PDA

View Full Version : wanna know whats going on??:mad:

labrado_retriever123
10-06-2005, 09:25 PM
:mad: You wanna know what's going on? They are banning breeds of dogs from places just because 1 of the dogs of that breed attacked or something.. Like in some places, they have banned:

Great Danes
Mastiffs
Pit Bulls
Boxers

And so on so on

URG it just makes me want to squeeze them till they burst! :mad:

Why just because one dog attacked?????!!!!!! It wasn't the breed, it was that one dog in piticular! BLAME THE DOG NOT THE BREED! :mad:

Muddy4paws
10-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Until people get it into their thick heads then things wont change unfortunatly. :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-07-2005, 10:21 AM
There are NO bad dogs, but bad OWNERS :mad:

gini
10-07-2005, 12:49 PM
My niece in Northern California adopted an 8 week old pitt bull. She was the 8th person who had applied to adopt Bella.

The Humane Society had her fill out a very extensive application and she had to wait some time before she was approved for adoption.

They told her all of the other applicants clearly wanted the pup as a fighting dog - so they were all turned down.

Sadly Bella only lived for three years...........cancer took her far too soon.

LKPike
10-07-2005, 12:50 PM
their banning mastiffs??? where???

lvpets2002
10-07-2005, 12:54 PM
There are NO bad dogs, but bad OWNERS :mad:

Thank You Lut I truly agree!!!

sammy101
10-07-2005, 04:53 PM
i've never head of a Boxer or Great Dane attack someone,thats just BS!Mastiffs i've heard like 1 or 2. Banning breeds is just BS!

jackie
10-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Pretty soon they will want to ban any dog over 60 pounds.

dogzr#1
10-08-2005, 05:51 PM
AHHHHH!! Why must they ban the breed when it is the people who teach them to be mean. It is so unfair. The people who turn these wonderful dogs into a fighting dog only get a slap on the hand; when the dogs get banned from a city. They should ban the people who are dog fighting. *cooling down* Ok I got that out. I am just soooo mad about all the breedism that's going on. :mad:

areias
10-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Yes, sad but true. But banning boxers??? Where?? I'd take a Boxer over a Lab anyday. Heck I'd take a pit over a lab (no offence to lab owners :p ).

In...Denver? I think it was they have a pit ban...its gotten so bad that animal control can walk into your home and take your dog and euthanize it. It dosen't really matter what breed it is either-if the person taking the dog believes it to be any kind of pit mix, they can take it. So a lot of boxers, american bulldogs, etc are being taken.

There is also a ban in Miami-Dade County of FL. You can't so much as travel through the county with a pit. :mad:

When I get enough room, I am so adopting a pit and training it to do therapy work. :D