PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Card Swap

Pages : [1] 2

dukedogsmom
10-07-2005, 02:38 PM
It's that time of year again folks. I've participated for two years now and really enjoy it. All those interested, sign up here. You don't put your personal info here, though. PM me with your name and mailing address.And email addressIf you want your pet's names included on the card, I'll need that, too. November 6th is the deadline for signing up. Also remember that EVERYONE on the list is to be sent a card. Think about postage price and start saving now. I know I was shocked about that the first time I participated. You can even do postcards if you like. It's a lot of fun to get cards from all over the world. Also, if you're not in the U.S. and are worried about postage, usually there is one person that they can mail the cards to and then do the postage for the U.S. ones in the U.S. I hope that makes sense. Ho ho ho! I love Christmas! Let the fun begin.
**If you are 15 or under, you must get your parent's permission. Have the parent email Karen. [email protected]**

Who have signed up so far: 41

dukedogsom
lvpets2002
Felicia's Mom
Karen
mina'smomma
anna_66
finn's mom
NoahsMommy
Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Corinna
Maya & Inka's Mommy
Captain
RobiLee
shutterbug0303
krazyaboutkatz
petslover
kblaix
Cincy'sMom
Mommyof3cats
Felix
Alley Cat's Mommy
Jadapit
K9karen
WolfQ
Gini
sasvermont
luckies4me
lv4dogs
Richard
Neko1
Russian Blue
Andie
DaisyJo's Mom
Kfamr
Lbaker
Glacier
Nomilynn
Pnance
Barbara
Jazzcat
If I have missed you or there is a mistake, please let me know.

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Ouch, how much has postage been in the past? Just an average, Val, if you don't mind...I want to do this, though! It shouldn't be an issue, but, now you've got me nervous! :) What information do you need me to pm you?

lvpets2002
10-07-2005, 02:45 PM
:) Oh yes I would love to Christmas Card Swap & yes do think it would be neat to see others all over the world.. I will PM you with my address info..

dukedogsmom
10-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Kari, last year I think it was for about 50 people. That's why I mentioned the postcards. Or, you can do what I did the first year and bought the decorated computer paper and just had a message printed out. If you can't do it for all and just want to do a few personally, we'd all understand. Or, just save a bit from a few paychecks and it won't be hard at all. I just need your name and mailing address. I'll edit that in the first post.

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks, Val. I'm in. :)

Karen
10-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Count me in! I was just thinking about this yesterday!

dukedogsmom
10-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Before this goes too much further, you will have needed to have been here a while. When Karen answers my pm about making this thread sticky, I'll ask her about that, too. I'm trying to find last years' but am having trouble. Bear with me as I'm new at this and will do my very best to make everyone happy.

Anita Cholaine
10-07-2005, 03:15 PM
:( I'd love to join.... But I think I won't be able to send a postcard to another part of the world....:( Hope I can join another Christmas...

I'm really sad about this, I really want to join.......

Jadapit
10-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Count me in. :)

dukedogsmom
10-07-2005, 03:18 PM
That's it. I've got to edit it again because I need everyone's email addresses! That's how I send the list to everyone. Duh! I'll get it right, I swear.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you participate, you must send cards to everyone on the list, not just those you pick and choose. Everyone sends to everyone, it's the only fair way to do it.

Also, when considering postage, some particpants are from out of the country - Europe, Canada, Australia, etc. - so postage will be more to them than to the US participants. 50 x .37 = $18.50, then you have to add a bit for the out of country people, and you're looking at possibly around $25.00 in postage - on top of the cost of cards for 50 people, etc....

It can get a bit expensive, but it is so worth it go get a ton of cards from all over the world. :D

I'm in again! :D

aly
10-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Just a heads up to people who haven't participated: In the past, I've ended up spending about $75+ if you include postage, cards, envelopes, stickers, pictures, etc.

slick
10-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Just a heads up to people who haven't participated: In the past, I've ended up spending about $75+ if you include postage, cards, envelopes, stickers, pictures, etc.
The first year I participated the bottom line was just over $150. That's why I've opted out of this since then and will not be participating this year.

dukedogsmom
10-07-2005, 03:30 PM
BUT, you don't have to do all that. You can even go to Wal Mart and get the photo cards. I think they are quite reasonable. Please don't back out just for that. We would love to get anything from you.

Jessika
10-07-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm interested but I don't know how many people will be involved or how much do you think postage would be? It's 38 cents in the US correct?? For 50 cards that's 20 bucks. :o I know doesn't seem like a lot but on a tight budget.. :(

I'll consider, though! I would LOVE to receive some, that's for sure, but well.. I'll see.

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 03:44 PM
I know that I've regretted not participating, and, I won't miss out on it again. I'm probably going to have to set aside $5 or $10 a week, starting now. Hopefully, my budget won't be so small here in the next month, though, and it won't be so tight for me. But, either way, I wanna do it this year! I'm already thinking of ways to make this as creative, but, as inexpensive as possible!

Jessika
10-07-2005, 03:48 PM
I know that I've regretted not participating, and, I won't miss out on it again. I'm probably going to have to set aside $5 or $10 a week, starting now. Hopefully, my budget won't be so small here in the next month, though, and it won't be so tight for me. But, either way, I wanna do it this year! I'm already thinking of ways to make this as creative, but, as inexpensive as possible!

That's a good idea, maybe I'll "budget" it in hehe.

RobiLee
10-07-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm in!!! Thanks for doing this, Val.

I think this will be my third time in the Christmas Card Swap and I highly recommend it. If you can manage to save back a little money each week to do it, I know you won't regret it. It is so much fun to recieve cards from all around the world. Its such a treat to find all these wonderful cards in your mailbox. It is most definitely one of the highlights of the holiday season for me :D

Kfamr
10-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Do you know when we will get the list of addresses?

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 04:25 PM
That's a good idea, maybe I'll "budget" it in hehe.

I hope so! Like I said, I know for me personally, I've not taken the initiative to budget it in the past, and, come Christmas time, i've always felt totally left out. Silly, I know, but, it'll be worth it to get cards from everyone!

dukedogsmom
10-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Do you know when we will get the list of addresses?
The deadline is the 6th so you'll receive it soon after that. Robin gave me another reminder. Please include your pet's names if you want them on the cards.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-07-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm in again!!! It's so much fun! I got so excited to see this!
I'll PM you with my info soon.

shutterbug0303
10-07-2005, 04:46 PM
count me in! :D (this will be my second time....such fun getting all those Christmas cards and plastering your walls with them)

Jessika
10-07-2005, 04:50 PM
The deadline is the 6th so you'll receive it soon after that. Robin gave me another reminder. Please include your pet's names if you want them on the cards.

November 6?

dukedogsmom
10-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Oops! Yes, November 6th.

RICHARD
10-07-2005, 07:07 PM
I am in!

To me it's not the "flair" of the card that matters-It's the messages that come inside!

I have seen some pretty creative stuff come thru my mailbox...

And ONE request!

If you do enclose pictures Please label them or paste them so I know who it who sent them to me!!!

THanks!!! :D

dukedogsmom
10-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Richard, that was very clever! I caught it.

puggywuggles41893
10-07-2005, 08:43 PM
OOO! I would love to do that! Ill have my parents email Karen right now! :D

Karen
10-07-2005, 08:54 PM
:( I'd love to join.... But I think I won't be able to send a postcard to another part of the world....:( Hope I can join another Christmas...

