PDA

View Full Version : Its too hard.....

catnapper
10-06-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm sitting here petting Angel, and she's purring up a storm, loving every second of it.

Its going to KILL me to hand her over, no matter how wonderful her new home is going to be. We've been through so much together, Angel and I. She's happy here and such a love. We have our big appointment with the orthopeadic vet next monday, and I keep hoping inside that what the vet says is so scary that the people adopting her decide that Nessa and Elfie are enough for right now.

Am I mean for hoping that? I love this little girl. Its going to be like handing my own baby over to them. I've had her for 4 months now. I'll have her at least another month before she can go to her new home. I've been accused of starving her. Accused of neglecting her. We've cried together over boo-boos and medicine. I've put up with her leaking poop everywhere and told her I loved her despite it. I've fought with hubby over the leaky poop issue. I've rished her to the emergency vets a few times. I've dealt with the guilt of her infecting my own cats. And through it all I've loved her completely.

How can I let this pretty little girl go?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/sleepyhead.jpg

My heart is breaking and I try to pull back emotionally, but I melt every time I see her. I keep wondering what she'll look like all grown up, with her mane fully grown in. How lovely and regal she'll be! I keep wondering if she'll have a growth spurt and grow into the size she's meant to be (she's still very small for her age from all the problems she had as a young kitten) She''s only been "healthy" for a week or two now.

I know she'll be happy with her new family. She adores Flutter's sisters. She adores the new people, especially new daddy. She'll be happy. I KNOW that. But I know inside I'll be devastated to see her go.

prechrswife
10-06-2005, 05:53 PM
(((((Hugs))))) That is why I could never foster. I would have way too many pets because I couldn't give them up. You have really done wonders for Angel.

K & L
10-06-2005, 06:45 PM
It's very hard to let go, but sometimes it's just for the best all the way around. If Tracey hadn't come for Pearl we would've never let her go, but look how happy she is! Hopefully you can get updates on her and it makes it much easier.

CalliesMom
10-06-2005, 07:05 PM
I've never fostered an animal, so I can only imagine how hard it will be letting go. BUT just think, you will now have space for another baby who needs your love and attention...you will be saving another life.

Her new purrents sound like wonderful people. She will be so happy there! :)

kuhio98
10-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Kim ~ I wish I had some words of wisdom. Could you try to think of it as not losing a baby, but making room in your life for another little one who needs you? :(

Craftlady
10-06-2005, 07:49 PM
She adores Flutters sisters and her new mommy and daddy. You've done your work well to make her a loving kitty. It's going to be an excellant forever home with the new people. I'm sure they will keep you updated :)

Laura's Babies
10-06-2005, 08:27 PM
If you can let her go, it will sure surprise me! Am I the only oddball that thinks you SHOULD keep her? She is just to special and you have been through so much to get her well.... It is no sin to fail Fostering 101~ My vote is you keep her where she belongs and that is with YOU! The new family don't have the investment in loving and caring in her that you have so it would be easy for them to find another one. You and I both know if you let her go, you will always regret it.

Some of them you just bond with and they with you...... This is why I could not foster, it is to hard to give them up.

catmandu
10-06-2005, 09:00 PM
That is such a tough decision,and I no not envy you,the task of making it.
That why I ahve 11 Cats,as I could never let one go,until Pouncette,and Ragnar,had places to go where they would be the Boss Cat.
And Angel,may be beeter off,with Flutters Sisters,and you will be able,to svae the life of another Kitten,who has no other place to go.
May our Lord,give you strngth,it will not be easy,but it may be for the best.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos695.jpg

catnapper
10-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Problem is, I think I am seriously DONE with fostering. I've had enough with bad vets, guilt over upsetting my guys, running here and there with the cats... not to mention politics within the rescue. I will help the rescue, since its a great organization, but nope, fostering is over (at least for now, since we all know how many of us swear we're done fostering and return later).

I'll love her for the next month or so until she goes to live with her new family. All the while I'll wish she would be staying.

slick
10-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Purrrsonally, I don't know how you do it. I could never foster because I would keep them all. Take a page out of JenL's book. Let her go then remember "I loved you first".

orangemm
10-07-2005, 04:39 AM
I couldn't do it. If I had been through all that with her, she would be staying with me (but then I am a wimp and a big softie). After all that you two have been through together, it almost seems to be a given that Angel should stay with you.

But don't you have the final say as to where she lives??

That's why I could never foster.............. :eek:

furrykidsmother
10-07-2005, 08:54 AM
My heart breaks for you. I know how you love that little one and how much she will be missed.

I don't think I could foster, I would fail.

moosmom
10-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Kim,

I feel your pain. You get so attached to these kits and think no one else in the world can love and care for them better than you. After almost 10 years of rescue and fostering, I've had to say enough. It is VERY painful and draining, both physically and emotionally. It also does a number on your own furkids. Since LilEli and Tabitha have been rehomed, my house is peaceful, there's no fighting and my cats are as calm and happy as can be. It's VERY obvious. Fostering takes a toll on them too! For the first time in YEARS, Mollie Rose (11 years old) and I had one-on-one play time with the teaser wand. She LOVED it!!! At night, they ALL sleep right next to me.

I'll pray for a happy, safe and VERY loved life for Angel. Don't worry, she'll be fine! It's YOU I'm worried about!! ;);)

xoxoxoxoxox

Donna

carole
10-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Kim I can empathise with you and understand the heartache you must feel, you will remember the little guy I found and only had like a couple of days, and I still to this day feel he went to the wrong people, I never heard back from these people and my worst fears are something bad happened to him, I have never quite forgiven myself for letting him go and not exploring more options, I can only imagine how you must feel letting Angel go when you have been through so much with her and how much you must love her, I loved this little fellow almost immediately, the good thing about it all is at least you are assured his new home is great,and that in itself will be a huge comfort to you, however just know we understand and feel for you so much, HUGS. :)

Randi
10-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Yes Kim, I know it's hard to let her go, and I probably couldn't - but I think you have made up your mind.

It will be a great help when you know she's going to a loving family, and perhaps you can ask them to please stay in touch and give you updates. If they don't live too far away, you might even visit now and again. :)

I think you need a break for a while, fostering. ;)

Lightning SuperCat
10-08-2005, 07:57 AM
I know I could never foster because I would always fail!!! How could I give one away?!?!? I know it is going to be hard, but you can see if you can keep in contact with darling little Angel. :)