PDA

View Full Version : Need prayers for my Auggie

auggie
10-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Auggie hasn’t eaten since Sunday and I’m so upset I can’t think straight.
I’ve tried her favorite shrimp, chicken, baby food and Nutrical. She just moves away from the plate and is mostly just lying around. Took her to the vet on Monday and she got an anti-nausea shot and clavamox. She felt a little bit more alert yesterday and would drink lots of water but still didn’t eat anything. Today I took her for a second opinion to another vet and the only thing he could find wrong was sore gums and teeth. She got a penicillin and anti-inflammatory shot. If she is not eating by Friday I have to take her back for complete blood work.
I’m asking for prayers please that there is nothing seriously wrong with her.
She is my heart kitty and such a tiny little thing. She already lost 2 ounces since Monday night.
Teeth cleaning and possible tooth extraction have been scheduled for Tuesday.

I just got over health problems with Phoenix. :(

Soapets
10-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Auggie will defininitely be in my thoughts and prayers, and so will you. It is so stressful when your fur-babies are sick..... Let us know how everything goes.

Deb

aly
10-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Auggie will be in my prayers. I'm so sorry she is going through this :(

We have lots of dogs and cats come into the clinic where I work who stop eating because of teeth problems. After the dental, they feel much better and go back to eating. I hope that is all that is wrong with your Auggie.

If you do have to resort to blood tests, you might want to ask about getting an ultrasound too.

Good luck and I'll be thinking of you, Auggie, and your whole skin & fur family.

wolflady
10-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Oh no! Poor Auggie. Prayers are on the way. Our family cat Socks had something similar happen when he had inflamed teeth/gums, and once the dental was done, he felt so much better. I hope the combo of a dental and anti-biotics help her to feel better! I know how stressful it can be when one's heart pet isn't feeling well. Please keep us updated.

**hugs**

catmandu
10-05-2005, 07:06 PM
That happened with John Hancock,and he lost almost all,of his teeth,in one fell swoop.
I know Auggie,will fare a lot better,and will soon be eating up,a storm,in no time,at all.
The Found Cats,are praying for Auggie,as am I.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos966.jpg

lizbud
10-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Hope the dental work she will be getting does the trick. The antibiotic
should help also. Poor little one, hope she stars to feel better soon.

Laura's Babies
10-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Get Well soon pretty girl!! There is nothing worse than a sick baby! They are our lives and our hearts and it is so stressful when they are not well!

AmberLee
10-05-2005, 07:20 PM
~~~ healthy, hungry vibes ~~~ being sent for sweet Auggie.

kuhio98
10-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Quiet, soothing voice ~ Auggie, you are getting hungry.... you are getting hungry.... Can cats be hypnotized?

Seriously, you and Auggie are in our thoughts and prayers.

jenluckenbach
10-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Prayers for Auggie.

Uabassoon
10-05-2005, 07:56 PM
I'm sending prayers your way that Auggie feels better and starts eating soon.

catnapper
10-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Oh no! I'd be worried too! I hope the medicines help her. I don't know what else to say... except that lots of prayers are on their way for her.

auggie
10-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Thank you so much for your prayers, everyone!
Still no change. The shot was supposed to make her want to eat.
She has been sleeping of and on every since we got home, somewhat drowsy. When she’s awake her tell is moving up and down, obliviously still feeling bad.
I’m so worried. Hope she feels better in the morning.
Aly, what would the ultrasound detect?

Nomilynn
10-06-2005, 02:50 AM
How old is she?

I'm concerned that your vet isn't asking for blood work sooner, unless it's obvious that her teeth are in bad shape and are painful. At this point, you may want to ask for the bloodwork anyway because if there is something else going on you may want to reconsider putting her under anesthetic.

I truly hope she feels better soon!

G535
10-06-2005, 03:18 AM
Sore teeth and gums are enough to stop anyone from eating, I hope that's all that's wrong with your kitty. Positive thoughts being sent her way.

jazzcat
10-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Poor Auggie, please feel better soon!

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Get better soon, Auggie!
Auggie is the first calico I met on PT; she is gorgeous!!

elizabethann
10-06-2005, 08:25 AM
I hope Auggie will be feeling better soon. Please keep us posted.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Oh no! Eat Auggie, eat!!! Please.....?

At this point I would try force feeding her. It's not fun and it's not pretty and she won't like you doing it, but she has to eat or the liver will start shutting down...I believe. Once that happens they end up with liver disease and that is very difficult to treat and is often....well.....we won't even go there.

What I did with Tubby was I got a syringe - without the needle - and sucked soft baby food into it. I then force his mouth open, shoved the syringe in and pushed the plunger. You do have to be careful to not choke her, but this was the most effective way for me to get food into Tubby.

I'm so glad you got a second opinion already too. I can see that you're being proactive and not waiting around until it's too late.

Come on Auggie....eat! :(

Donnaj4962
10-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Please start eating Auggie! Your meowmie is so worried, and so are all of your PT friends. Hugs and prayers that you are soon feeling much better! :)

Kirsten
10-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Poor Auggie!!!! Let's hope she "only" needs a dentist! :(

Whatever it is, I hope your vet will make her feel better soon!

Please try to eat, beautiful Auggie girl!!

Kirsten

Logan
10-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Angie, I know you are so worried, my friend. I don't know how I would react in a similar situation. I hope that it is related to dental issues and can be resolved easily. I can't remember how old the beautiful Auggie is either. :o

Hang in there and know that we are praying hard for a complete recovery!

Logan

rg_girlca
10-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Prayers and postivie thoughts on the way for your beautiful Auggie.

CalliesMom
10-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Please get better Auggie!