PDA

View Full Version : Book of the Month Club Members and "Rules"

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Pet Talk Book of the Month Club

All right, everyone. The way we're going to choose the books is alphabetically by username. The way the names are listed in the original thread will be the way we choose the books. I'll continue to alphabetically add usernames until October 25th. That will be the day we'll aim for as far as choosing the November book, also. I figure we can aim for having seven days to find/buy/check out the next month's book.

After the 25th of October, people can still join, of course. But, I'll just put their name at the end of the alphabetical list. I hope that's an all right course of action for everyone involved. Then, I'll just add people as they join that way.

If you decide you don't want to participate for that particular month, that's all right. Just let me know, and, I'll remove your name from the list, and, if you decide to rejoin, you can be added, but, not alphabetically again. You'll get added to the end of the list, like a newcomer. Does that sound cool?

And, one more thing that's come to mind, if you don't want to be the one to choose the book (as Judy put it, OH, the pressure! :)), just let me know, and, I'll put an asterisk (*) by your name. And, by the time it gets to your name, I'll ask again just to make sure you don't want to do it, and, if you don't, we'll just go to the next username.

If anyone can think of any other rules or anything, or has any questions, please don't hesitate to pm me. I think this is going to be the most fun!

And, just fyi, I asked Judy to choose the first book of the month, basically because of her enthusiasm and she was already tossing out authors before we could say "bob's your uncle." i hope no one is upset by that, and, from November on, we'll go strictly by username, and, past October 25th, we'll add new members on a first come first served basis.

And, by popular vote, we will break the book into chapters and discuss weekly. I will figure out the schedule of reading the chapters and discussing them when I get each new book and will post it in this thread (with a link as well, if it's posted in another thread). We will discuss particular chapters each week, though. I know for some, this isn't the preferred way, and, I hope that you're still able to participate and enjoy the club. Yeah, for a lot of us, we'll have to slow down! ;) The last day to read will be seven days before the first of the next month. We're hoping that we can get the title for the next month's book by the middle of the month. If the person next on the list cannot or doesn't choose the book on time, their name will be removed alphabetically and placed at the end of the list, and either the next person on the list will choose it or I will choose the book. We must have the new one for the month chosen - at the very latest - by the last week of the month, though. You may, of course, tell me as early as six months in advance what book you want when it's your turn. As soon as I get the "go ahead" from the chooser, I will post the book for all to see, starting October 25th. By then, I'll be able to post by each username in the members list, which month they'll be responsible for choosing the book. Keep in mind, though, that due to the possibility of people backing out, that may change frequently.

Audio books/books on tape are permitted. :)

I'm learning as I go, and, I will stumble and fall flat on my face, it's the only thing I can guarantee. Oh, and, as long as we all keep it in mind that this is for F.U.N., the only other thing I can promise is that we will have a good time. We'll read books we wouldn't normally read, and, we'll talk with other Pet Talkers that we may not normally talk to. So, try to keep this positive, because that's what it's meant to be.

Members

Almita ♥
binka_nugget
CagneyDog*
CamCamPup33
caseysmom
Cincy'sMom
Corinna
finn's mom
gemini9961
ILoveMyAbbyGirl
Jadapit
k9krazee*
Karen
kimboe
lady_zana
Logan
lvpets2002
mina'smomma
NoahsMommy
Nomilynn
Oggyflute
RobiLee
shutterbug0303
slleipnir*
tatsxxx11
MariaM
.powerful
Cubby'sMom

♥ has chosen a book
* will not choose a book

October

Light on Snow by Anita Shreve (Judy aka shutterbug0303)

schedule (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=90293)

discussion (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1302135#post1302135)

December

The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares (Almita)

schedule (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1295307#post1295307)

shutterbug0303
10-07-2005, 01:41 PM
And, just fyi, I asked Judy to choose the first book of the month, basically because of her enthusiasm and she was already tossing out authors before we could say "bob's your uncle." i hope no one is upset by that, and, from November on, we'll go strictly by username, and, past October 25th, we'll add new members on a first come first served basis.

:p :p :p "bob's your uncle" hehehehe

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 01:47 PM
:p :p :p "bob's your uncle" hehehehe

You like that, huh? :D

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey, I'm sorry that I don't know everyone's real names, but, I'd like to! So, please either publicly or privately tell me your names, so, that I can put them beside your username on my list. I won't publicly put everyone's names, just in case anyone has an issue with that. But, I'd like to know them for my own sake. :) Thanks ahead of time!

DJFyrewolf36
10-07-2005, 03:36 PM
My name is Kristina, just to let you know ;)

Also, I am looking forward to this! This will get me into reading things I usually don't :D

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 03:39 PM
My name is Kristina, just to let you know ;)

Also, I am looking forward to this! This will get me into reading things I usually don't :D

Exactly, that's the whole idea! Expansion of the mind! :) I'm so excited!

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 04:28 PM
bump

lady_zana
10-07-2005, 04:29 PM
I bet you can't guess what my real name is!
It's Zana! (hehehe!!! ;) )

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 04:30 PM
I bet you can't guess what my real name is!
It's Zana! (hehehe!!! ;) )

Cool! I have updated my list. :)

caseysmom
10-07-2005, 04:36 PM
So do we start talking about the book next week? Do we speak in vague terms??????

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 04:37 PM
So do we start talking about the book next week? Do we speak in vague terms??????

The book will be open for discussion on the 25th. That's the deadline for finishing the book. If you want to have private discussions with a fellow Pet Talk reader who has also finished the book, that's fine! :)

caseysmom
10-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Okay thanks...I think I missed that part from before.

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Okay thanks...I think I missed that part from before.

Hey, not a problem. I'm so new to this, I've had to edit the structure a few times. It's the last paragraph in the first post on this thread. If you have any suggestions, let me know. I just want it to run as smoothly as possible. :) I'm glad you're participating! What's your real life name, anyway? I'm embarrassed that I don't know...

RobiLee
10-07-2005, 04:53 PM
I think I would like to participate also. I love to read but just haven't made the time for it. Maybe this will be the boost I need. I'm not for sure how good I will be about participating in the discussions though. I've never done that before.

I'll check at the library tomorrow to see if the first book is in. :)

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 04:56 PM
I think I would like to participate also. I love to read but just haven't made the time for it. Maybe this will be the boost I need. I'm not for sure how good I will be about participating in the discussions though. I've never done that before.

I'll check at the library tomorrow to see if the first book is in. :)

You sound like me! This is why I even suggested the club, I need to get motivated! And, I've never participated in a club like this where you discuss stuff, either. I have no idea how vocal I'll be, or how intelligent my posts will be...but, at the very least, we can at least all say "yes, we liked it" or "no, we didn't."...:)

caseysmom
10-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey, not a problem. I'm so new to this, I've had to edit the structure a few times. It's the last paragraph in the first post on this thread. If you have any suggestions, let me know. I just want it to run as smoothly as possible. :) I'm glad you're participating! What's your real life name, anyway? I'm embarrassed that I don't know...

My real name is shelley...

dukedogsmom
10-07-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm just not a big reader and I won't participate. I don't read fast enough. But, it sounds like great fun! I'll enjoy reading the discussions, though.

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm just not a big reader and I won't participate. I don't read fast enough. But, it sounds like great fun! I'll enjoy reading the discussions, though.

Well, if you wanted to participate, you could always get the book on tape or cd. ;)

Jadapit
10-07-2005, 05:34 PM
My real name is Donna... :p

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 05:35 PM
My real name is Donna... :p

I knew yours already. ;)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-07-2005, 05:46 PM
I would also like to join. Sounds like a lot of fun! :D

Has the book already been chosen?

shutterbug0303
10-07-2005, 05:49 PM
I would also like to join. Sounds like a lot of fun! :D

Has the book already been chosen?

:) See here Megan:

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=90293

and welcome to the "club" ;)

slleipnir
10-07-2005, 10:30 PM
I wonder if Karen could make the "Book of the Month" one a sticky?? I don't know if that's a good idea..but that way we don't have to go digging around to see what book it's on, or comments about the book...or however it works??

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 11:40 PM
I wonder if Karen could make the "Book of the Month" one a sticky?? I don't know if that's a good idea..but that way we don't have to go digging around to see what book it's on, or comments about the book...or however it works??

I'm not sure if it would be worth making it a sticky, but, I'll ask Karen tomorrow...

Karen
10-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Do folks want to, I dunno, say "don't discuss anything after chapter 3 (or whatever) at the end of week one - a target number of chapters per week, so people like me don't zip through it and somehow accidently post something that ruins it for everyone?

Which thread should I "stickify" - this one, or the old one?

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 11:49 PM
Do folks want to, I dunno, say "don't discuss anything after chapter 3 (or whatever) at the end of week one - a target number of chapters per week, so people like me don't zip through it and somehow accidently post something that ruins it for everyone?

Which thread should I "stickify" - this one, or the old one?

I have no idea, actually. I guess this one? And, I'll just be sure to update it with the book of the month. I'll be keeping a thread just for the announcement of the book of the month, too, like I did with the October book, and, I'll just put a post in this thread, too. And, as for the discussion part, I wasn't thinking of breaking it into sections or anything, just reading the book and discussing it at the end of the month...but, I may be outnumbered on that thought. I'm up for suggestions, for sure.

finn's mom
10-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Light on Snow by Anita Shreve
chosen by Judy (shutterbug0303)

finn's mom
10-08-2005, 05:08 PM
bump

slleipnir
10-09-2005, 12:21 AM
I was thinking one thread for everything...like, discussions..new books...etc...I find it hard finding these for some reason....I guess I'm the only one who feels this way so never mind haha. I'm just being weird... :X

finn's mom
10-09-2005, 09:05 AM
I was thinking one thread for everything...like, discussions..new books...etc...I find it hard finding these for some reason....I guess I'm the only one who feels this way so never mind haha. I'm just being weird... :X

Well, how I am doing it, if it's all right with everyone...is having this as the main thread. And, having a thread for the October book, discussion and all. But, we could do everything in this thread and close the other ones, if that would work better. I'll post the chosen book (and the link if there is one) in the first post on this thread, either way.

RobiLee
10-09-2005, 09:47 AM
You aren't the only one, Audrey. I was also thinking that there were too many threads for this and wasn't for sure which one to respond in. Its all new though and I'm sure Kari will get all the kinks figured out.

I went to the library and our two tiny bookstores and couldn't find the book anywhere. We are in desperate need of a decent book store. Oh how I would love to have a Barnes and Noble here. I have the book on reserve at the library so hopefully I will get it soon. I can't wait to start reading it!! :D

finn's mom
10-09-2005, 09:53 AM
You aren't the only one, Audrey. I was also thinking that there were too many threads for this and wasn't for sure which one to respond in. Its all new though and I'm sure Kari will get all the kinks figured out. :D

Yeah, I'm working on it. ;) But, as far as all the threads, I condensed everything into the sticky thread. There's the thread that I initially asked the question about the book club, which is basically just a regular thread, now. I was thinking I should have it closed, anyway. I wanted the poll opened to get ideas about the structure for this month, and, that will hopefully be closed soon. So, I guess we shouldn't have a thread for each particular book at all? We should put the book and discussion of it in this thread? Is that what you guys would prefer? I thought it would be good to have the main thread with the members and rules (with updated links to the monthly book thread) and then have a thread for each book/month. But, we can put everything in here if that's what y'all would prefer. And, I'll ask Karen to close the October book thread as well.

CagneyDog
10-09-2005, 05:22 PM
No, I think we need a seperate thread for the discussion! It would be way to confusing if it was all crammed in this one :eek:

Are we doing discussions eat week this month? When will our first discussion be?

finn's mom
10-09-2005, 09:33 PM
No, I think we need a seperate thread for the discussion! It would be way to confusing if it was all crammed in this one :eek:

Are we doing discussions eat week this month? When will our first discussion be?

I thought it would be kind of crammed and weird if all the discussions were in one thread, too...but, I think basically it was just the threads I had opened to begin with, which if they aren't closed yet...will be soon. :) At least the one where I first posed the question. And, I think starting next month, we'll do weekly discussions. I keep going back and forth for this month and getting really split opinions on how we should do October. But, I know some haven't even gotten their book, yet, so, I kinda want to go with what Karen suggested, and, just sorta let this month be more freeform, as we all knew it would probably be a little screwy. Next month we can really get this right, but, I'm trying not to feel badly that this month is so ludacrous. :) I hope you guys aren't totally tired of all the back and forth yet, as it's just for fun anyway...I will let y'all know more for sure tomorrow, when I get the chance to talk to a couple of people a little bit more about it. Thanks for being so patient with the new book club. And, me. :)

CagneyDog
10-09-2005, 10:07 PM
I though the poll had already decided that we were doing it week by week?

This is getting much more confusing than it should be :p

finn's mom
10-09-2005, 10:45 PM
I though the poll had already decided that we were doing it week by week?

This is getting much more confusing than it should be :p

Tell me about it. I'm getting a lot of differing opinions about it, and, they are not matching up at all with what the poll said. Like I said, I'm thinking about it. It just may not be feasible to do it week to week this month, as some people haven't even gotten the book yet. And, while I know I can't do this based on people's schedules, I am realizing that there just may not be much structure this month. It's nothing to fret over, next month will be fine and dandy. But, this month is bound to be screwy. Karen and I talked about it some today, and, I'm just trying to decide what the best way to muddle through this month would be. She had a lot of valid points, as far as this month goes...and, I've even told Almita (who's choosing the book for November) that we may need to get the new book chosen by about the fifteenth of this month...so that people will have plenty of time to get the book. Anyway, I'm going to bed! This will all work out, there's no need for you to be confused. This month is just totally haywire, no biggie. :p We all just got so stoked about it, and, it just may not work out to do week to week this month. It hasn't been decided yet, though, for sure. Anywho...til tomorrow!

dukedogsmom
10-09-2005, 11:00 PM
I know I shouldn't say anything since I'm not even participating but if I were, I would like to read one week and then have a week or maybe less, depending on the discussion, of how everyone was enjoying the book. Sorry for giving you another option. But, then I guess it couldn't be called book of the month. You can't please everyone so you're just going to have to go with what you think is best. The most important thing is to have fun!

finn's mom
10-10-2005, 03:09 AM
The most important thing is to have fun!

Exactly, I hope we can keep that in mind. I don't want this to turn ugly, just because this month is screwy. It's not indicative of the book club, that's for sure. We're going to do things very differently for November and the rest of the months. It's just with this one, I'm almost tempted to go with what Karen and I talked about...just kinda going with it this month, talking about the book at the end of the month, and, starting fresh and with structure next month. Hopefully, we'll have the book for November chosen by mid month, and, we won't run into the problem of folks not even having the book. I know the polls say that more folks would rather do the weekly discussion, but, most of the reasons I got were against that...I just kinda wonder how many people not participating voted on it? Anyway...we'll get it figured out, I'm not worried about it. ;) I wish you'd join and get the book on tape, though! ;) Maybe next month...! Ok, now, I'm really going back to sleep...

elizabethann
10-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Please remove me from this months book. The book is taken out of the library and there is a waiting list (I would be number 2). But even at #2, I wouldn't be able to read it in time.

Thank you.

elizabeth

aka elizabethann

Logan
10-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Kari, I think this is a wonderful idea! Will you "add" me, please? I've got a $25 gift certificate to Books A Million in my wallet and the day off, so I think I'll go get that book right away. I read and cried through "The Pilot's Wife", so I'm sure this one will be good too.

Thanks for doing this!

Logan

DJFyrewolf36
10-10-2005, 12:13 PM
May I make a suggestion?

Have a Discussion thread for each month, and start it whenever and allow people to participate at thier leasure. Post the book at the begining of the discussion thread as well as in this one so it's easy to find. Also put a link to the current months discussion on this thread.

That way the discussions are seperate, but easy to find because they're linked on this sticky thread. Plus if anyone wants to re-read the discussions on any particular month, they can.

Just something I thought would help. :). And you don't need to apologise for this month being screwy...you're doing so much already! Just orginizing this is an acomplishment.

CagneyDog
10-10-2005, 12:41 PM
So has the final decision been made to do the discussion at the end of this month? :)

finn's mom
10-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Please remove me from this months book. The book is taken out of the library and there is a waiting list (I would be number 2). But even at #2, I wouldn't be able to read it in time.

Thank you.

elizabeth

aka elizabethann

Oh, I'm so sorry! :( That stinks...I hope you'll be able to participate for November, though...Keep an eye on this thread, as we hope to have November's book chosen by the fifteenth!

finn's mom
10-10-2005, 12:59 PM
May I make a suggestion?

Have a Discussion thread for each month, and start it whenever and allow people to participate at thier leasure. Post the book at the begining of the discussion thread as well as in this one so it's easy to find. Also put a link to the current months discussion on this thread.

Well, most of that, I'd already kinda thought about. ;) And, of course you may make a suggestion, I need the help! Isn't it obvious? But, yeah, I was thinking it would be best to have each month the way we did October, at least as far as keeping a separate thread for the book and it's discussion. If you'll notice, I did that for October. :) Whew, I did something right (I hope!)! But, as far as discussing at your leisure, I don't know about that, because I don't want to spoil it for anyone...I mean, it's one thing if you don't finish either the chapters in time or the book in time...but, if someone skates through it one night and puts all their thoughts in the thread the day the thread is posted, that would be disappointing to others. I think for October, we may just have to sortof go with it. It will be a bit screwy, and, may be annoying. But, for next month and the following months, we'll just have a structure of reading certain chapters and opening the discussion for those particular chapters on a certain day. But, I totally agree with you on having a separate thread for each book and it's discussions and having a link there to this thread and a link here to that thread. Ha ha, did that all make sense?!

finn's mom
10-10-2005, 01:03 PM
So has the final decision been made to do the discussion at the end of this month? :)

Yeah, I think that would be best. I'm so sorry I've been going back and forth with October. I hope y'all will continue to be patient and let me know how you feel about all this. I know I can't please everyone, but, it's important to me to hear different points of view. That's why, even though I had the poll up, the reasons I was getting from different people were mostly leaning towards the one discussion at the end of the month, for this month at least. I know I haven't made the greatest first impression, but, I hope you guys will stick it out at least for November!

CagneyDog
10-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I think that would be best. I'm so sorry I've been going back and forth with October. I hope y'all will continue to be patient and let me know how you feel about all this. I know I can't please everyone, but, it's important to me to hear different points of view. That's why, even though I had the poll up, the reasons I was getting from different people were mostly leaning towards the one discussion at the end of the month, for this month at least. I know I haven't made the greatest first impression, but, I hope you guys will stick it out at least for November!

Alright :)

Will November be done week by week or has that changed as well?

You've been doing a great job with all of this! Thank you!

finn's mom
10-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Alright :)

Will November be done week by week or has that changed as well?

You've been doing a great job with all of this! Thank you!

Blech, such difficult questions. ;) I have an idea, but, I'd hate to say it right now, because it may change...and, thanks, that's kind of you to say. Yeah, I'm good at changing my mind. ;)

Karen
10-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Hee hee - I got October's book on Saturday, and finished it already. Next month, if we do week-to-week, I promise I'll limit myself to the chapters in question!

finn's mom
10-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Hee hee - I got October's book on Saturday, and finished it already. Next month, if we do week-to-week, I promise I'll limit myself to the chapters in question!

I know. Seriously, I threw my copy across the room when I finished chapter six because I didn't know how we would do the discussion. ;) I got to the chapter six, and, I thought I would die with the way the chapter ended. Ugh. I do think, with how quickly this started up, that the best way for October will be just to talk about it starting the 25th. That'll give us a week. And, we're working on a chat room. :)

DJFyrewolf36
10-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Darn it, I haven't even gotten my copy yet lol. I need to get to the library on Saturday, although I'll probibly have it finished by the end of next week so I'll be ok. The October discussion starts on the 25th right?

I really do love this idea, and you're doing a good job of keeping things together! And yes your response to my post made sense.;)

finn's mom
10-11-2005, 01:16 PM
I really do love this idea, and you're doing a good job of keeping things together! And yes your response to my post made sense.;)

Oh thank goodness. Half the time I'm typing about this stuff, I'm totally lost and just it's like a race between my brain and my fingers. ;) Sometimes, there's no winner, they both just get into a tussle and I give up. Ha ha.

And, yeah, you have until the 25th before discussion opens publicly. And, the book seems to be a fast read, I stopped after the sixth chapter because I wasn't sure if were going to discuss those chapters and then read the next few or what...but, now that we're just reading this month's book all the way through and then discussing, I'll probably finish it today. It's a nice rainy day. Good tea and book weather. And, thank you so much for saying such kind things, it helps considering I feel like a flop with the whole thing every once in awhile. But, I'm so glad I took a chance and asked if there was anyone else who wanted to do this! :)

lvpets2002
10-12-2005, 09:38 AM
:) Oh I got my copy from Borders Monday & so far it is a great book..

finn's mom
10-12-2005, 09:40 AM
:) Oh I got my copy from Borders Monday & so far it is a great book..

Awesome! I finished last night, I enjoyed it!

Jadapit
10-12-2005, 12:23 PM
We went to Walmart last night, they had the book there. :D I bought it I will start reading it tonight. I'm excited.

caseysmom
10-12-2005, 03:54 PM
I just picked the book up from the library....I will get started on it tonight.

Karen
10-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Oh, enjoy! It sucks you right in - at least it did me!

caseysmom
10-13-2005, 09:34 AM
I am either ending chapter 6 or starting chapter 7, it is really a good story and I love books that just suck you right in like that. This will be a good book for my daughter to read too since she is 12.

caseysmom
10-14-2005, 12:48 AM
I am done! I enjoyed the book.

Almita
10-16-2005, 05:31 PM
I just got the book just now and I was reading the back of it while I was at the library and it seems like a good book! I can't wait to get started!

Karen
10-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Oh, good - glad you got it on time! Enjoy ... can't wait for the dicussion! And NEXT month, I'm just gonna read the assigned chapters per week - I'll put the book away so I don't pick it up "by accident!"

finn's mom
10-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Oh, good - glad you got it on time! Enjoy ... can't wait for the dicussion! And NEXT month, I'm just gonna read the assigned chapters per week - I'll put the book away so I don't pick it up "by accident!"

Oh, man, Karen. I know! I'll have to have at least one other book to read, so that I don't read too far in advance. Hopefully, everyone will do that!

RobiLee
10-17-2005, 04:33 PM
Yay!!! The library called and said my book was in and I just got back from picking it up. I can't wait to get started on it this evening. :)

cyber-sibes
10-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Hey this is a very cool idea! right now I'm up to my butt in books I have to read, but maybe next time around, when I finish my Master's and have from free time- have fun!

CagneyDog
10-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Isn't the discussion thread supposed to be up already?

:)

dukedogsmom
10-21-2005, 06:08 PM
I think next month I might try it. I'm not an avid reader but I'll try to keep up with everyone. I used to read a lot until this evil computer came along......

finn's mom
10-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Isn't the discussion thread supposed to be up already?

:)

Nope, it'll be opened on the 25th. :)

.powerful
10-24-2005, 02:26 PM
I may join. I'm going to hold off for next month though, I will certainly read the discussions though. The sisterhood of the travelling pants really isn't my thing :p

Is the discussion open tomorrow the 25th or November the 25th??

finn's mom
10-24-2005, 04:45 PM
I may join. I'm going to hold off for next month though, I will certainly read the discussions though. The sisterhood of the travelling pants really isn't my thing :p

Is the discussion open tomorrow the 25th or November the 25th??

Ha ha, well, that is sort of the point of the book club, to read things and meet authors you wouldn't normally choose. ;) But, I totally understand.

The discussion for October's book will open tomorrow, the 25th. I'll post November's schedule soon.

CagneyDog
10-24-2005, 08:01 PM
YAY! I can't wait for the discussion to be open! Is is just an open discussion or are we going to be talking about paticular topics/questions? There are some discussion topics in the back of the book that you might want to take a look at.

Is the chat room going to be used? :)

finn's mom
10-24-2005, 08:55 PM
YAY! I can't wait for the discussion to be open! Is is just an open discussion or are we going to be talking about paticular topics/questions? There are some discussion topics in the back of the book that you might want to take a look at.

Is the chat room going to be used? :)

I put times for the chat room, and, if folks want to participate, I've sent them all the link. :) As for how the discussion is going to go, I think we can let it be open and post some questions, as well. This will be a first time thing for me, so, those questions in the back of the book are so not what I'm used to thinking about, it'll be interesting. The book wasn't over my head, but, some of the questions feel that way, just because I haven't really dissected novels or stories that way since I was in school. Just a different way of thinking, and, it'll be a learning experience for me, and, hopefully, we'll just have good participation, regardless of the type. As long as it's about October's book, it'll be fine. ;)

Cincy'sMom
10-24-2005, 08:57 PM
I got my book Friday, and finished it last night!

finn's mom
10-24-2005, 08:58 PM
I got my book Friday, and finished it last night!

Awesome! Yeah, it's a fast read, so glad you were able to get it in time! :) We've posted November's book already, so, be sure to check it out!

Cincy'sMom
10-24-2005, 09:57 PM
I think I am going to go the old fashion route on that one, and check the library. We take the dogs every Tuesday so the kids can read to them...might as well check out some books while I am there!