am feeling positive today, I need to buy some new scales, electronic WW ones that show 100 gram losses, as my old scales are letting me down, they only show 1kg losses, last week I had lost nothing according to them and I was very down, almost gave in to my old habits, but I did not, and I am glad because it took two weeks to show the 1kg loss, so I am averaging around 500 grms per week , which is an excellent and safe loss for me, it will of course get less as times goes on and when I hit the plateau I will have some ups and downs for sure.

The good thing is I am just not interested in blowing my programme, I have not fallen off the wagon yet and I DONOT intend to, but I am only human, but I am going to beat this big problem in my life if it is possible.

Logan
10-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Congratulations, Carole! I think it is wonderful that you have had such terrific success in such a short amount of time! I'm dieting too and every pound is a huge milestone! I'm down 20 pounds, as of today, in the 10 weeks I have been dieting. 2 pounds per week was my goal, and it's working!!! :) Keep it up! My stepson has had wonderful success on Weight Watchers too. I think one thing that has helped him so much is the Palm Pilot my husband got for him that helps him track his points and the values of hte food he is considering.

Logan

Laura's Babies
10-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Congratulations! Dieting is HARD.. Why is putting it on so much easier than taking it off? Seems unfair! :(

I gain 10 pounds every trip I work then I starve myself the time I am off to loose it or I would weigh 400+ pounds after 10 years of cooking out there!
10 pounds X 6 trips a year=60 pounds a year..... 10 years equals... :eek:

(Thank God I loose it, huh?)

carole
10-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Logan congrats are in order for you too, you have kept quiet about it all, you should be shouting it from the treetops, that is an incredible effort, keep up the good work and know that you are not alone, anytime you have a downer you must feel free to PM and share, as I know only too well the pitfalls of dieting, i consider myself somewhat an expert these days lol. It is even harder these days to shed the pounds, being older and I am now on medication three times daily which unfortunately makes me hungry, so I have to battle with hunger pains often, it is difficult,sometimes I feel ravenous beyond belief even though I have just eaten, I never was this way before the medication.

The bad thing about yoe-yoe dieting folks is quite serious, you are 70 times more likely to develop heart problems, it is too late for me now, but maybe if I can stop it now I will have less chance of this happening, if only I knew then what I now know, mind you this information has only recently been known to us all really.

I must say I have been thrilled to receive so many wonderful, positive and encouraging responses, this is why I share so much with PT, because even if i risk being boring I know I will get something awesome back from you all in return, I know you are all rooting for me and that helps me to continue with the battle ahead . I have no dieting sins to confess yet, but in my mind I know that it probably will happen and I probably will be turning to the PT confessional for help lol. :) ;) :D

CalliesMom
10-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Congratulations!! I too have decided to lose 40 lbs. after my birthday a week and a half ago. I went to my yearly appointment and spoke with the doctor about my weight and didn't realize how high my BMI was. :( I've never dieted before and have always eaten whatever I want, whenever I want it. I'm doing Slim Fast right now with my husband and I've lost 3 lbs. I know not a lot, but I want to stick with this and keep the weight off. I've been overweight my entire twenties and have finally decided I don't want to waste my life hating myself and having low self esteem. Good luck with the Weight Watchers and PM me if you ever need to talk. :)

Corinna
10-08-2005, 11:35 PM
:D The meat idea is good but I have to go and pick up a Bucket of Lard (shortning to make me see it better. I to have health dealings That make it a nessacity to lose the weight. I seem to be stuck at 160 and can't get passed it. The doc wants me at 130 so I can mange my diabetes better. At 5'2" 160 is still a large amount but after being 225 for several years its better . But I still get winded and tired fast.
Your loss is inspiring guess I'll take the 2 monsters for a walk to morrow.
Kudos to you and keep it up. :D

jackie
10-09-2005, 07:43 AM
http://www.ndu.edu.ph/pix/animated/congrats.gif

11 pounds is great! Keep up the good work!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-09-2005, 08:43 AM
WOW Carole, that is a great achievement!! Well done!!
I am trying to loose weight too. I haven't been as succesful as you, but I am proud anyway: I lost 2 kg over 1,5 month. Not much, but I am happy, as it was VERY hard!

trayi52
10-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Congratulations, Carole! I am verrrry proud of you! Keep up the good work, I know you can do it!

