PDA

View Full Version : I've been ditched.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Aye. It happened again.

I had plans with of my closest friends, Anne, Caryssa and Madison to meet at the mall at 6pm and go shopping for a bit, then maybe go bowling.

6 nears, 6:30 passes, so does 7:00. Not a call.

Anne had promised to call me around 6 to tell me what was going on. She PROMISED to call. At 7 I called her house and her dad told me she was at a party.

WHY do people need to do this? I would have been fine if she said she had a party to go to tonight, but NO. She goes behind my back and doesn't even bother to tell me where she's going. Neither Caryssa nor Madison are online, so I'm assuming they aren't home either.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong or what I have done wrong. I'm just so sad and devastated right now. :( I'm always the one left out. :(

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Sad thing is, she's the one in my sig with me. :(

GoldenRetrLuver
10-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I've been through that before.

IMO, she doesn't sound like your real friend/best friend if she's done this to you before. That wasn't very considerate of her to not even call you to tell you that she changed plans, nor was it right of them to ditch you like that.

Feel better, kiddo. Maybe call her later and see what she has to say about it?

Julie

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-07-2005, 07:12 PM
She has changed so much lately. :( I miss my old best friend. :( And the sad thing is, she is the only friend that does it to me.

Anita Cholaine
10-07-2005, 07:48 PM
I completely understand you, because something similar is happening to me now:(

I have a friend who started to pretend to be cool and popular and left me and my friend Paula alone.... She doesn't look cool, actually, she looks stupid.... I glad to have at least one true good friend though....

I don't understand why people do this kind of things sometimes, I also feel terrible about it....

luvofallhorses
10-07-2005, 07:53 PM
I am so sorry. :( ((((HUGS)))) Hang in there.

jennifert9
10-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Try not to take it personally. Honestly. I know it's easy to say and hard to do but seriously...
This has happened to me countless times...I ask a friend if they want to do something later or the next day or even weeks in advance and they say "Oh yes, that would be fun" or whatever. And then, while to me, that means I have committed myself to that activity, that person, that time...to some people, it doesn't mean anything. Even if they make the plans with me, they still feel it's OK to change their minds, often without notice. I can't stand it but I've learned to live with it. I know EXACTLY which friends to make plans with now and which to assume all plans are "optional" with. I have one friend who just absolutely refuses to make ANY plans at all...If she is around, we hang out. If not, we don't. I have just learned to enjoy the time I do spend with her and not worry about "next time."
I love to do things, be out of the house, be with friends and other people and I CAN'T STAND it when I am looking forward to something and then plans change and I'm stuck home or alone....But I adjust and so will you!! :)
Now if she is just a jerk, that's a whole different story!! Anyway, we're happy you are here with us tonight!! :D:D:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-07-2005, 08:21 PM
New Scenario.

She called. She asked if they could still come and get me. That was a half hour ago. Maybe they got lost, it isn't easy to get to my mom's house. If they were lost they would call though... :( :confused:

sammy101
10-07-2005, 09:04 PM
oh i know how you feel.I get left out of alot of things.I'm sorry this happened to you :(
{{hugs}}

carole
10-07-2005, 10:08 PM
I am sorry to hear about this happening to you Megan, to me it is just common decency to phone up and say you are held up or cannot make it, manner's eh? where have they all gone? I hope they have an explanation, otherwise, I would kick them to the Kerb, not worth having as friends IMO.

slleipnir
10-07-2005, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't know where to start with all the crap I've put up with from my so called "Best friends". I went through a lot of hurtful times with a lot of different people.

I honestly don't have one person in real life that I would call a true friend. I don't even have friends in general. I never hang out with anyone and it really sucks. I hope your friend makes it to your place and isn't fooling around....

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-07-2005, 11:28 PM
You won't believe this.

It was a SURPRISE PARTY! My birthday is on Monday so they surprised me a little early. :) I feel bad about the assumptions, lol. It was so fun. They got me great gifts, gift cards, a cupcake cake with candles on each cupcake, and we bowled. It was so fun. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-08-2005, 07:38 AM
Bump. :)

Anita Cholaine
10-08-2005, 08:08 AM
How fun!:D Glad to hear that didn't leave you alone, finally.....

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Aww, I am happy for you! It turned out well :)

trayi52
10-08-2005, 08:31 AM
That turned out great, Megan! A Birthday party? Well I think I will wish you a Happy Birthday in advance!

Glad to see you happy, sweetie. I don't like to see you so sad.

Willie :)

CalliesMom
10-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Glad to hear everything turned out well! HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advance.

carole
10-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Aww Megan is your face red or what? well I am just happy it all turned out well for you, and they are indeed the great friends you thought they were, perhaps you are just a little insecure about yourself, that is how I am sometimes and I end up thinking the worst too, ah well all is good, and BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweetie, are you 17 now? ;)

luvofallhorses
10-08-2005, 03:51 PM
I am glad everything turned out well!! :) Happy EARLY birthday, Megan!! :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Yep, I'm turning 17 on Monday. :) Thanks everyone!

Logan
10-08-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm glad it was a "good" thing, after all, Megan!!! :)