I'm really sad about this, I really want to join.......

If you wanted to participate, you could address all the US cards, put them in a box, and send it to me, and then you would just have to pay the 37¢ apiece US postage for each of those, something to consider.

It is kind of expensive, but fun. Maybe when you are older, you can do it!

No one else I know (besides Pet Talkers) ever got a Christmas card with camels wearing Santa hats hanging their stocking on palm trees! :) Julie in Bahrain will probably be too busy with other things this year, but that's just one example!

slleipnir
10-07-2005, 10:32 PM
I might do it this year....depends on how many people..I want to be sure I can afford it first

krazyaboutkatz
10-08-2005, 01:35 AM
I've been doing this for the last 3 years and I've thoroughly enjoyed it every year. :D You can count me in again this year. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-08-2005, 04:22 AM
I have participated every time, and so do I this year too!! I am already looking forward to my daily trip to the mailbox, looking for PT-cards :D . My empty wall is waiting to be covered with cards from all over the world!!
YIPPIE!!

ps. I just made my Chrisrmas card for PT yesterday!! I LOVE it!!! :)

Cincy'sMom
10-08-2005, 08:42 AM
I sent out information! Can't wait!!

Felicia's Mom
10-08-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm in again this year too! :D

anna_66
10-08-2005, 11:45 AM
I've done it for the last three years and there's NO WAY I'd miss it this year....We're in:D

For those of you who are on a budget, take a picture and to go Staples, The Brown Store, etc.. and have copies made (pretty cheap) and make that your card! Even if it's the box of $5 cards from Wal-Mart, it's nice getting cards in the mail:)

I usually make mine on the computer every year with one of my pictures. I might spend $75 all together, but it is so worth it when the cards start coming in the mail from all over the country!

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-08-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm in! I will actually be away from mid-December to Mid-January, but it will be such a treat to arrive back in Bahrain in Jnauary and have all those wonderful cards waiting for me!! :D

.............now I need to find some great "Bahrain" style cards again - anyone want another Camel?? ;)

NoahsMommy
10-08-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm in as well!! This is soooo fun!! NO ONE I know recieves cards from all over the world and all my family/friends are shocked when they see them all over my place! :)

petslover
10-08-2005, 10:12 PM
I was just wondering if you could start a list of names who have signed up for it . .that way we can keep up with how many have joined the card swap. Its okay if you can't do that. just thought I would swing the idea your way.

dukedogsmom
10-08-2005, 10:15 PM
I can do that. I'll put it up at the beginning of this thread. However, I'm at work right now and with the full moon that must be coming, it's a little busy. I might be able to do it later when and if everyone goes to sleep.

petslover
10-08-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm glad you can do it. Thanks.

Corinna
10-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Count me in this year . I have missed out the last couple years, But have heard how great it's been. Since I havew an e card to all my thousands of relitives I can afford postage fo my freinds.
You have to empty your Pm box It's over and won't let me leave my info.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-09-2005, 09:30 PM
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to but I don't know how my parents would react if I got a card from say, AFRICA? Lol... I don't know. I could definately afford it, but I don't know about my parents. :(

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-09-2005, 09:48 PM
COUNT ME IN!

My friend offered to have the cards sent to her house and she will give them to me. The address I will be giving out is my friends, but my name will be there. :) I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED!

captain
10-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Count me in!!!!!

Thanks Val ...:D

Karen
10-09-2005, 11:16 PM
COUNT ME IN!

My friend offered to have the cards sent to her house and she will give them to me. The address I will be giving out is my friends, but my name will be there. :) I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED!

You should probably have a parent email me with permission, especially as you're still a teenager, and involving another teen's family. Please have your friend's mother email me at [email protected] stating that she is willing to have her child's home address promulgated to a wide list of people. We don't want you, her, or anyone else to get in trouble for this. In fact, which parent do you live with these days? Ask your Dad if he would mind them going to his address, and that would be better than involving a whole third party.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-10-2005, 07:16 AM
I just sent my info.

Also, Last year we included spouses names in the info as well.

Kfamr
10-10-2005, 01:13 PM
This is what was listed last year:

Pet Talk ID
Your pets names
Your name (& significant other if you'd like them to be included)
Mailing Address
Email Address

petslover
10-10-2005, 01:24 PM
You forgot me! ;)

AlleyCat
10-10-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm doing it again this year! Last year was my first time and I thought it was a blast !! Thanks for putting it together.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-11-2005, 09:03 PM
You should probably have a parent email me with permission, especially as you're still a teenager, and involving another teen's family. Please have your friend's mother email me at [email protected] stating that she is willing to have her child's home address promulgated to a wide list of people. We don't want you, her, or anyone else to get in trouble for this. In fact, which parent do you live with these days? Ask your Dad if he would mind them going to his address, and that would be better than involving a whole third party.

*sigh*

Neither of my parents will let me. I'll see what I can do. :(

Karen
10-11-2005, 09:55 PM
You still have a few weeks to convince someone, okay? If your friends parents are okay with it, they could call me, let me know and I'll PM you my phone number.

gini
10-11-2005, 11:42 PM
It really is a lot of fun to get cards from your Pet Talk friends from all over the world and the U.S.

Count me in - I will email you the address of Rascal, Annie and Emma. :)

K9karen
10-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Count me in..I'll be emailing you in a minute, Val. Thanks for organizing it.
Well, yeah, it can be expensive, but honestly, it's the most fun! I still have pictures from the very first time. I have to race Logan to the door when the mailman comes!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-14-2005, 02:42 AM
How many have subscribed already? I want to buy my printing paper today, so I'd like to have an idea of "how many??"

dukedogsmom
10-14-2005, 03:06 AM
It's in the very first post. But remember, they have until 11/6 to sign up. I hope we get a lot more than we have now.

kimboe
10-14-2005, 08:33 AM
I would like to join, but i don't know if i can do 50 Cards! However if there is 30 i would like to join!
30..Alot but not overwhelming!

jackie
10-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I am still thinking about it. We always have a problem with the mail here, and I am afraid half of my cards with go missing.

Karen
10-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Do think about it, and jackie, if you are worried about outgoing mail, you could put all the US cards in a box and have someone here put them in the U.S. post for you.

If you're worried about receiving the cards, though, that I don;t know anything I can recommend - I have no inside info on the Spanish postal system! :)

Also, 50 cards isn't THAT much more than 30 - if you break it up into groups (I'll do 20 on Friday, 20 on Saturday and 10 Monday, for example, it's less overwhelming!)

RICHARD
10-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Also, 50 cards isn't THAT much more than 30 - if you break it up into groups (I'll do 20 on Friday, 20 on Saturday and 10 Monday, for example, it's less overwhelming!)

That is what I do....I grab all my materials, sit down and do a few each night for a week....it's fun, relaxing and I get to practice my penmanship..

Also, I Volunteer to adopt/help someone from outside the US send their cards.
When the final list comes out I can tell you how much it will cost to send the cards out.

Logan
10-14-2005, 06:15 PM
I know this was not a popular suggestion before, but if we broke it into groups, and each person had 10 people to send to, rather than 50, but with the option of sending to all, it might work out better. I know I'd be more inclined to participate.

Logan

dukedogsmom
10-14-2005, 06:37 PM
I think that would take away a lot of the fun of signing up. There's nothing wrong with people pm'ing the ones they would like to send cards to. I know a lot can't afford it all but if they started now and did a bit each month, it would be eaiser. But, for those that sign up here, it's for all on the list.

kimboe
10-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Hmmm....If i do join can i send some one most of the cards in a box to the USA as of most of you are from there. It will cost me .85 cents per card!, If i mail each one from canada. And it's .50 cents here in canada.
Damn, i wish our dollar was more! Oh, well :rolleyes:
Oh, and do they have to be really fancy??
:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-15-2005, 06:32 AM
25 subscriptions now :) PERFECT !!! Last year there were almost 60 people..... I had a lot of writiing to do, and bought tons of stamps :p

sasvermont
10-15-2005, 06:41 AM
This is my second year participating in the card exchange.

Last year, after Christmas, I bought a ton of cards on sale. Yes, ones like the kind I had sent just weeks before!

What I didn't do last year, was to write my pet's names on my mailing information, and I did do it this year. And, I didn't take the time to write a message. I was sorry I didn't take the time, as I really enjoyed reading the messages from the folks who sent me cards. Am I forgiven.

It would be nice to have the mailing list as early as possible and maybe sent to the participants earlier enough so that they might verify the mailing addresses and zip codes.

It was fun last year and that is why I plan to participate again! :D

Karen
10-15-2005, 02:04 PM
Hmmm....If i do join can i send some one most of the cards in a box to the USA as of most of you are from there. It will cost me .85 cents per card!, If i mail each one from canada. And it's .50 cents here in canada.
Damn, i wish our dollar was more! Oh, well :rolleyes:
Oh, and do they have to be really fancy??
:)

Sure you can send a box to me, and I can mail them for 37 cents apiece from our post office.

No, they don't have to be fancy at all! Just a card, some people put picture of their pets in, some people's cards ARE their pet's picture - anything is just fine, and lots of fun!

BitsyNaceyDog
10-15-2005, 02:17 PM

I love to sit down on the couch with a christmas movie in the DVD player and address my Christmas cards. I always have a lot to address. I have about 40 cards that I send out to family and friends, then however many PT cards there are. In addition to that I address a couple hundred Christmas cards for work.

luckies4me
10-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Count me in! I've done it twice now and I love it! :D

LaynaBayna
10-16-2005, 08:52 PM
count me in! i love making christmas cards & recieving them!

BitsyNaceyDog
10-17-2005, 01:49 PM
count me in! i love making christmas cards & recieving them!

Hi! Welcome to Pet Talk! Usually for things like this (card swaps, gift swaps, etc.) only people who have been members for awhile can participate. We do this through regular mail therefore our addresses are given out. I mean no offense to you, I'm sure you're a fine person, but I (and I'm sure others too) don't want my address going to just any stranger on the internet.
Let us all get to know you and next year you will be more than welcome to participate.

Felix
10-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Oh boy,yay this sounds like sooooo much fun!!.must be neat getting cards from all around the world huh.I would love to join :D count me in please..I will PM my info later.Im getting excited already!! :o

AllAmericanPUP
10-18-2005, 02:33 PM
i'm gonna have to pass this year :( i already signed up for a gift swap in one group and a card exchange in another so that's pretty much all i can afford
darn it :(

lv4dogs
10-18-2005, 02:54 PM
A little someone just got me in the christmas spirit. Yes a little early but I think it is enough to keep me going until Christmas comes. ;) So put me on the list please. :D

Donnaj4962
10-18-2005, 03:06 PM
I have just read through this whole thread, and am considering joining...but I have a question.

I have seen several times that you must have been a member of this forum for "a while"... what constitutes "a while"???? Just wondering if I will be eligible or not.

It sounds like a great card swap.... I just am concerned about the cost and whether or not I will be "allowed" to participate. :rolleyes:

I do understand WHY this participation time is in place. It is a great way to try to avoid any possible problems.

Please just let me know. Thanks. :)

dukedogsmom
10-18-2005, 06:36 PM
I really don't know of a certain time. Felix is relatively new and he's signed up. You have about the same posts as he does. You can join, too. Just be sure you can do it before you do. The reason we want people that have been here a bit is because we want to make sure you can be trusted. It's just that we don't want someone that's just joined and then will not follow through with the promise to send cards. A lot of people join and then never come back after making a couple of replies. I hope I've explained that well.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-19-2005, 10:42 AM
I have just read through this whole thread, and am considering joining...but I have a question.

I have seen several times that you must have been a member of this forum for "a while"... what constitutes "a while"???? Just wondering if I will be eligible or not.

It sounds like a great card swap.... I just am concerned about the cost and whether or not I will be "allowed" to participate. :rolleyes:

I do understand WHY this participation time is in place. It is a great way to try to avoid any possible problems.

Please just let me know. Thanks. :)

I said to LaynaBayna that she needed to be here a bit longer before joining a swap. It was only her second post when she wanted to join a swap, and that is WAY too premature to be joining a swap. You've been here since April and have made over 100 posts, so I don't have a problem with you joining in the card swap.

Donnaj4962
10-19-2005, 12:07 PM
THANKS! :D

I will need to review the finances and make a decision. But I do love the site, and am here more often than I probably should be! :rolleyes: (I usually check in while I am at work!)

I will have my decision before the Novewmber 6 deadline. Thanks again. :)

Russian Blue
10-19-2005, 04:59 PM
Various reasons prevented me from participating in the past.This is the first year that I will be able to participate.

Yay! I'm really looking forward to it!

:D

mina'smomma
10-20-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm in :D

Karen
10-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Gosh, it is so much fun! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-21-2005, 12:58 PM
I just finished printing ALL my cards!! Wow, I am early, right?! Well, I am glad to be all ready, now I only need to write the addresses on the envelopes :)

He he, I even ordered special stamps with pics of my cats on it!!

lv4dogs
10-21-2005, 02:29 PM
I just finished printing ALL my cards!! Wow, I am early, right?! Well, I am glad to be all ready, now I only need to write the addresses on the envelopes :)

He he, I even ordered special stamps with pics of my cats on it!!

Good for you! I love getting things done early too!
I'm waiting for the local walmart, grocery store, cvs and the like, any one of them to stat offering their christmas card picture prints.

dukedogsmom
10-21-2005, 05:05 PM
You two are way too organized! I don't even have the pic taken, much less printed out on anything. I would like to make the cards again this year but haven't thought of a design I'd like to use yet.

Corinna
10-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Got my post card stock now to choose pictures and merge them on my puter and print.

Kfamr
10-22-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm waiting to see how many people join. If not too many more join i'll be able to do it. I'd also like to make a special card for each person. Depending on how much time i'll have. I went today to see how much it'd cost for the supplies I want and it wouldn't be too bad.

k9krazee
10-22-2005, 09:46 PM
I really really want to do this, it sounds like so much fun but I definately need to talk to the 'rents about this one...they already aren't too fond of PT :rolleyes: (they're just jealous ;) ) I wonder what their reaction will be...hmmm :D

Andie
10-25-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm in again this year!!! I loved getting cards from everyone last time. It will be nice to have all the cards again (I still have some cards taped to my table from the year before last :o ) especially since I'm going to be away from my family for the first time this Christmas. :(

lv4dogs
10-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Woo Hoo! Walmart has their christmas photo cards up! Looks like I'll be digging my christmas props out of the closet this weekend (and maybe a visit to the dollar store) for a christmas card photo shoot!

This will be my first christmas getting special cards like this. I figure it's for a special reason, PT, and this may be Nanooks last christmas with me.

DaisyJo's Mom
10-26-2005, 12:47 AM
i would like to....it sounds like fun....and i love getting mail that isn't bills

BitsyNaceyDog
10-26-2005, 07:21 AM
Valerie, I noticed you forgot to put yourself on the list.
I was also wondering if you could add a count to the top or bottom of the list. This way we don't have to count every time we want to know how many are on the list. I counted 32 plus you, so 33 thus far. I thought it'd be easier for everyone if you could post the number and then when you add someone to the list you could up the number.

Kfamr
10-26-2005, 05:18 PM
I just went and bough a bunch of supplies. I bought enough to make 50 cards, so hopefully that'll be enough since there's still a bit until deadline. If I end up with more i'll probably make some for family and friends.

Soo.... going to send my info now. :)

dukedogsmom
10-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Ok, the list has been ammended and the count is up. That was a good idea. I just wish I had an idea on what to do. My mind is a complete blank.k

Kfamr
10-26-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm just doing them with what supplies I have.. So far each one is different. I'm going to get pictures printed to go inside them. I've got about 15 of them decorated so far.

Felix
10-27-2005, 09:33 AM
I cant wait till christmas..... ;) :D

pnance
10-27-2005, 03:00 PM
I wasn't on the board last year for this, so sorry for the maybe stupid questions:
1)Can anyone signup, even newer people?
2) I'd like to participate but I can be a little lame in the creativity :eek: department, how fancy/creative do people get?

dukedogsmom
10-27-2005, 06:39 PM
You can sign up. People can get very creative and some buy cards. Do whatever you would like to and feel comfortable with. It's a lot of fun. Just remember, you have to send a card to everyone on the list.

finn's mom
10-28-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm so excited! I went last night and got all kinds of little things on sale. Now I just have to get a Christmas picture of Finn. :) I'm so glad I get to do the swap this year!!! Yay!

lv4dogs
10-28-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm waiting to see how many people join. If not too many more join i'll be able to do it. I'd also like to make a special card for each person. Depending on how much time i'll have. I went today to see how much it'd cost for the supplies I want and it wouldn't be too bad.

I wanted to do the same thing but I don't have enough time this year. :(

So my next thing was to take a pic and make my own cards on the computer. They wouldn't really be tailored to meet individual needs but at least they would still be handmade.

Then my home computer died!

So then I was thinking about doing it on the work computer, but the printer isn't a good photo quality printer. I thought about adding my printer to the work computer but thats just too much.

So I'm just taking in a nice home-taken holiday photo of the ruppers (maybe I'll "try" to get the kitties in it too, to Walmart & get cards made out of them.

Karen
10-28-2005, 04:21 PM
I wasn't on the board last year for this, so sorry for the maybe stupid questions:
1)Can anyone signup, even newer people?
2) I'd like to participate but I can be a little lame in the creativity :eek: department, how fancy/creative do people get?

Exactly as Val said - the cards can be store-bought, homemade, fancy or plain - anything! It's just for plain old fun, which for some means being creative, yet other blanche at the thought of glitter - the variety of people and cards is just part of the fun!

pnance
11-01-2005, 03:34 PM
I think I'm in, my roomate came up w/a great idea for a card.....assuming I can get my crew to sit still for more than a second. :D

finn's mom
11-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey, maybe I'm dense or just totally missing it...but, Karen's participating, right? :D

dukedogsmom
11-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah, she is. She hadn't sent me her info so I hadn't added her.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-03-2005, 08:50 AM
Shutterfly is offering 20% off on orders of over $30 (lower percentage on smaller orders) - just wanted to mention in case any of you are planning on ordering your cards from them. The offer expires November 8th :D

finn's mom
11-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Yeah, she is. She hadn't sent me her info so I hadn't added her.

Ah, ok...I was wondering about that! ;)

lbaker
11-03-2005, 10:22 AM
I just sent in my information. When do we get the "so far" list with addresses and such? I haven't read this whole thread so forgive me if this has already been explained :o What a wonderful thing for you to do Val! I'm sure it takes a lot of time but it sure is worth it for the rest of us. I think this will be four years running for me! What a treat! :D

dukedogsmom
11-03-2005, 04:42 PM
I am very excited! I signed up to take a Christmas card class at my scrapbook store this Tuesday. And, if it isn't too expensive, I'll be making very classy looking cards and then just enclosing a pic of the critters. I hope it'll work out that I can make the ones I learn about on Tuesday.

Felix
11-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Sounds like fun!! :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Val,

Don't want to be a "nag" but do we have a final number yet, as the deadline is now passed? Just wondering, as I need to order cards from a local charity, so an approximate number would be a great help!

Thanks for organising this!!

dukedogsmom
11-06-2005, 02:39 PM
The number signed up is on the first post. I believe it's 42 unless I've made an error. I have to work today and Monday. I'll try to have the list out Wednesday.

dukedogsmom
11-07-2005, 10:24 PM
I've about gotten the list typed up while at work. However, I can't make it a file until I get home and it would be emailed Wednesday. If everyone doesn't mind it not being a file, I can email the list before I get off work in the morning.
I'm going to go ahead and send it that way. It's easier for all, I think. And, please let me know if everything is correct and anyone that doesn't get it and should, please pm me. I've tried to keep all the card ones in a different message folder.

Nomilynn
11-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks for doing this Val. I got mine no problems :)

Karen
11-09-2005, 11:07 AM
I have not gotten the email yet, just FYI.

krazyaboutkatz
11-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Val, I received my list without any problems. Thanks so much for organizing this. :D

I do have a question though. On the first page you say that we have 41 people and I only count 40 on the list. I also only received 40 including myself. Did you forget to inlcude someone or are there really on 40 people total?

dukedogsmom
11-09-2005, 05:32 PM
I just resent the list as a file to everyone separately. I hope you all recieve them this time. Don't forget to check the junk mail or spam folders. I sent one by mistake(it was a draft) before the other one. Sorry for all the problems. Also, lv4dogs wanted their pets included and I had forgotten until I came to that pm and had already sent the list. If you could please add them. Sorry for all the trouble.
dogs: Nanook, Raustyk & Kaige
cats: Meko & Tiki
I didn't have a few email addresses so I pmd those people. I hope it goes smoothly this time.

Karen
11-09-2005, 05:59 PM
I got it this time - and the second version was nicely formatted, too.

Barbara
11-10-2005, 05:30 AM
Got it again :) :) :) Thanks!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-10-2005, 06:01 AM
Got it!! THANK YOU !!!!! I can start writing the envelopes now :p

lvpets2002
11-10-2005, 07:39 AM
:) Val got my list ok && THANK YOU !!! for doing this for us.. Picking out cards now from American Humane Association to send..

lv4dogs
11-10-2005, 07:47 AM
Got my list Val! Thanks for doing such a wonderful job.

And yes I did want my pets to be addressed too! Just the main ones because I have so many!

Dogs: Nanook, Raustyk & Kaige
Cats: Meko & Tiki

OR you can just address it to Sue & the critters.

Thanks everyone!

Jadapit
11-10-2005, 10:09 AM
I got it again Val. Thanks so much! :D

BitsyNaceyDog
11-10-2005, 11:19 AM
I didn't get it. I can't seem to find it if I did get it. I checked through my junk mail and didn't see it there. I'm sorry, can you PM it to me, thanks. :o

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Val, I received it again thanks. :)

Felicia's Mom
11-10-2005, 04:01 PM
I got my list, thank you very much.

Andie
11-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Got mine. Thanks.

dukedogsmom
11-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Pnance and Savermont, I just pm'd you the list in 2 different parts. If you don't get it now, it's just not meant to be ;)

BitsyNaceyDog
11-11-2005, 07:16 AM
I still haven't gotten it. I'll PM you.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Got it!! Thanks Valerie! :)

luckies4me
11-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Any idea where you sent my list to? I don't have it as a PM or in any email. If anyone can forward me a copy to my yahoo email that would be great! [email protected]

I would sincerely appreciate it. Thanks! :D

dukedogsmom
11-13-2005, 01:28 PM
I pmd it to you. A lot of people had it go to junk mail because I sent it to the email you listed.

luckies4me
11-13-2005, 01:35 PM
I got it as a PM, thank you!!! :)

petslover
11-17-2005, 05:06 PM
You all can delete Beaker's name from the list because we no longer have him.

Thank You!!

I am getting started on my cards next week since I am off from school. I am so excited about getting started.

Andie
11-19-2005, 09:19 AM
I think I've already sent yours out :o Sorry

petslover
11-21-2005, 03:45 PM
I got my first two cards in today. How exciting? One was from Andie and the other one was from Ally Cat's Mommy!! Thank you both so much!

lvpets2002
11-22-2005, 08:18 AM
:) I got my first card this weekend from Julie Ally Cat's Mommy.. Thank you so much.. Over the Thanksgiving Holiday I will do all of my cards & mail..

dukedogsmom
11-22-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm really excited! I went to the scrapbook store today and bought my supplies. There's two different designs and color schemes. I'll get them done as fast as possible but I wanted them to be really nice. I hope they'll be worth the wait.

anna_66
11-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Oh I'm so excited! I just got done with my cards and will be sending them out soon:D
Can't wait to see all the cards we get this year!

Corinna
11-22-2005, 11:26 PM
I got mine from Baahrain today and it was my first card of the season too. Thanks Julie.Most of my cards are out just a couple left.
This is so fun I should have done this in the past.

krazyaboutkatz
11-22-2005, 11:42 PM
I just received my first card and it was also from Julie aka Ally Cat's Mommy. Thanks for the wonderful card Julie. :)

I'll be working on my cards during the long Thanksgiving Holiday weekend. I get 4 days off. I'm still working on the Christmas picture of my cats. :)

Cincy'sMom
11-23-2005, 08:10 AM
We have received two cards so far! One from Andie, and one from Ally Cat's Mommy! Thanks you both!!

I haven't decided what we are doing for cards yet!! I can't believe it is Thanksgiving this week! I better get busy!!!

lv4dogs
11-23-2005, 08:50 AM
I got 2 cards so far. Mine will be sent out next week sometime!

Andie
11-23-2005, 09:46 AM
I got mine from Ally Cat yesterday. Thanks! I can't wait for more.

sandragonfly
11-23-2005, 08:40 PM
:( :(

I know I'm too late but my question wasn't answered.. :confused:

I wish corruption of signing in & hospital stay didn't keep me from joining this swap!

a little favor? if anybody have an extra, will you send one for me?

I'll understand if I hear 'no way's.. too bad I missed this while I could have a month to do the cards.

looks like everyone is having fun, I make them everyear for my friends, since 1998. bunches of fun. oh well, maybe next year. :(

Karen
11-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Hopefully next year you'll have a healthier, less hazardous autumn, and so will be in one place long enough to participate!

sandragonfly
11-23-2005, 08:59 PM
and I have to wait for a y-e-a-r? <bawls>...who knows I'll be here next year!

well, under me, there's a big art box, plentora of crayons, papercuts, stickers, markers & hard cardpapers along with enough envelopes... something to do in bed!

guess that means I get to cuddle more with my furkids. :)

dukedogsmom
11-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Gina, I'm sorry you're missing out on this. I can send you a card. Just pm me with your info. Also, last year on another forum, we traded cards for Valentine's day which was great fun.

krazyaboutkatz
11-23-2005, 11:32 PM
I received my second card today from Andie. Thanks for the great card Andie. :D

anna_66
11-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Ohh Andie...I received your card yesterday! THANKS!!!!

sandragonfly
11-24-2005, 10:43 AM
yiipeee!! I get one card! one! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif

valentine's, I see. well, my least favorite holiday, I'd rather christmas heh. I have christmas pictures left here for the cards though.

you're the greatest, val! it means a lot to me, I have no family.

so.. do I send info you asked on first page, right?

psst, send yours too please!

Felix
11-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Gina, I'm sorry you're missing out on this. I can send you a card. Just pm me with your info. Also, last year on another forum, we traded cards for Valentine's day which was great fun.

Im also sorry your missing out :( If you want to pm me your address...I will send you a card also :D

Cheers. :)

petslover
11-24-2005, 03:43 PM
If you PM me, I'll send ya a card too. :D

sandragonfly
11-24-2005, 06:59 PM
:eek: five cards.. (two via PM)..

wow, awesomee! I didn't expected for one. :o

as for my info pass along to you, that'll have to wait until tomorrow as I'm going over to friend's for gobbles.. something to do in bed! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif

thank you all so much. :)

sandragonfly
11-25-2005, 06:25 PM
okay, just PMed back to all of you. let me know if you didn't get it!

now, off to the fun!

(((hugs)))

Corinna
11-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Mine to you is in the box on it's way to you.

krazyaboutkatz
11-25-2005, 11:36 PM
I just received 2 more cards today from Corinna and from petslover. Thanks so much for the beautiful cards. :)

Barbara
11-26-2005, 02:07 PM
Felix, your card arrived- and what a cutie picture of you :)

Felix
11-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Yay!!! Im glad you liked it. :D

gini
11-26-2005, 04:41 PM
I have received four cards so far. Julie's was the first - Corinna's and Tia's came on the same day - and Andie's arrived yesterday.

So much fun...................!!!! Thank you all.

I am working on mine! I promise!

dukedogsmom
11-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Me to, Corinna. Mine might be delayed a bit but that will just prolong the fun, right? I got quite a bit done at work and could have done more had I not run out of my adhesive. I think everyone will be pleased. I've still got to get Duke and Doogie's pic to enclose, though.

sasvermont
11-27-2005, 10:17 AM
Would someone be a dear and email a copy of the list? I have managed to delete mine. Thank you. [email protected]

Thank you, thank you.

Sallyanne

Barbara
11-27-2005, 10:45 AM
Sent it! Deleting the file? That is so not you Sallyanne :D

Kfamr
11-28-2005, 10:18 AM
I have all of my cards made, just have to address and get photos to put inside. :)

RobiLee
11-28-2005, 11:02 AM
I have received 4 cards so far. One from Tia, Julie, Corinna and Andie. Thanks you all so much.

I need to get started on mine. I'm going to do some today. :p

anna_66
11-28-2005, 06:26 PM
I've received 4 more (5 so far!)!

Petslover
corinna
felix
ally cat's mommy

They are all wonderful...Thanks:D

PS...mine are in the mail!

Cincy'sMom
11-28-2005, 07:12 PM
We got two more cards! Thank you Corinna and Petslover!!

petslover
11-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Thanks to Corinna for the card that I received today! :)

sandragonfly
11-28-2005, 10:10 PM
please everyone, who's gonna send me the card - don't forget to put down "for gina" on envelope! :D

got a few more - again, I appreciate so much..

Kfamr
11-28-2005, 11:28 PM
Cards are done and personalized.... pictures are taken.... now all I need is to get them printed and envelopes for them to fit in! :) I'm hoping by this weekend they will be sent.

Felix
11-29-2005, 10:02 AM
I recieved my second card in the mail today,it was from petslover.Such a beautiful picture.Thank-you.This is so much fun :D

Barbara
11-29-2005, 11:31 AM
Tia, your card arrived! The fun is starting!

About 35 cards are written, addressed and ready- but not all of them. Oh my it's nice work but hard work :D

pnance
11-29-2005, 02:39 PM
I've gotten 4 so far....Ally Cats mommy, Andie, Corinna, and Tia. Thanks the cards are great, I actually look forward to getting the mail now! :D I'm still working on mine, but hopefully this weekend I'll get a bunch done. Gina if you want to pm me your info I'd be glad to add you to my list.

Andie
11-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Has anyone else gotten Richard's card back. Mine to him returned yesterday and I just checked my list, I have the right address. Apparently Missouri doesn't want you to have your card Richard. I'll send another out hopefully it will get there.

lvpets2002
11-30-2005, 01:32 PM
:) I got all of the Christmas Card List done & mailed Monday 11/28/05 == So all should be arriving to your locations soon..

petslover
11-30-2005, 01:48 PM
I recieve Anna's today. I really liked the picture inside of the card. Too cute!
Thank you!

dukedogsmom
11-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Has anyone else gotten Richard's card back. Mine to him returned yesterday and I just checked my list, I have the right address. Apparently Missouri doesn't want you to have your card Richard. I'll send another out hopefully it will get there.
He lives in California. I don't think I made an error.

sandragonfly
11-30-2005, 09:14 PM
pnance, just PMed you and the others who PMed me, you should be getting it too.

I'm so thankful for you people! ((:)))

krazyaboutkatz
11-30-2005, 11:51 PM
I just received a card from lvpets2002 today. Thanks so much for the beautiful card and the nice little surprise for my cats too. I sure wasn't expecting this. :)

I'm still working on my cards and will hopefully have all of them finished and mailed out by this Monday. ;)

sandragonfly
12-01-2005, 12:57 AM
:eek: hum.. some of you open the cards already? I dunno if I wanna to wait until christmas.. :cool: I'll have to wait anyway. :o

any of you too?

and my cards.. like I said I didn't expect for one...now I'll have to order more prints! :rolleyes: :D so far, I've made 11 (5 without pictures), hey that's not so bad! :)

looooooking furrrrward.. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif

Felicia's Mom
12-01-2005, 09:15 AM
The cards I have recieved so far are from; Petslover, Andie, Ally Cat Mommy, and Corinna. Thank you very much.

Andie
12-01-2005, 09:45 AM
He lives in California. I don't think I made an error.

Yeah I know I was trying to be funny. I'm in Missouri.

petslover
12-01-2005, 02:19 PM
My card for Richard came back too. I wonder why.

Kfamr
12-01-2005, 02:25 PM
I believe the city is spelt wrong. I just did a yahoo map search and there's no such thing as the city listed in the Card List.

I'm not sure if Richard wants his city posted, but instead of a "OU", I believe it's supposed to be "OI".

*edit* I just looked on the PT'ers map...
Yes, that's exactly it. It must have been a typo. The city is Pacoima, not Pacouma. :)

Corinna
12-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Thats odd they should be using the zip code.
There are 3 zip codes for his area. But that is the right one Had it from before.Also the street numbers are mixed up switch the 2&6 around. I mailed him a package last summer and it got there ok .
I have gotten all my cards out since they were post cards if in the next week you Usa folks haven't got it please let me know. Overseas give it until the 10th of Dec.

krazyaboutkatz
12-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Yes, Corinna is right. I have his address from last year and it was correct. Some how this years got a little mixed up. :) I haven't sent out any cards just yet. Being a little bit later is sometimes better because then if there are wrong addresses, I know it ahead of time. ;)

I received another beautiful card today from Anna_66. Thanks Anna. :)

sandragonfly
12-02-2005, 04:37 AM
from tia (petslover) ...for me! :D

I haven't opened it yet.. as someone is holding the cards for me until I know my new address. :)

thank you!

dukedogsmom
12-02-2005, 06:30 AM
I'm sorry I messed up. I know you're not mad at me but I'm mad at myself. I hope Richard gets his cards alright.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-02-2005, 09:46 AM
OK, so I'm clear on the Richard thing (can anyone be clear on Richard? ;) ), it's "oi" not "ou" and the six is in front of the 2 as in "62" not "26", right?

I bought my cards last night so I'm really on a roll now. :rolleyes: [i]Hopefully[/b] this weekend I can get the picture taken, the cards addressed and mostly sent out.....hopefully that is. ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-02-2005, 10:53 AM
[color=purple]yiipeee!! I get one card! one!

No no Gina, my card is on the way too ;) :D

I got 4 cards so far: Tia, Barbara, Julie and Felix
Thank you!!

Corinna
12-02-2005, 12:51 PM
I just got back from the po box 2 more total of 5 Anna66 I love the way you did the pic of the kids I never thought of that. and lvpets 2002 great card.
They made the trip in the 13 degree weather worth it.

sandragonfly
12-02-2005, 01:38 PM
haha lut, that was when only petslover would send me a card. I know yours including the other ten! :o :cool:

pnance
12-02-2005, 08:12 PM
I just got Anna's card, love the pic.. :D Thanks Anna

krazyaboutkatz
12-03-2005, 01:09 AM
I received another card today from Sasvermont. Thanks for the beautiful card. :)

RobiLee
12-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Do we have an exact address for Richard? My cards are ready to go and I just wanted to make sure that I have his address right. Could someone pm me and let me know. Thanks!

petslover
12-03-2005, 06:40 PM
I received another card from Sasvermont. Thank you so much! The card was lovely.

anna_66
12-04-2005, 08:56 AM
I received 2 more:

Lvpets2002
and
Sasvermont

Thanks so much, I love them:D

Barbara
12-04-2005, 01:42 PM
LVpets2002' card arrived :)
Saturday they did not bring any mail as we had that icy rain- lots of accidents and no mail! I hope there are more tomorrow :D

lv4dogs
12-05-2005, 08:11 AM
I am just about done. I mailed out most of the cards this morning. I have about 6 more to write tonight (would fo done them today at work but I forgot my marker) and have to go to the PO to mail the ones that are going out of the country and am waiting on Richards correct addy.

Does anyone know what Richards correct addy is for sure? I think I got it right from reading what yous have posted but I wanted to make sure. Can someone post it here or pm me please?

dukedogsmom
12-05-2005, 08:19 AM
Just switch the 6 and 2 around.

Felix
12-05-2005, 08:32 AM
YAY!! I got two more cards today :D

Lvpets2002
Anna_66

Thanks so much,thay are beautiful :D

lv4dogs
12-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Just switch the 6 and 2 around.

What about all the talk about switching the "ou" to "oi"?

krazyaboutkatz
12-05-2005, 02:11 PM
I finished all of the cards on the list last night and I mailed them this morning. :) Now I just need to finish some other ones for family, friends, and a few other Pet Talkers. :)

Yes, you also need to switch the "ou" to "oi" for Richards address. :)

petslover
12-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Has everyone received a Christmas card from me?

If not please let me know because I think all of mine should have gotten to their destination.

Thanks! :)

lv4dogs
12-05-2005, 03:40 PM
I finished all of the cards on the list last night and I mailed them this morning. :) Now I just need to finish some other ones for family, friends, and a few other Pet Talkers. :)

Yes, you also need to switch the "ou" to "oi" for Richards address. :)

Darn it I was told only the numbers had to be switched. I already mailed it out. Maybe they will over look that.

lv4dogs
12-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Has everyone received a Christmas card from me?

If not please let me know because I think all of mine should have gotten to their destination.

Thanks! :)
I have but you already know that. lol

I've gotten a few so far... but I am bad with names so I don't remember them all. I know I got yours, Annas, Andrea's and about 3 or so more.

RICHARD
12-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Do we have an exact address for Richard? My cards are ready to go and I just wanted to make sure that I have his address right. Could someone pm me and let me know. Thanks!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL,

Even when I behave I am a problem.

The spelling doesn't count as much as the number!

It's 10264..

thanks for noticing=

And It's the Land of the Easily Amused.

dukedogsmom
12-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Richard, I swear I don't have it out for you.

krazyaboutkatz
12-05-2005, 07:57 PM
I just received another card today from Felicia's Mom. Thanks for the beautiful card. :)

RICHARD
12-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Richard, I swear I don't have it out for you.
Hey, no swearing on the thread! :eek: ;)

Felix
12-07-2005, 08:13 AM
I recieved another two cards in the mail yesterday...

1.Glacier
2.Corinna

Thanks so very much they are beautiful :D I soo glad I signed up for this. :D

petslover
12-07-2005, 01:54 PM
I got another card from Felicia's Mom today. Thank you so much!

anna_66
12-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Got 3 more:D
Thanks to:

K9karen
Felicia's Mom
MommyOf3cats

krazyaboutkatz
12-09-2005, 12:38 AM
I received 6 more cards today. :D Thanks for the beautiful cards k9karen, Maya & Inka's Mommy, Felix, MommyOf3cats, Jadapit, and Lv4dogs. :D

lv4dogs
12-09-2005, 12:35 PM
I just got 4 more in tha mail yesterday but I lfet my list at home again. I can't remember all the names sorry. So far I have about 10-12 cards!

pnance
12-09-2005, 12:58 PM
:D I got 3 more!! Thanks Jadapit, Maya and Inka's mommy, and K9Karen I love the cards and pics.

anna_66
12-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Four more for me today:D

Thank you to:

Lv4dogs
Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Krazyaboutkatz
Jadapit

Donna, Bon really liked your card:D He was taking great big sniffs of it, then opened his mouth...like he thought I was going to give it to him or something :rolleyes: :p

Jadapit
12-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Four more for me today:D

Thank you to:

Lv4dogs
Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Krazyaboutkatz
Jadapit

Donna, Bon really liked your card:D He was taking great big sniffs of it, then opened his mouth...like he thought I was going to give it to him or something :rolleyes: :p

Omg, thats too funny! Maybe he could smell the girls on the card. :p

dukedogsmom
12-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks for all the pretty cards! I'm sorry I haven't been saying who's I've gotten. I've been swamped. Jadapit, guess I'm missing quite a few brain cells since I asked you for your address. Maybe I'll recover them after the Christmas rush. I have had to buy for a Secret Santa gift on another board and just got that shipped today. I've still got to buy for a woman at work and not forget to bring wings for our Christmas party that isn't at work. Anyway, I really enjoy getting the cards. They have been so cute and I love all the pics. If we can ever get our tree set up, I'll get Duke and Doogie in front of it. I've spent so much money making the cards that I can't enclose pics. I will be able to email them if anyone wants one later on.

krazyaboutkatz
12-09-2005, 11:41 PM
I received another card today from Tubby & Peanuts Mom. Thanks for the cute card Debbie. :)

finn's mom
12-09-2005, 11:47 PM
I've gotten several! I need to sit down with them and post whose I've received...I didn't even realize we were putting who we'd gotten them from. Hee hee. I'm still making mine! :o But, they'll each be different, even if they're not all awesome. I hope you guys like them, though. :)

Russian Blue
12-10-2005, 01:05 PM
I've gotten several! I need to sit down with them and post whose I've received...I didn't even realize we were putting who we'd gotten them from. Hee hee. I'm still making mine! :o

Same here! Thank you everyone for all the cards, it's such a surprise to come home to all the mail. I love it! :D

I placed my card order but have not received them yet from the store. :rolleyes: As soon as I receive them I'll be sending them out.

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2005, 12:22 AM
I received another card yesterday from Noah's Mommy. Thanks for the cute card Kelly. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2005, 10:46 AM
I received another card today from Tubby & Peanuts Mom. Thanks for the cute card Debbie. :)

Whew! Glad they're making it! The overseas/Canadian cards will be going out tomorrow. I was on a stamping spree and put 37cent stamps on ALL cards, then remembered these need more postage. :rolleyes: Good thing I remembered before I sent them out though!

Also, I wanted to apologize for no picture of the snots this year. It was relatively easy in the past because Tubby was more than happy to sit still while we tried to get Peanut to sit long enough for the camera. Now, however, it's impossible to get BOTH of them to sit still, so I just couldn't get a decent picture of the two of them together. :rolleyes: I'm also not good enough with photo editing to "create" a picture with the two of them. Sorry!

Felix
12-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Two more cards in the mail today :D Love the pictures.

Thanks to:

krazzyaboutkatz

&

Maya,Inka & zazou

Corinna
12-12-2005, 01:58 PM
I got 3 more to day that makes 16 so far.
I have sent all of mine just wondering if they are getting there (mostluy the out of country ones ) could you all jus Pm a I got it so I know. Post cards seem to get misplaced the most in The PO . I spent al lonfg time figuring out all the process of doing them . Don't want any one to feel I forgot them.

Jadapit
12-12-2005, 02:01 PM
I got 3 more to day that makes 16 so far.
I have sent all of mine just wondering if they are getting there (mostluy the out of country ones ) could you all jus Pm a I got it so I know. Post cards seem to get misplaced the most in The PO . I spent al lonfg time figuring out all the process of doing them . Don't want any one to feel I forgot them.

I got mine! Thank you so much Corinna. I have recived quite a few cards. I need to sit down and post the ones I have gotten. All the cards are beautiful. This swap has been a lot of fun. I loved the stamp from Belguim. :)

anna_66
12-12-2005, 08:45 PM
2 more today:D 16 in total

Maya and Inka's mommy
Jazzcat

Love the cards! I'm so glad we do this swap every year!!

PS Richard, I just got your card back in the mail...I'll resend it tomorrow!

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2005, 12:10 AM
I received one from Jazzcat. Thanks for the cute card Lori. :D

K9karen
12-13-2005, 01:02 AM
I just want to say Thank You with all my heart for all the lovely cards (and confetti!) that I've received. I can't express how warm and cozy and happy they're making me. Not to sound blue but although it's still early, I've only gotten 1 card from a relative this year (I sent them all my card and a note) since my mother died. it's like I fell off the freakin face of the earth. So you guys mean so much to me. Like they say, you can chose your friends, but you can't chose your family.

