PDA

View Full Version : How to kill these plants?

wolfsoul
10-05-2005, 08:16 PM
My roomate has some pot plants in our house, not to smoke, but as "decoration." Because apparently our house isn't decorative enough without a bunch of marijuana in it. :rolleyes: I wouldn't mind them if they didn't smell so bad. The house wreaks like a skunk, and she doesn't even smell anything. I've tried spraying them with Febreeze and it doesn't really help.

Is there ANY way that I can kill these things in such a subtle way that she wouldn't know I killed them? Any sort of liquid I could give them? I was thinking about pouring some bleach into the pots, but I think she might smell that.

I'm hoping that if these ones die for "no reason" that she'll just give up and never plant them again.

Help!

Jessika
10-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Overwater them??

Wow I would get rid of them ASAP. You can get in SO MUCH trouble, eventhough they're not yours, you know about them. :o

EDIT: Or do you not live somewhere where they are illegal?

wolfsoul
10-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Wow I would get rid of them ASAP. You can get in SO MUCH trouble, eventhough they're not yours, you know about them. :o

EDIT: Or do you not live somewhere where they are illegal?
It's not really legal, but it's not really illegal either. Marijuana is extremely important to BC's economy (hence why it's called "BC Bud"), so getting caught possessing it is pretty much no big deal. If you get caught possessing under 30 grams, it's perfectly legal, if you get caught with more than that, you get a ticket. The only way you could get charged is if you have a large grow op. This is only three plants, and I'm not sure how many grams that is, so she could get a ticket I guess.

I don't think overwatering them will work. As far as I know, marijunana absolutely thrives on water. She grew the seeds in a cup of water, and I noticed that when she waters them, she pours quite alot in there. Maybe if I use diluted bleach...she probably wouldn't smell that..

dukedogsmom
10-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Poor a lot of salt on the soil and then water them good so the salt will dissolve. I think you've got to have the award for one of the most unusual thread topics here.

wolfsoul
10-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Thanks! I'll do that right now. Lol, I guess it is a pretty weird topic. :D Maybe I should have put it in the Dog House.

Jessika
10-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Oh diluted bleach and salt, that would definitely work.

Or kerosine, but I think she'd smell that LOL

king2005
10-05-2005, 11:54 PM
ya salt should kill it, I think copper will kill it too (pennies).

hehe, this topic reminds me of my grandma & her lovely bush (she had no idea what it really was)

catnapper
10-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Perhaps Pour Coke in there? They say it dissolves paint off a car, it should kill a plant! LOL

Or you could send it ot my mom. She'll kill anything.

wolfsoul
10-06-2005, 09:57 AM
LOL, coke it is. ;)

just me
10-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Wow

Samantha Puppy
10-06-2005, 10:30 AM
I was going to say salt the soil and then pour diluted bleach in there but someone beat me to it!

lvpets2002
10-06-2005, 10:36 AM
:) Yup sure pour coke in the plant & due to it peals paint off a car && just think we drink it :rolleyes: .. I know dry the plant out & then smoke it & then you wont have a care in the world of what it smelt like.. :cool:

Queen of Poop
10-06-2005, 11:00 AM
You could try roundup. One little spray should do it.

wolfsoul
10-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks everyone for your ideas. :) Turns out that she didn't just want the plants for decoration after all. :rolleyes: :( She ended up throwing out two of them because they were males and would mess up the female's budding. So luckily we only have one left, and the house doesn't smell anymore. I still hate the thing though. My friend told me not to put any bleach in it because my roomate will probably smoke it after it dies, and we don't know what the bleach would do to her. I'll keep on with the salt and coke. So far it hasn't done a thing!

NoahsMommy
10-11-2005, 11:04 PM
I don't have any suggestions other than sending it to me...I kill every plant I've ever met!!

Funny thread though. Thanks for the smile. :)

LuvGold00
10-11-2005, 11:06 PM
Male and Female plants?? I'm no plant expert, but that sounds strange to me. I didn't know some plants had sexes. You learn something new everyday I guess.

Twisterdog
10-12-2005, 08:33 AM
If I wanted to kill a plant, I would re-pot it in good soil in a bigger pot, water it well, give it fertilizer, put it in the light, talk to it and baby it.

Hey ... that's what I've tried with every plant I've ever had, and they all quickly died. ;)

Logan
10-12-2005, 09:37 AM
If I wanted to kill a plant, I would re-pot it in good soil in a bigger pot, water it well, give it fertilizer, put it in the light, talk to it and baby it.

Hey ... that's what I've tried with every plant I've ever had, and they all quickly died. ;)

You are too funny! :D

catnapper
10-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Bleach is perfectly safe if you kill the plant with it.... read on, you'll be shocked how much bleach we drink and eat in a day:

http://c3.org/chlorine_knowledge_center/life.html

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question189.htm

LOL... still laughing at this thread!

jackie
10-12-2005, 09:44 AM
The smell from one plant shouldn't be too bad. If she is gowing it to smoke, it takes about 50 days to mature, so she will probably harvest soon anyways. If you don't like the idea of her growing weed in the house, tell her, you pay the rent too, you should have a say.

smokey the elder
10-13-2005, 09:33 AM
You could always send it to me. I'll "dispose" of it for you... :D ;) :) :p

DJFyrewolf36
10-13-2005, 12:10 PM
You could always send it to me. I'll "dispose" of it for you... :D ;) :) :p

LOL Someone finally said it :D

But I have to agree with Jackie, it is YOUR house too! I think its rude to impose things upon your roomates without consuliting them.

Anita Cholaine
10-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Funny thread!:D

I think that if the salt and coke don't work, you should really think about telling her... Like Jackie said, you live there too, and if you don't like what she does, she should know it.......

smokey the elder
10-13-2005, 03:26 PM
There's a good reason why it's called "weed"...it'll be tough to kill.