PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else expecting to float away???

catnapper
10-08-2005, 10:10 AM
Its been a solid 24 hours of soaking rain -- POURING non-stop. EVERYTHING in the house is saturated from the humidity - paper feels like sponges. Anything made of wood has a slick, wet feeling to it. There is an honest to goodness RIVER flowing in my basement! :eek:

I had to actually push Nicki out the back door to do her business. She was outside not even a full 60 seconds and came back in looking like she jumped inot a pool. Hubby took the trash out and returned looking like he joined Nicki in that pool :eek:

Its one of those days where you'd love to set back and nap while listening to the pouring rain. The forecasters say its not going to stop til late tomorrow and then resume again Monday afternoon!

Anyone else experienceing this weather? According top the weather channel, this storm is HUGE and covering a large area! Want to float away with me? ;)

Laura's Babies
10-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Gee whiz! Is there any danger of flooding at your house? Sounds like Louisiana in the winter, rain, rain, rain! Are they calling for flash floods? Be careful if you go out and remember NEVER drive into water! A car can be carried away by just a small amount of water.

shutterbug0303
10-08-2005, 10:23 AM
We've just finished with that horrible weather....only hours ago

It's been raining...no, actually, pouring, here for 3 days!!! My entire yard IS a swimming pool! The dogs will NOT go outside for fear of getting wet! Heaven forbid they might melt :rolleyes:

The sun is finally shining, but the ground is saturated. I can't remember the last time it rained like this....all I can say is, pull out the rain slicker and make sure you have lots of paper towels on hand for "accidents" (stubborn dogs will NOT get wet :o )

catnapper
10-08-2005, 10:37 AM
LOL... Nicki might explode from internal pressure before she had an accident in the house! I have only seen her have one accident in the past 4 years -- that was because she had a little poopy problem. I managed to get her outside last night at 6:00 and couldn't get her out til around 10:00 this morning. She flat-out REFUSED to go. She'd do her pee dance, then stand in the open door looking at me like "ut-uh, I ain't going out there!" and settle down for half an hour, then do the pee dance and stand in the open doorway to stare outside with the same look. :rolleyes: I ended up giving her a little push from behind. Of course I was standing by with a towel to dry her off... nose first (we can't stand having a wet nosie :rolleyes: ) I don't forsee her eagerly going outside... so we'll have a repeat performance this afternoon and tonight.

Its sooooo wet! I can't believe this rain.

Laura, we have flooding EVERYWHERE. If I can manage it, I'll take pictures of the rivrs flowing outside my house. We never have rivers where there are currently rivers! I haven't had the news on so I don't know about flash flood warnings, but I wouldn't be surprised!

Uabassoon
10-08-2005, 10:45 AM
You can send a little of that rain over here! Yesterday it looked like it wanted to rain, we had a could. Yes, that's right a single cloud. Rain would be nice, however I won't complain about Arizona weather since it's finally below 100 degrees out.

jackie
10-08-2005, 11:33 AM
My dogs love the rain. As soon as it starts they all start howling to get outside and play. I guess I am pretty lucky it very rarely rains here! :rolleyes:

dogzr#1
10-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Nope no rain here. Can you send some of that rain over here?

elizabethann
10-08-2005, 11:58 AM
It's raining here too...cats & dogs. Fenway went out to pee and ran back into the house. Then he went back out to try to poop, but a raindrop must have hit him in the head, so he ran back into the house.

I thought I would clean my closets today but it's so freaking humid. I can't breath. I think I heard cooler weather tomorrow, but still rain.

Can't complain though because we haven't had a lot of rain since Spring. We need it.

Sorry to hear about your basement.

neko1
10-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Yes the rain has been non stop for the past day here as well. But we need it. And I woke up late today and took a nice nap. And later, hubby and I are baking cookies so it's turning out to be a nice relaxing weekend.

chocolatepuppy
10-08-2005, 01:27 PM
It's been raining here non stop for over 24 hours also. It isn't heavy rain though, thank goodness.

carole
10-08-2005, 03:08 PM
If it is any consolation Kim here down under it has been much the same, atrocious weather, high gail force winds, hail, terrible downpours of rain, very stormy, today is looking a bit on the better side, we have had almost a week of it and it is the school holidays too, bored children stuck inside makes it a difficult week, it is supposed to be spring darn it, and we have even had heavy snowfalls in parts of the country.

Roll on summer please. ;)

NoahsMommy
10-08-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm a bit jealous, I love the rain!!

Its finally cooling off here today. Its been hot and windy the entire week. NOT my idea of nice weather....ewww!

Hope it stops enough for Nicki to go potty soon!! Poor girl!!

Hope you stay dry, Kim! :)

luvofallhorses
10-08-2005, 03:20 PM
It's been raining here, too. Just lightly, though.

jenluckenbach
10-08-2005, 03:48 PM
I am personally afraid to go look in my cellar. :eek: