PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Salsa, Frito Feet and The Three second rule

RICHARD
10-06-2005, 06:27 PM
I love salsa
Especially homemade salsa....The stuff outta the can and bottle is too sweet for me.

I like a good cold beer, warm chips and some hot salsa.

I have been on a cooking jag lately and craved some salsa so I got out the blender and started to
work. You can have a salsa that is rough cut or you can be lazy and make a 'blender salsa'.

Just take all the ingredients and toss them into the blender!

I love salsa and chips...
MMMM tortilla chips are really good with homemade salsa.

The Edster don't care too much for the salsa, but he likes the salt off the chips.
And the Edster loves the sound of cellophane and cans in the kitchen.
He comes tripping in to see what is going on.

Vegetables? NOPE.
The Blender? NOPE.
The chips? YES!

He grabs the edge of the bag and starts biting...I offer him a chip, He came, he licked salt, he conquered...

I get back to the task at hand.....chop, blend, pour, taste, season and finally...

MMMMMMMMM homemade salsa and beer.....what kind of chips???

I set the bowl on the table and let things kiss and mingle. I cover up the bowl with a dish cloth so the Kissing and Mingling
can go on undercover.....Public displays of affection make me nervous!!!

--------------------------------------

I worked late so I have decided to kick back and watch some TV..I see that the movie I started to watch the other night is on!
I didn't get to see the end of it, so....

I plop down on the recliner and pick up where I left off...

I am spellbound, I am enthralled, I am wishing that there was a commercial break so I can get some salsa action going...

MMMMMMMM, Homemade salsa, beer and .....

The aroma of garlic and tomatoes, chilies and onions gently waft past...

And here comes the Edster around the corner......doing the "hokey pokey"!!!

You put your right rear foot out and you shake it all about!!!!

There is something very funny about watching a cat stick his rear leg out and shake it.....I laugh.

He moves another few feet, does the same dance move and throws himself on the floor.

He starts to lick at his back paw and looks at me like, "That is the nastiest stuff on the planet!"

The salsa smell hits me again and I realize what has happened.

------------------------------------

Frito FEET!!!! ED HAS REAL FRITO FEET!!!

SALSA AND FRITO FEET?

Before I get to the table I see the dish cloth depressed into the center of my HOMEMADE SALSA...

I am crushed, but in true Single Batchelor Dude Fashion I figure out that The THREE SECOND RULE IS IN EFFECT.

(The three second rule comes from restaurant lore....If something falls on the floor and is picked up within in three seconds
it is still fit for human comsumption.)

Soooooo,

If the salsa was stepped in by my cat, the following exemptions shall apply.

His foot was in the "stew" for no longer than three seconds, Ed hates water.
The dish cloth prevented any hair or particles from the floor from coming in contact
with my salsa.
Cats are pretty clean animals, They poop in a box don't they?
See above, They groom themselves, don't they?
Cat spit has cleaning agents in it.....See above!!

It's all settled,
I track down the Edster and check the 'wetness' of his foot...Not bad..
I wipe him off and too lazy to make more salsa, I enjoy the fruits of my labor with Russel Crowe, Guy Pearce, Kim Basinger and
Kevin Spacey...

MMMM homemade salsa, beer and fritos(feet)!!!
Another exciting evening with the Edster..........

As we both cuddle in bed later on, I drift off sleep, thinking about the movie I just saw, wondering what will hold for me and then laughing like a maniac as the faint scent of tomatoes, garlic, onions and chilis dance around as the Edster gets comfy on the bed.
:rolleyes:

Christiansmommy
10-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Hope this is a to be continued!! I enjoyed every minute of it!! You sure have a knack for writing. You should write a book about the life of Ed the Cat!! I'd buy it ;)

Mmmmm...now I am in the mood for salsa and chips!!
;)

~Robyn

K & L
10-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Richard you're too much! Loved this story! Now you just need to get the Edster liking beer! :D

RedHedd
10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
:D I just hope the salsa wasn't too spicy! My Mishi gets enthralled with my salsa and chips too and I like the HOT salsa. He also licks the salt off the chips. Some day he will also get a taste of the hot salsa and I KNOW he won't like it.

CalliesMom
10-06-2005, 07:02 PM
LMBO Edster sounds quite entertaining to say the least. Too bad he didn't like the salsa.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-06-2005, 07:02 PM
LOL!!!
I hope if the salsa was spicey, it doesn't make Eddie "RUN" in a different manner!!! :D

You could have taken a spoon and scooped out the salsa that was in the bowl under where the "cloth dent" was too. Don't ask how I know these things. I won't tell!!! :D

wolflady
10-06-2005, 07:03 PM
...You sure have a knack for writing. You should write a book about the life of Ed the Cat!! I'd buy it ;)

I could totally see a book like that...with illustrations! It would be too cute!

Good story, there Richard! You make a mean salsa! ;) Love it! :D

**hugs**

slick
10-06-2005, 09:19 PM
So, does this make him a "chip" off the old block??? :D :D

catmandu
10-06-2005, 09:30 PM
I dont know about Salsa,but Scrappy 2,goes crazy over Chip Dip,she puts her little nose in,and will not take it out.
And the line about the Edster doing the Salsa Hokey Pokey,was inspired.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos695.jpg

AmberLee
10-06-2005, 11:53 PM
*snirk!*

Love the story, thanks for sharing with us!

Killearn Kitties
10-07-2005, 05:52 AM
I can just see the salsa hokey-pokey! How cute. Poor Ed, that salsa was just too tempting!

Our cats totally ignore any food lying around the house that isn't theirs, but my husband's dog once licked half the icing off a Christmas cake. :eek: We drew the line at eating that.

Laura's Babies
10-07-2005, 08:15 AM
When is that book going to be on the shelves? Reckon there will be a long line waiting to buy it? Can you order it ahead to avoid the lines?

Yup, would make a great book.... "The Adventures of The Edster"....

Loved the story RICHARD!

RICHARD
10-07-2005, 11:46 AM
I thought you were going to give the salsa receipe, but maybe you're saving that for your book!;)

Tomatoes
cilantro (fresh Coriander)
white/yellow onions
Chiles, Yellow or Serrano
Clove Garlic.
garlic salt.

This is an eyeball/tastebud recipe.

You measure with your eyes and season with your tongue.

Start with the tomatoes, add onion and coriander, smash up the garlic.

When you get to the chilies, go easy, take the seed out if you like mild.
Keep them in if you like a challenge.

You can chop if you like the chunky style or you can just toss stuff in the blender raw..

My mom put the tomatoes and chilies in boiling water to soften them up, she peels the tomatoes and tosses them into the blender, along with the garlic, she pours that out, tops it off with rough chopped onion and coriander !

Killearn Kitties
10-07-2005, 11:58 AM
I think I'll try it!

How timely this recipe is too! I have just been looking at a receipe for something else and come across cilantro. As I had never heard of it in my life, I was about to post to find out if anyone knew what it was.

Spooky!

RICHARD
10-07-2005, 12:14 PM
I think I'll try it!

How timely this recipe is too! I have just been looking at a receipe for something else and come across cilantro. As I had never heard of it in my life, I was about to post to find out if anyone knew what it was.

Spooky!

Cat's foot not included. :eek:

Killearn Kitties
10-07-2005, 12:18 PM
And how is adorable Ed this morning? I hope the chillies didn't make his foot nip.

christa
10-07-2005, 01:59 PM
LOL

Richard . . . I think you're really stretching the 3 second rule with this one. :eek:

Must be good salsa!

RICHARD
10-07-2005, 07:18 PM
LOL

Richard . . . I think you're really stretching the 3 second rule with this one. :eek:

Must be good salsa!

It's actually OK salsa. I was NOT going to toss it out and make another batch...waste not???

I know I stretched the 'rule' but hey, Batchelor Living has it's perks.

KK,

Ed's foot is good and I do read minds. :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

Lightning SuperCat
10-07-2005, 07:26 PM
I thought it was the 5-second rule. :o
Richard, if you wrote a book, I'd buy it, you have quite the knack for writing.
I loved the story!!! :p