PDA

View Full Version : Not looking good for my Katie girl.

rg_girlca
10-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Katie is still not doing well this morning. She cannot use her right side properly and cries like she is in pain. I am bringing her to the vets in about 1/2 an hour.
I don't know if she had a mini-stroke or there was some neurological damage done from being put under.

Please pray for my Katie girl.

trayi52
10-06-2005, 07:28 AM
I am so sorry Katie is not doing so well, Lorainne. I pray that she will start doing much better. Poor little thing, sounds like she has really been through a lot as it is, and so have you.

I will keep you and Katie in my prayers, my dear and wonderful friend.

Willie

christa
10-06-2005, 07:59 AM
So sorry to hear about Katie. This breaks my heart.

Prayers for you and for Katie today. Hang in there.

jazzcat
10-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Oh my gosh Lorraine, I only had a moment to check in last night and I saw that she was home and doing okay but you were questioning her panting. I was expecting to find a good update this morning. I'm so sorry.

Poor little Katie girl, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please be okay!

QueenScoopalot
10-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Many prayers being sent for your girl Lorraine. :( I'm hoping that it's just a delayed reaction to the anesthesia wearing off, and that no permanent damage happened. ((HUGS)) and prayers.

furrykidsmother
10-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Oh no! Please update as soon as you can. Poor Katie, I sure hope it is just a temporary reaction and that it is nothing serious. Good thoughts and prayers on there way.

K & L
10-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Oh no, I just hate reading this. What could've happened? You're in my thoughts and I hope this all turns out well. I'll be watching for the updates.

rg_girlca
10-06-2005, 09:33 AM
My Katie is being kept at the vets for observation and will be given fluids as she is slightly dehydrated.

The vet said that she isn't paralysised as she has reflexes in both her legs. He thinks it could be a blood clot and that this could be temporary. God I hope so. He said that he is concerned about her, but not overly concerned.

I'm asking for more prayers for my Katie girl, that she comes through just fine from this and more hugs for me as I am not holding up too well. I took the day off work and my house will be sparkling clean by the end of the day, as I know I won't be able to sit still, because when I do, the tears start flowing.

Thank you all.

rkidsrcats
10-06-2005, 09:38 AM
We just read this...oh Lorraine we are thinking of Katie right now and sending all our good thoughts to make her pull through. How hard for you to not know what is happening to her.

We'll keep checking for any news - good news we sincerely hope.
take care,
the Tribe

catnapper
10-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Oh Lorraine.... {{{HUGS}}} I am devastated to hear this. I hope and pray the doctor will be able to pull her out of this.

furrykidsmother
10-06-2005, 09:42 AM
I am glad to hear that the doctor isn't overly concerned, that is a good sign. Katie and you will both be kept in our thoughts and prayers.

((((Hugs)))) to you. Please let us know when you hear more.

Craftlady
10-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Will keep good thoughts and prayers here.
It's a comfort that the vet is concerned by not overly concerned. Wish they (vets) would be a little more specific in their generalizations with us it drives me nuts.

Nomilynn
10-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Katie is still in my thoughs and *hugs* for you, Lorraine!

Donnaj4962
10-06-2005, 09:53 AM
So sorry to hear about your little Katie. I hope she is doing better by the time I write this. Please keep us posted on her condition. Lots of prayers and good thoughts coming her way.

Killearn Kitties
10-06-2005, 09:55 AM
I'll be thinking of you both today and keeping my fingers crossed for sweet Katie.

Get well soon, pretty girl.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-06-2005, 10:13 AM
I took the day off work and my house will be sparkling clean by the end of the day, as I know I won't be able to sit still, because when I do, the tears start flowing.

I'm the same exact way. When my parents had their car accident, I couldn't head up their way for another 1 1/2 days. By the time I was able to leave, every single piece of laundry was done and the entire house was sparkling clean.

I'm so sorry to hear Katie is still having difficulties. :(

Here's hoping and praying she gets better real soon!