Willie :)

Uabassoon
10-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Congrats! I know how good it feels when you work hard and can see the results! I lost 46 lbs on WW, I've kept it off for almost 7 months now. I feel so much better about myself, not just with apperance but I feel so much healthier.

carole
10-09-2005, 05:02 PM
You know any achievement is great whether it be 2kgs or 40kgs, it is still better to loose than to be putting on, I say WELL DONE to everyone who has battled the bulge and won and to all of those like me still working hard at it, onwards and upwards my friends, we can battle this out together, I too am here for anyone who needs the support, it is an ongoing thing and the more the merrier.

The great thing at the moment I feel so darn determined I don't even want to break my programme, since having children I have always had a slight weight problem, I am told I carry my weight well considering I am a shortie, but ya know that really does not help me much, because I am the one who see's the spare tyres and knows my BMI is not at all good, really I don't care what others perceive me as, It is how I see myself in that mirror, and the discomfort I feel at carrying around the extra.

I have my slim mirror and my fat mirror, one in the bathroom is always flattering and the one in the bedroom is not as kind, so when i feel I look good in that one I know I have will have the results I want.

Congrats to all who have done well, and let us continue to be here for each other and please boast about your success, it is hard work and something to be proud of.

jazzcat
10-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Congrats!!! That is great! I'm doing the weight loss thing too so here's another cheerleader and club member. I just joined a gym last week so I'm hoping it will help get the rest of the weight off. I'm hoping to lose another 40 pounds or more.

carole
10-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Hooray Lori, I know you are doing exceptionally well in your w.loss journey, and I hope when you get to your desired weight you will post pics as I will, keep at it , you will get there, and it will be awesome when you do, I am just so darm impatient, it takes too long eh? I want to get there like yesterday, still I hope to shed another 5kgs by xmas, all going well.

Great to hear all these positive stories, they really help me to keep at it. ;)

jazzcat
10-09-2005, 06:20 PM
One thing that helps me is to set smaller goals. I need to lose 3 more pounds to be at the goal I set for my birthday in a week. Doubt it will happen but who knows. My next goal is to lose at least 13 pounds by Christmas. I think that one is doable, especially since I'm going to the gym on top of my nightly walking.

I do wish it would just hurry up and go away. I'm ready to be at my final goal. I will definitely be posting pictures when I get there. :D

carole
10-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Great Stuff Lori, you are right we just have to set our goals in little increments, otherwise if we are unrealistic, the old vicious cycle starts again and low and behold before ya know it one is off the wagon again.

I dishearten myself by trying on some of my clothes I had not been wearing as I had re-gained the weight, thinking I should look better in them now, but really I know I was 5kgs lighter when I wore them, talk about punishing one self, silly really, I still have a long way to go myself to be feeling great and the moments of joy and excitement don't really last long when you realise you are still not happy, it is that little voice in the head up to it's nasty old tricks again, lol, :D .

I am thrilled for you Lori and I cannot wait to see your new pics, you are a very pretty lady regardless of your size,you must be very proud of your efforts and achieving so much., way to go Lori.

jazzcat
10-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks you Carole! Now I know where to come when I need a little pick me up! :D :D :D

Uabassoon
10-09-2005, 11:02 PM
I have my slim mirror and my fat mirror, one in the bathroom is always flattering and the one in the bedroom is not as kind, so when i feel I look good in that one I know I have will have the results I want.

When I went to the Weight Watcher meetings they had a "magic mirror" It was one of those mirrors that makes you look thinner. I think it made you look something like 20 lbs thinner. I remember the first time I looked into it and I never thought I could actually look like that. But now I don't need the "magic mirror" anymore, it's a good feeling.

Killearn Kitties
10-10-2005, 06:27 AM
Congratulations Carole! 5 kilos in 5 weeks is great! Keep at it, I am SURE you can get rid of the other 5. You're lucky that you are heading into the summer there, while I'm just heading into the winter. Brrrr ...

Logan
10-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Laura, in your recent pictures, you look wonderful!!!! I know you are just beaming at that great accomplishment! 46 pounds is remarkable and you're keeping it off!! :D

My friend, Sherry, who is also doing the LA Weight Loss diet calls us (Scott, Helen, Andrew and me) the "Incredible Shrinking Family". :D I like that name! Scott is doing a modified Atkins diet as it seems to work best for him and of course, I think he looks wonderful! Helen and I have been doing LA Weight Loss and Andrew is doing Weight Watchers, as I said before. Andrew and I are "neck and neck" at 21 pounds each now. Helen has probably lost around 10, but with her exercise, weight training, etc, it really shows and she didn't have much to lose anyway.

The nicest thing is when people start to notice. I had a lady pull me aside after church yesterday and say "You and your husband look wonderful". Wasn't that nice? The changes in the way our clothes fit us is cool and I'm wearing things that were stuffed in the back of the closet that haven't fit in years now. I was just sick of feeling "fat". I want this to be permanent, a real lifestyle change, and I truly think it is going to be! Maybe I'm having my midlife crisis or something, but if I lose my 48 pounds, I've admitted that I'm going to do something "fun". Not only will I plan to wear a two piece bathing suit, I might just get my belly button pierced too! I figure if I can get comfortable enough to show my belly to anyone, then I'm going to show it off in style!!!! :)

Keep up the good work, Carole, and yes, we should support each other. I didn't want to say anything about my plan until I had something to show for it! LOL!!!

Logan

jazzcat
10-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Wow Logan, that is terrific! I didn't realize your whole family was doing it, that really helps doesn't it? Yes, it's great when people notice and when you can fit into something that has been packed away for a long time. I want to see before and after pictures of you when you hit your goal (belly ring included :D ;) ).

Laura, I too have noticed how great you look in pictures. Knowing what you've done has help inspire me. :)

Congrats to Lut, Calliesmom and everyone!

carole
10-10-2005, 07:13 PM
I know what you are saying Logan, I was hesitant to start this thread, as I knew 5kgs is not heaps, but for me it really is a truimphant weight loss, because I have been having real trouble getting any of it off, it honestly is easier to loose when you are in your thirties than late forties,and since I have had to take medication to help my digestion and to stop gastric reflux, I have found these pills make me feel empty and jolly hungry, but I also know that I can obviously do it regardless, and that I cannot just use them as the only excuse for not loosing, it just makes my battle a little harder than before is all.

I know I have a way's to go yet, but the difference I feel already is really positive, I am already becoming more confident about myself, happier inside, still I won't settle for anything less than getting to my goal this time, two years until my 50th and I am making myself this promise to be looking and feeling great, I had the same in mind when my 40th birthday came up, I was not going to be fair , fat and forty, but yep it came and went and I was. :eek:

I had a wee incident with my mother today, which really left me feeling so hurt inside, and yes it was to do with my weight loss, I think in a way she is jealous of it, she is actually weighs my goal, but has put alot around her tummy area, more than me really, and has a thyroid condition and cancer drugs which all unfortunately make her gain around the middle,and I do feel for her I really do, it is hard to get clothes to fit and look nice, because she is tiny otherwise, in the shoulders and legs,not particularly big in the butt area, but biggish in the bust and tum tum, whereas when I had lost nothing I was rather in porportion, but still could not dress as I really wanted, I was excited today to be able to pick out some nice tops that I knew I would fit now and that I actually liked and was busy picking them out, she picked up one for herself and asked if I thought it would fit, I simply replyed I don't know, she got annoyed with me and said"no and you don't care only about looking for yourself, I was really angry at her to be honest, and I thought she was being terribly childish, which she was, but it really hurt my feelings, she has always said many things to hurt me in my life verbally, but don't get me wrong I love her very much and she is not normally like this,with regard to weight loss anyhow, I just think it is because she feels so despondent at her own problem, and she has always been a person who dressed very smart and modern, still I think it was not very nice of her to burst my bubble so to speak.,sorry for the vent, I just had to get this off my chest, as really I feel like crying about it, and its not use me saying how I feel to her, she just would not understand.

On the postive side, it is wonderful to read all your stories of success and to know I have so many weight loss buddies out there, funny thing is i am just waiting for myself to blow it , I have always done so in the past, but I have to remember if I do , just to pick myself up and get back on track the next day, the great thing is I know that you will all be here to help me get through it when and if I have that bad day, just as I am here for you all too , so please anyone who needs help or someone just to listen feel free to PM me anytime at all.
Thanks for listening everyone. :)

captain
10-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Go Carole Go!!!
Go Carole Go!!!
Go Carole Go!!!
Go Carole Go!!!

and don't you worry about letting us know ....... 5kgs!!!! WOW, that is not LITTLE - go on, go and find something that weighs 5KGs (Like Potatoes!!), and then realise how much it really is!!!! :D

{{{hugs}}}

Logan
10-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Carole, when I registered at LA Weight Loss, I had to answer tons of questions about why I wanted to lose the weight and really think through my responses. One thing that had come reeling back to me as I made up my mind to do this diet was things that have happened over the years in my relationship with my mother. My weight has ALWAYS been an issue with her. She forced me into Weight Watchers when I was about 16 years old because she thought I needed to lose 15 pounds. It was embarassing for me and hurtful. And I swore that I would never want any child of mine to ever feel like they couldn't measure up to my standards. I know my mom meant well and still does, but to this day, it still hurts. Right as I was starting this diet, she made a comment to me on the telephone about a picture that she and my dad had come across (it was a picture from right after my divorce when I had lost an enormous amount of weight from stress and not eating) and "how beautiful I was ". That hit me like a ton of bricks! I had not planned to even tell her that Helen and I had decided to lose weight, but I ended up telling her after that comment. She had been nothing but supportive since then and I saw her for the first time since we started a week or so ago and she definitely noticed. Didn't mean to get off on a tangent, here, but I wanted you to know that I understand how the words, especially from our mothers, can hurt, even when they don't mean to do it. I do watch my words carefully with my own daughter, as a result. I want her to know that she always measures up regardless of her weight, her grades, her athletic ability, etc.

The interesting thing is that I've never been "obese", not the way you think of "fat", anyway. But I have always been heavy, just well proportioned like you said you are, so it wasn't as noticable to outsiders. If I make my goal weight, I will still weigh 145 pounds, so I will never be a lightweight, for sure. Thank goodness I am tall, 5'9", so I can carry more weight, I guess. I just want to feel good about myself and of course, I want my husband to feel good about me, too! Of course, he has never said a word about my weight and he wouldn't, but he is saying things now that I'm losing and he can "feel" it when he hugs me. I feel the exact same way about him! :)

We can do this!!!! We are doing this, and I know you look terrific!!!! :D We'll look good when we're 50!!! In fact, if I can accomplish this by January 1, which is my time frame, I'll be feeling chipper at 43!

Logan

carole
10-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Thank you both for such positive replies, just what I needed right now, I too am lucky my husband is not at all bothered that I don't weigh the 55kgs I did when we married, and just when I met him I had been a WW and lost 21kgs, my excess I was still carrying after the birth of my first child who was then Ten, told you it takes me a long time to recover lol, he is tall and very thin and will never really understand how difficult it is to loose weight, he can eat what he likes, but he is supportive as he can be and encourages me, but at the same time he is happy with me as I am, BUT it is ME who is not happy with ME, my mother has never ever made an issue about me carrying weight , which is also something I am thankful for,but I should be used to her cutting remarks by now,really she can be so unkind at times and very selfish but I just try and let it not affect me too much and get on with things, I guess the thing that really bothers me she never once has said sorry to me over the years for anything she may have said, guess in her mind she has done no wrong. Oh well enough about that.

