PDA

View Full Version : Blood test tomorrow... wish me luck

Anita Cholaine
10-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I need a blood test, because I almost fainted last weekend, and I've been feeling too tired and too pale lately, so, I could have something wrong (anemia maybe)

So... it's a long time since my last blood test (about 8 years... :o) and I'm a bit scared of it! I really want to do it, though.... Wish me luck please!:)

luvofallhorses
10-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Good luck!! Please keep us updated!!

dukedogsmom
10-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Good luck! It's good you're getting help if you've been fainting like that. You could hurt yourself.

Flatcoatluver
10-07-2005, 05:23 PM
good luck!

Ginger's Mom
10-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Good thoughts going out for you, Natali. I hope they can find out what is wrong and that it can be easily remedied.

Jadapit
10-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Best of luck!! You will be in my thoughts.

lizbud
10-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Best of luck with the tests. Sending positive thoughts your way. :)

Anita Cholaine
10-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Thank you everybody:)

I forgot to tell you another thing: I'm not allowed to eat anything since 6pm of today, until after the test, tomorrow's morning.... It's 9:30 pm now, and I'm really hungry... it could be because of the anxiety, but I really want to have dinner, but I can't... I'll have to go to bed early today....

carole
10-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Hmm they must be testing you for other possiblities as well, since you are not allowed to eat, it will be good for you to have a complete blood works done, just to elimnate anything, sounds a bit like you are low in Iron, I too have that problem, luckily it is usually easily fixed with either supplements and a change in diet, good luck, honestly it does not hurt much, I used to be scared of having blood tests as well, now I just don't worry about them anymore, and usually it is relatively painless. GOOD LUCK all the same and keep us posted as to how you go ok. :)

Karen
10-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Good luck tomorrow. Drink plenty of water tonight, it'll help keep you from getting dehydrated, which makes getting blood drawn more difficult.

Laura's Babies
10-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Good Luck and keep us posted.

davidpizzica
10-08-2005, 02:50 AM
Natali, good luck with your blood test tomorrow. It will give the doctors a clue about those near fainting spells. I've been through plenty of them and it's standard procedure not to eat the night before. I usually pig out after one of those!

Anita Cholaine
10-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Thank you so much everybody!:) I just came from my blood test, and it didn't hurt very much.... We bought some croissants on the way, because I was really hungry, I love eating so much.......

I'll have the results next thursday, so, I'm really anxious about it!

smokey the elder
10-08-2005, 08:07 AM
They wanted to do a full lipids profile, which requires fasting and no caffeine! *shudder*. I hope you're not hypoglycemic; fasting is very bad. You lived through it, so you probably don't have THAT problem!

I hope everything came out all right.

carole
10-08-2005, 10:26 PM
There now it wasn't too bad after all, and besides you had some yummy crossiants to make up for it, fingers and paws crossed that all will be well and fixable. good luck

Karen
10-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Don't you hate tests you cannot study for? :p When I got my allergies tested last winter, I called my sister afterwards, and told her the (pathetic) results. I said, "Well, I failed my allergy test today," and she said, in her most helpful big sister voice, "Well, at least if you're gonna fail a test, at least it is a test you couldn't study for."

(I turned out to have a whole lot of food allergies I never had before. Before this, food allergies were something SHE had, not me! It explained a lot of things, but makes me pretty difficult to feed.)

Anita Cholaine
10-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Well..... I have the test blood results, and everything seems to be ok.... I'll have to go to the doc though, so please, wish me luck!:)

I have something worse to think about: my knees.... I'l need surgery on both knees, and I'm really worried about it... I'll make another thread about it, so that I can explain you everything...........