PDA

View Full Version : Our Adoption Webjournal

prechrswife
10-06-2005, 12:29 PM
As many of you know, my husband and I are in the process of adopting from China. We have started a webjournal to share our story with family and friends. We still have awhile before we travel, as we are still waiting on referral, but we have the basics set up already. Please come and pay us a visit:

http://www.adoptionvoyages.com/Maryjoyce.htm

By the way, my husband and I own the Adoption Voyages website. If you know anybody who is in the process of an international adoption, we would really appreciate it if you could tell them about our site.

Dusty

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Great web site so far. I will be looking forward to sharing this special journey with you - and looking forward to the arrival of another PT baby in 2006!! (((HUGS)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-06-2005, 12:53 PM
I just read EVEYTHING on that web-site. What a heartwarming site, I am all in tears, tears of happiness. This all brings back the time when we were in the process of adopting our 2 kids, one from Korea,and one form India. Those were hard times, but it was all worth it! Those pics of Leah are so special; what a lovely little girl!!
You have already chosen the name for your daughter? We did that too for our Korean son; but when we saw his Korean name, we decided to keep it :)

I wish you both all the luck in the world; I will pray that your dossier will arrive asap!!
Hugs!

shutterbug0303
10-06-2005, 12:58 PM
What a beautiful story!! Thanks for sharing this site...I'll be sure to bookmark and keep up with your new daughter's arrival!

I have a strong connection with adoptions for some reason. I don't know anyone who has been adopted - but every time I see or hear an adoption story my heart warms and I have such a wonderful feeling. I wonder if I really am being led into the adoption field as a career choice?!!? I don't know if I could handle the schooling as most colleges would require secular ideas in their sociology classes...but the thought sticks with me. Reading your story has again thrown some fuel to the fire...

Also, the crib you FINALLY have home is gorgeous!! I love the rich, deep coloring and the bedding material is just perfect :) Mary Joyce is already one of the luckiest little girls I "know"

just me
10-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Best Wishes, great web-site :D

finn's mom
10-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Be sure to post when you update it, it's wonderful! The crib is beautiful!

prechrswife
10-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Thanks for all of the replies.

As far as her name goes, Lut, we have selected her American name (Mary Joyce), which is for her 2 grandmothers. We also know that she will have a second middle name. We may use the name that she has been given in China, depending on the meaning and how easily it will be pronounced in America, or we may use Lian, which is a name of Chinese origin meaning "lotus flower." Of course, I think it would be really neat if Lian were already a part of her Chinese name. ;) :)

Thanks for the comments on Leah, too. Her parents are dear friends of ours.

prechrswife
10-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Bump. (I don't usually bump threads up, but I just want to share our excitement. :) )