I am really glad I did start this thread now, as I now feel so encouraged by you all, and I hope I can inspire others to feel the same, yes we need to stick together and help each other through the tough times on the Weight loss journey as it is not an easy task.

GOOD LUCK to everyone, and yes each pound or kilo is one less to loose and closer to our goals,each one makes us feel a lot nicer about ourselves too,already I feel a tad more energetic which is a nice spin off. :)

ChrisH
10-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Congratulations, Carole, that's great! :D

carole
10-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Yesterday I was feeling a bit despondent, and fed up of it all, ya know how it gets sometimes, you just want to have a big pig out on something loaded in calories, but i resisted the temptation, but today is another day, and I am feeling really good about it all once again.

I am really keen to read the book, not sure on the title about why french woman don't get fat, and the hypnotherapist Paul Mckenna has a book on weight loss out as well, I think I need some new inspiration lol., I was doing a few calculations on the net last night and was pleased to see my BMI has come down, and although I am still not quite in the healthy range, I am not far off it, YAHOO, still i am not that focused on that or the scales, but how I feel and look in my clothes is what really matters to me.

ChrisH I love your siggy BTW, the kitties and the handsome Johnny, another fan here and thanks for your nice comments and to everyone who has been so supportive of me, you have all made me feel so good about my achievement, and ready to battle on. CHEERS everyone. :)

Logan
11-01-2005, 12:40 PM
I searched out this thread, Carole, wondering how it is going? I hit a stalemate the last couple of weeks and couldn't get past that 24 pound mark, but finally this morning, I was down another pound and a half. :D Funny how the last two weeks, I was doing a "special" diet that included one meal replacement drink/day that was supposed to knock off 8-10 pounds, and although I didn't gain anything, I didn't lose anything either!! :o And I was hungry! I won't be doing that again!!!!

Logan

carole
11-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Thanks Logan for asking, I too hit a bit of a stalemate, i only managed to loose half a kilo in the last three weeks, but I know I have been eating over the programme slightly, mind you it has mostly been like fruit and good things, I have had a couple of little blow outs,but none too serious, although halloween night I had nothing in the house so decided i better make some toffee to parcel up incase some children stopped by, well long story cut short, it failed didn't it and was all sticky and chewy, meant to be more like a fudge, so guess who ate some of it, i ended up throwing it out, as I knew i would just eat the lot if I was not careful, it reminded me I still am a food addict for certain, I have to tell you I woke up with a blinding headache next day, i often wonder if it was just too much sugar at once, as I am not accustomed to it anymore , so I was a bit mad at myself, but I am doing ok again, and i am determined to shift at least another 4 to 5 kgs by xmas, but will settle for 2 kgs at the least, i just have to be a bit stricter and stick with my 20 points allowance. good luck to you as well, and remember not to be too hard on ourselves because that is when we just give in to temptation in a big way and undo all our good and hard work, cheers.

p.s Logan be very proud of what you have achieved, it is really tremendous, and you will get to your goal, it will take time and effort and the last lot is always the hardest to loose, but I know you can do it,just as I can, power to the people lol, WE CAN DO IT!!!!!! :D

G535
11-01-2005, 07:16 PM
The stalemate thing is normal in long term dieting, can last a few weeks up to a few months. It's the time when 90% of diets fail so you have to be really careful now. That information is from a dietician friend of mine. As for halloween, we don't have it in Australia so don't have those temptations with sweets. :)

carole
11-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks I know all about that for sure , been there many times, it is the time when you really have to be at your strongest, that is why it is good to come here and confess my sins lol, helps me a bit I guess, halloween is pretty new here in NZ too, I am suprised my Ozzie friends don't celebrate it and we do,it was just silly of me to make the fudge, but I felt I was strong enough as I have been doing the w.loss thingy for a while now, just goes to show, the old addiction raises its ugly head anytime and when you least suspect it eh? lol :D not to worry onwards and upwards I say.

kimlovescats
11-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Congratulations Carole!

carole
11-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Thank you. :)

Logan
11-01-2005, 09:13 PM
I guess the good thing is that I don't get tempted by sweets, so Halloween had no effect on me. Didn't even cheat, but I think I did hit that "plateau", but I'm headed downhill again!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work, Carole! :)

Logan

areias
11-01-2005, 09:34 PM
That's really good! High fives from another Weight Watchers groupie. I've been in weight watchers for 3 weeks now...the first two weeks I lost 5lbs, and we'll see what I weigh tomorrow...

but anyways that's terrific!!!!!!!

carole
11-01-2005, 11:50 PM
WELL DONE indeed that is a good weight loss in a short time, keep at it, we are all in it together here lol, logan I am pleased you have managed to get off the plateau, don't you just hate it when that happens, i almost feel i have reached that already, and I have much further to go yet to achieve what I want, but there is no way I am going to let this get the better of me, I feel so much better just being in control of my eating, I hate being out of control in anything in my life, so just that in itself is a great feeling, I am just so much happier when I am eathing healthy, and unfortunately my sweet tooth has always been my downfall, the fatty food I have never been able to tolerate too much because of my health problems, but sugar bring it on, but the good thing about my little blow out is I felt so physically unwell after it , it has put me off doing that again in a hurry. :) still once a foodaholic always a foodaholic,DON'T ever want to do that again, but I probably will. :(

Uabassoon
11-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Sometimes when you hit a pleteau it's good to change things up a little bit. I know that when I was doing WW I ended up getting into a routine and I was eating the same meals all the time, switching that up helped. Add some new meals into your diet. Also if you are exersicing then change up your workout routine and try something new. A lot of times your body just needs some change for it to start losing weight again.

carole
11-02-2005, 03:05 AM
What you are saying makes complete sense to me and I would say you are right, especially in my case, as I am a very boring eater, I am pretty fussy and do not like a big variety of foods, so I just eat the same things day in day out, it will be very hard for me to change my programme as I find it hard to find foods I like, this is my typical day.

Breakfast, WW cereal and half cup low fat milk 2 POINTS

Morning Tea-one low fat muslie bar and cup of tea 2 and half POINTS.

Lunch-three days a week I have low fat ham, lettuce, carrot, tomato and small amount of colby cheese on Freyas bread usually-no margerine or dressings, don't like either. cup of tea, about 6 and half POINTS.(other days I have low fat cup of soups)although now it is summer I will have to change that.
A piece of fruit usually an apple. 1POINT

Afternoon tea varies usually fruit or a chocolate low fat milkshake either 1 point or 1 and half POINTS.only have the milkshake now and then,hardly ever really.

Dinner, nearly always a chicken lite, which is 1 and half POINTS and either potato or kumara and a salad.total about 4 and half POINTS..any points left over usually another fruit, i do have the odd treat like a small piece of chocolate, or an ice cream or ice block which i work into the programme.

I really should have other food besides chicken lites, but they taste really nice and are the lowest fat thing i can find, i like having more points during the day for extras like more fruit etc, so I opt for them mostly, I am allergic to fish and have trouble digesting red meat even though I am on medication for that, so my options are not too great really.

I hate yoghurt, cottage cheese and any fancy sauces so ya see that limits me alot doesn't it?

I really should exercise more, I do the minimum 30mins a day walking and that is it, although i do run up and down the stairs alot during the day to come online and do stuff upstairs, infact since I have lost the 5 and half kgs I now can run up and down without getting puffed, I was incredibly unfit and that extra weight was not helping me one little bit.