CalliesMom
10-06-2005, 11:00 AM
:( I'm so sorry to hear about Katie. I hope the vet is able to figure out what is wrong.

catmandu
10-06-2005, 11:14 AM
The Found Cats,and I are praying for Katie,and pray,that she is all right,nad that her problem,is just temporary.
Gem Angel,and Smoke Angel are with Katie at the Vets,to comfort her,and lend her moral supprt!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture607.jpg

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Sending prayers fro Katie and (((HUGS))) for you.

elizabethann
10-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Poor little kitty. :(

I hope she'll be okay.

catlover4ever
10-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Oh Lorraine, major prayers and many, many good thoughts on the way for Katie. (((hugs))) to you. Keep us posted.

Randi
10-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Oh poor Katie, and you. :( I hope the vet visit will help her get better and she'll back to normal soon!

I'm sending my best thoughts to Katie and you.

just me
10-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Sorry to hear about Katie.
Im sending well wishes, and positive thoughts to both of you today.
Keep us posted :)

AbbyMom
10-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Prayers on the way for Katie girl.

Queen of Poop
10-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Prayers and good thoughts for both you and Katie.

K & L
10-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Keep up the fight Katie girl!!! You're going to pull through just fine!

Kirsten
10-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm very sorry to learn that she now has these problems after all she's been through already! It's some kind of relief to hear that your vet isn't overly concerned, and I'm glad that it doesn't seem to be a stroke.

Keep on fighting, Katie, positive thoughts and well-wishes are on their way to you....

Kirsten

Logan
10-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Hang in there, sweet Katie. We are praying hard for good results.

Logan

doolittleky
10-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Lorraine,
I am praying that katie will recover from this and make her mom stop having to worry about her.
Melissa

rg_girlca
10-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Thank you everyone for your prayers.

I should add that I thought she would be better this morning as her panting had finally subsided around 1:30-2:00 this morning and she was resting more comfortably. I layed beside her on the floor until around 4:00 and then got into bed and sometime between then and 6:45 when I got up, she had gone under the bed. When I bent down to see her she meowed at me and looked fine the way she was laying there. But when she started to come out and I heard her moans and saw how unbalanced she was, I knew she wasn't.:(
I will be calling the vets later to see how she is doing.

Gosh I didn't think it would be this hard.

Come on meowmie's girl, you just have to be fine.

wolflady
10-06-2005, 02:00 PM
How scary! Prayers are on the way for sweet Katie. I hope you get some good news soon. Please let us know how she's doing when you get an update.

**hugs**

orangemm
10-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Oh, Lorraine, I am so sorry to hear about Katie's setback. Lots of prayers going up for your sweet girl. Hang in there, both of you.

(((((hugs)))))

Mad Mags Moo
10-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Thinking of you and hope that Katie will get better very soon.

jenluckenbach
10-06-2005, 03:02 PM
I am just now seeing this. :( :( Many prayers for Katie.

momcat
10-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Poor Katie!! Prayers are being prayed for your sweet little girl! I can only imagine how you must feel right now, not knowing for sure what's going on over there. Please keep us up to date on Katie's condition. Sounds like your vet pretty much ruled out anything major serious. For now we need to hold on to that. I'm sending you a whole lot of hugs and support. Groucho also sends you purrs, headbumpies, and kitty kisses to help you through even though he knows they won't be quite like Katie's!!!!!

sirrahbed
10-06-2005, 04:00 PM
oh ((((((Lorraine)))) I am sad and sorry to hear that Katie is sick. I don't check in much lately but this sure caught my eye :(

But - I have said a prayer for you and for Katie and let's try to think positively. It is good that the vet is not overly concerned I would think. I will check back later to see if you know anything more...

More (((((HUGS))))) my dear friend. ***RUBS**** for Katie girl (gentle ones)

QueenScoopalot
10-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Hoping and praying that Katie will be back home with you soon. I'm sure fluids are helping flush the anesthesia from her system. Did the vet do any pre-op blood work on her? :confused: If not, sure hope they've found out what's going on with your baby by now. ;) (((HUGS)))

Soapets
10-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Still keeping you and Katie in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know how things go. I sure hope you get her back home with you soon, and things start improving. Hang in there, and PRAY!

Deb

rg_girlca
10-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Thank you for the prayers and the hugs. I am definitely going to need more.

To answer your question Jan, yes Katie did have a post-op blood test done and everything was a go.

