PDA

View Full Version : Meet Betsy

wolf_Q
10-06-2005, 11:11 PM
I came home from the store today and was unlocking the front door when I hear tag jingling behind me...and found an adorable aussie mix dog looking back at me. The neighbors across the street were outside and they have a similar looking dog that is often loose in their yard (they are always outside with the dog though that I've seen) so I thought maybe they got another dog. I asked them and they said no and that the dog had been wandering around the street for a couple of days (first I had seen her). She had a collar with a tag that had her name (Betsy) and a phone number so I took her inside to call the number. Nobody was home so I left a message. Soon after I noticed she was in heat. She was here for around 5 hours...finally somebody called back. No thank you or anything, all I got was "Do you live near a church?" "Yes" "Ok I'm just down the street just let her go I'll get her" I said she was in heat and shouldn't be wandering around like that and she needed to be spayed and he just laughed and said ok. :mad: Don't you just love irresponsible pet owners...ugh. I have a feeling I'll be seeing Betsy again soon! :rolleyes:

cyber-sibes
10-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Awww, pretty girl. I can't believe they said "just let her go" :mad: what is wrong with these people? Clueless, I guess. Well, you tried, and at least for a while she was treated with kindness and concern. If she gets loose again, she just might remember the way to your place!

lv4dogs
10-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Oh my what a pretty young lady.
Poor dog suffering from her owners stupidity. :mad: If there is a leash law I would of told him that is also illegal to let them roam. Gosh I hope he wakes up, gets her spayed, keeps her confined & treats her good.

pitc9
10-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Oh what a cutie!! I feel sorry for the poor girl to have such stupid owners!!
:(

vinjashira
10-07-2005, 09:18 AM
just let her go??? just let her go???? :mad:
thanks for taking her in... the owner should be more greatfull to you and more important they should be more responsible!

Jadapit
10-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Omg, she is adorable! I do NOT understand people! "Just let her go" now theres a real good pet owner. :rolleyes: So sad. Being she is out wandering like that she is going to end up bred. :(

dappledoxie
10-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Awwwwwww Betsy sure is a cutie. It's a shame her owner isn't being responsible and he sure doesn't seem to care. Poor girl. I hope she stays safe and if she does get loose again I hope nothing bad happens to her.

lvpets2002
10-07-2005, 10:07 AM
;) Awee Betsy is so adorable & I think I would have just put her in the house & kept that little sweetie pie..

Ginger's Mom
10-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Poor Betsy. Did you take her home? Did they say anything further? I hope they listen to you, she looks like a sweetie.

RobiLee
10-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Ohhh, Betsy is so pretty. What a cute girl. It makes me so mad to hear what her owner had to say. I don't think we will ever be able to understand dog owners like that. It is so frustrating.

Chica
10-07-2005, 07:07 PM
She is beautiful!!How could people be so stupid. :confused:

gemini9961
10-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Awww poor thing. She is gorgeous though.

tikeyas_mom
10-07-2005, 11:37 PM
AWEE she's so cute, how could her owners just throw her away like apiece of trash? thats horrid!!! :(:(

anna_66
10-09-2005, 09:45 PM
The nerve of some people :mad:
She's gorgeous, too bad she doesn't have better owners:(

Vette
10-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Oh shes ADORABLE!!!!!!!
i love her coloring,, and those ears!
just too cute :D

dukedogsmom
10-09-2005, 11:07 PM
It's too bad such a sweet dog has to have such an idiot owner. I'd have been afraid to let her go like that. I had the same situation happen with a kitty in my area. They have now just abandoned the poor thing and we and the neighbors are feeding it. I wish I could give her the home she deserves. She's so sweet.

jackie
10-10-2005, 05:15 AM
She is beautiful. Next time you find her I would take her to the nearest no-kill shelter. Let the jerk pay the fine to get his dog back. Maybe then he will be less inclined to let her roam the streets. :mad: