PDA

View Full Version : Catnapper Castle -- ringworm's HERE!

catnapper
10-08-2005, 11:22 AM
I just got a call from the people who adopted Nessa and Elfie... Elfie has Ringworm! So now like Jen, I'm going to be panicky and running aroud the house checking all MY cats (and Nicki) for ringworm.

Where on earth could she have gotten it? I didn't see it when she was here, but she MUST have been infected while with me, because she showed signs of ringworm a few days ago in her new home, and she's only been there a week.

Sigh... just one more thing to go wrong with fosters this year!

Uabassoon
10-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about this. :(

Laura's Babies
10-08-2005, 11:42 AM
Awe Geez! The things you fosters go through! Lets keep fingers and paws crossed that nobody else has it! Geez! I am so sorry! :(

Does this mean now that you will have to keep Flutter even longer?

catnapper
10-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Does this mean now that you will have to keep Flutter even longer?
I hadn't thought of that, but I guess it does! :D

I checked everyone, and they all come up clean. Angel has a vet appt monday so will get the blacklight test. I checked her and found nothing, but the test will show up even the smallest flake.

Now I'm all itchy just thinking about it!

This just does it -- I am DONE fostering. The last straw for me. I will still be active and volunteer for the rescue, but no more fosters.

rg_girlca
10-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Oh gosh Kim, if it doesn't rain, it pours, doesn't it.

I am so sorry to hear this and I pray with all my might that the others don't get it.

caseysmom
10-08-2005, 02:17 PM
I would get the shampoo as fast as possible and bathe all of them just in case.

caseysmom
10-08-2005, 02:20 PM
I just thought of something...is it possible she picked it up while at the vet?

catmandu
10-08-2005, 03:32 PM
That could be an idea,as Mr Scrappy once picked up fleas,at the Vets,he was an apartment Cat,and he didnt have them,when he left here!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture832.jpg

Kirsten
10-08-2005, 03:33 PM
OMG, Kim, you and your kitties are going through so much these weeks... :(

Let's hope nobody else in your house has ringworm!

Kirsten

CalliesMom
10-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Ringworm is such a pain in the rear. I also wonder if she might have gotten it at the vet if none of the other kitties have it. ???

jenluckenbach
10-08-2005, 03:46 PM
How awful. :( I know first hand the worry. It is good that Angel can get check out by the vet Monday, then you can say you know for sure whether she has it or not.

I also feel bad for those people that adopted the girls. Now they will have to deal with this too. :(

krazyaboutkatz
10-09-2005, 01:42 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( For some reason, ringworm seems to be very prevalent this year. I received an e-mail from Starr's foster mom saying that her new foster kittens are now breaking out with it, the shelter that she works with has a major outbreak of it, and several other foster moms have kittens that are breaking out with it. :( The shelter used to give program to all of the cats to help prevent the spread of fleas but stopped due to financial reasons. Program has also been proven to protect against ringworm and now they have a major outbreak and are quarantining the shelter. :(

When I took Starr in the first time he broke out, I was told that there are 3 kinds of ringworm and that one of them doesn't glow under the black light. I sure hope that none of your cats or kittens have this. They may be safe since
the kittens broke out after they were in their new home. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Ugh! I'm sure glad they let you know so you can be on the lookout. Hopefully you're aware early enough to nip it in the bud if it actually does show up at your house. But I'm hoping even more that it never shows it's ugly face at your house!