I just got off the phone with the vet and there is no change as of right now with Katie. He said now that there is some paralysis on the front right side of her, but she still has feeling. They have put her on a different anti-inflammatory to see if this will reverse the symptom. He said that she could have developed a lesion on part of the brain from the anesthesia that is affecting the nerves to her right side. He said that this is very uncommon and very rare that this will happen. He said that by Saturday we should know if the anti-inflammatories will work or not. She has also been eating, but you have to put the food right to her mouth as she goes off balance to the right.

You know how I am like with my animals and saying I am worried, is an understatement.

Dear God, WHY HER????????????

wolflady
10-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Gosh, I was so hoping to see some better news than this about Katie. Continued prayers are on the way. I know how worried you must be. I really hope this new anti-inflammatory will help.

**hugs**

jenluckenbach
10-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Many more prayers for Katie and a whole lot of {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you.

Just as a word of encouragement, my co-worker has a Boston Terrier, about 13, who recently had what they concluded was a small stroke. But at the time, she had no idea what happened, only that the dog was off balance and would fall over etc. The vet never actually did anything, (there was nothing really to do, he said) but the dog got better on her own.

Hang in there.......Katie is in good hands.

Prairie Purrs
10-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Please get better quickly, Katie girl! I hope the anti-inflamatories do the trick and your little girl can come back home very soon.

catnapper
10-06-2005, 06:32 PM
I just saw the update.... oh Lorraine.... many more hugs for you and prayers for her coming. I am so sorry to hear this.

K & L
10-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Lorraine I know what you're going through. It's so hard and my heart goes out to you. I just hope and prayer all this reverses itself in time. Are they letting you go for visits? Hang in there girl you've got a lot of positive vibes here pulling for both of you. XOXO

slick
10-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Prayers for little Katie and {{{hugs}}} for you Lorraine.

Kirsten
10-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Dear God, WHY HER????????????

((((((((Lorraine))))))))) Please believe me, I know what you're going through....

I'll keep you and Katie in my thoughts!

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
10-07-2005, 12:52 AM
Lorraine, I'm so sorry to hear about poor Katie. :( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care.

shais_mom
10-07-2005, 01:10 AM
so sorry I am late in wishing the best for you and Katie
you both with definatly be in my prayers

CalliesMom
10-07-2005, 03:00 AM
I am so sorry about Katie. I hope the anti-inflammatories work and she is able to come home. (((HUGS)))

prechrswife
10-07-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your Katie. I hope the vet will be able to do something to help her. :( (((((Hugs)))))

furrykidsmother
10-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Still sending good thoughts and prayers. I hope it is only temporary and that she will be well soon!

More ((((Hugs)))) for you!

lv4dogs
10-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Oh my how sad. We're sending tons of get well wishes your way.

Laura's Babies
10-07-2005, 08:56 AM
BIG cyber body warming and spirit warming ((((((HUGS))))) for you and Katie girl. This is awful for you but know you have a lot of freinds here to support you and who understand. I can only imagine how frantic you are and wish I could be there to give you a real hug and even sit and cry with you. Fingers crossed that the news tomorrow will be the best!! Prayers are sent and will continue to be sent for her and for you.

sirrahbed
10-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Oh Lorraine :( Yes, we know how you feel about your babies and how terrifying this is for you. I wish I could come give you a big hug in person - but please know that I am thinking of you and Katie throughout the day and will keep checking in here for updates. I have said a prayer for you both. I also want to send these (((((HUGS))))) {{{{{Lorraine}}}}}}
Please try to stay positive my sweet friend - the vet will take good care of Katie girl and even if the symptoms do not reverse completely - hopefully Katie will come home soon and be her happy self. I am sorry you are going through this.

DogLover9501
10-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Lorraine, I'm so sorry I missed this.

Poor Katie :( I'll keep her(and you) in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.

((((Hugs))))
Robyn

NoahsMommy
10-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Oh sweetie, I just saw this....I'm so sorry I'm late and that Katie is having to go through this. :( :( :(

I"ll keep her in my prayers....please give her hugs and love for me.

Here's a hug for you too: ((((((((Hugs))))))))

Love, Kelly

rg_girlca
10-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Thank you all for your prayers as they are much appreciated.

Please see the latest update on Katie here;
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=90281