Felix
12-13-2005, 11:16 AM
:D I got more cards today from:

1.MommyOf3cats
2.Jadapit
3.Jazzcat

They are all beautiful.Thanks so very much.

Thats a total of 12 for me so far. :D Its so exciting going to the mailbox and getting cards from all over.Its a great feeling.

Nomilynn
12-13-2005, 12:58 PM
My cards are going in the mail today so watch for them! :D

I've recieved many gorgeous cards.. I will take a tally tonight :)

Corinna
12-13-2005, 01:36 PM
I got one from Nebo and siblings today . Tally now 17 and only 4 from non-pet talkers.

kimboe
12-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Oooo...I hope someone will take a picture of all the pretty cards!

krazyaboutkatz
12-14-2005, 12:59 AM
I received another card tonight from Wolf_Q. Thanks for the beautiful photo card Amy. :D I'm not sure how many PT cards I've received but it's at least 14-16 or so. I've only received 3 from non Pet Talk people so far.

Felix
12-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Three more in the mailbox this morning :D :D Thanks to...

Lv4dogs
K9karen
Noahs Mommy

Beautiful cards...I love them all :D

Kfamr
12-15-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm bad and need to get a list of those I recieved.

Mine were sent out a few days ago so be on the lookout. :)

Barbara
12-15-2005, 03:31 PM
I get daily cards now- and I am as bad as Kay- just can't do a follow-up. But I am so happy with every card that comes :D :D :D Actually it's the best moment of the day when I come home (10.00 P.M. today) and see them waiting for me.

My cards have been sent from the US- so they should arrive soon.

dukedogsmom
12-15-2005, 04:52 PM
I got 15 mailed today and hopefully the rest will go out by Monday. I hope you like them! I've loved all the ones I've received so far. What fun!

Russian Blue
12-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Same here! Thank you everyone for all the cards, it's such a surprise to come home to all the mail. I love it! :D

I placed my card order but have not received them yet from the store. :rolleyes: As soon as I receive them I'll be sending them out.

I just received my card order. It's really weird but the picture I used for the cards looked perfect on the computer screen but it didn't turn out well through the store processing at all. I even tried printing it on my printer and it also turned out well. :confused:

I'll be sending out the cards by tomorrow evening. A little late but the thought is still there. ;)

pnance
12-16-2005, 09:43 AM
I'm a little (ok lot) :rolleyes: behind, but I've finally gotten all my cards made and addressed, now I just have to make it to the post office. They should go out either today or tomorrow.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-16-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm enjoying all the cards so much, thank you all.
My cards were all sent out this past monday, so you all should be getting them soon.

Corinna
12-17-2005, 02:11 PM
I got a Muttley card today. Makes 18

krazyaboutkatz
12-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Yesterday I received cards from Robilee, Neko1, and Kfamr. Thanks for the wonderful cards and pictures. :D
Today I received a card from KBlaix. Thanks for the beautiful picture card. :D

I'm enjoying all of my cards. Thanks everyone. :D

Cincy'sMom
12-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I am so far behind in thanking everyone for the great cards!! We have received many and they are all wonderful!! i will try to get a list together to be sure I thank everyone.
I finallypicked up my cards Friday,all the envelopes are addressed, and now I am signing them. Hopefully they will be in the mail this week, although I'm sure those overseas won't make it until after the holidays...sorry for that!!

gini
12-19-2005, 02:01 AM
While you are all sleeping on the east coast, I finally finished my Christmas cards. It is almost midnight here and I am tired, and I realized that in writing Emma's name - I was starting to put too many "m's" in her name, so forgive me.

Sorry there are no pictures this year, but when my water heater blew up, dealing with that and all of the repairs and clean up distracted me from taking the time to take some pictures.

The cards that I have received are all wonderful and thank you all!

After Christmas and the craziness is behind me, I want to sit down and look at each one again, slowly and carefully.

But it sure is fun getting the cards.

lbaker
12-19-2005, 07:33 AM
I too am getting a late start (surprise, surprise :rolleyes: ) but have managed to get at least the first half out on Saturday. I'll try to finish up this evening. When I bought extra stamps at the Post Office machine it gave me change in Susan B Anthony and Sakajawia (sp?) coins! That's fun! Thanks everyone for the cards, I can't wait for the mail person these days. So much more fun then the usual bills ;)

Felix
12-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Yay! Two more cards today,18 total so far :D

Thanks to:

Nomilynn & Neko1

Such beautiful cards.

lv4dogs
12-19-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm bad, I keep forgetting my list of who I received cards from. And I keep forgetting to take a picture of my card wall too. I will do that this week sometime, I hope the pics come out ok, my camera hates taking pictures when the sun isn't out (yes even in my house w/ bright lighting) and I'll only be home when its dark out. :p

Edited to add that I have at least 25 or so cards from pt'ers so far. I love them all!

pnance
12-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the great cards everyone! :D Since I've been really bad about updating who've I've gotten cards from, I made a list, but keep leaving it at home. Hopefully this week I'll actually remember it. ;)

All my cards went out Friday so they should be showing up sometime this week. If you don't get one let me know and I'll be happy to resend.

neko1
12-19-2005, 12:11 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone who I've received cards from so far, they are all lovely. I have all of them hanging up in my cubicle at work-I get comments about them all the time!

They are the one thing that when I am down, I can look at and remember that I do have friends. This season is especially hard for me as I will be spending my first Christmas alone. But I can always count on PT'ers for support, love, and friendship.

Thank you all.

Corinna
12-19-2005, 12:17 PM
I hit the jack pot to day 5 cards and my ( first mailed) from over seas Thanks Captain. I have mixed feelingas about listing whom I have receved from it could embarrass the ones not sending out after signing up but Then I would like to know if my cards got there. I did mail out to every one, I made a post card so who knows if po got it all there. Please if you didn't receive one PM me the out of country should be there by now.

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-19-2005, 12:53 PM
I received my first 5 "official" Card Swop cards today (I had received one from another PT member outside the Swap).

Thanks to:
Anna_66
Andie
Felix
Petslover
Sasvermont

(Mine take AGES to get here, as they are received by my courier company in NY and then rerouted to me in Bahrain)!!

This is SOOOO exciting - I love receiving more cards than all my friends, and am displaying them all in my entrance hall to show off!!!

Corinna
12-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Here's my list I will up date it here as they come in. We all here want to say thanks for the lovely pics and cards. What happened I had colums and they squished to geather. 12-20 2 more 12-27 Cincy's mom, Russian Blue, cataholic, Glacier, The Mayer and family Karen, Gina's ark12-28 Richard 1/7 felix

Kfamr , Ally cat's mommy ,Barabra,
Pnance , K9Karen , Nomilynn
Jazzcat , Lvpets2002, lbaker
Tubby and Peanuts Mom(cj too) , PetsloverDukesmom
Robilee , Krazyaboutkats,Phred andthe furkids
Noah's mommy, Maya & Inka's mommy
Captain , Felicia's Mom
KBlinx , Anna_66
Mommyof3cats , Wolf_Q
Jadpit , Lv4dogs
Sasvermont , Neko1
Gini , Andie