PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Newbees...

momoffuzzyfaces
03-19-2002, 01:50 PM
Lovemymaltese, Carla, Hobird58, Goochina & Goochissimo
WELCOME TO PET TALK!!!
I want to add Phoebe Guest to the Welcome list. Now you all don't be afraid to post. Just jump right in when you see something that interests you. We were all new once.
I hope you don't mind a big old WELCOME as a group. I just found you all this morning. I hope you love Pet Talk as Much as I do! If there are other new members I have missed (and I'm sure there are) consider this a WELCOME TO YOU TOO.:)

Logan
03-19-2002, 03:16 PM
Welcome everyone!!!! :D :D

Don't be shy, come in and tell us about yourselves!!! :)

Goochina & Goochissimo
03-19-2002, 03:44 PM
Awwwww... thanks...:D

About me... hmmmm...

I'm 26 and live in Houston. My name is Katie, and I have a dalmatian named Odie, a gray tabby/siamese mix named Delilah, and lots of freshwater and saltwater fish/invertibrates. I'm married and have one son, Nathaniel. We like camping, and I like going to school. I have a BS in Psychology, minor in American Cultures. I am *thisclose* to a second BA in History, and I also want to start a Master of Liberal Arts soon. I may be starting a continuing education class in Sign Language tonight... can you tell school is a hobby for me, lol? Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you, and I'm sorry there isn't anything INTERESTING to say about me.

~Katie.

LoudLou
03-19-2002, 03:48 PM
... Another Katie, .... well from one Katie to another- Welcome to the Board!.... Welcome ALL Newbees!:D-Kate/Katie

Goochina & Goochissimo
03-19-2002, 03:56 PM
OOOOH, and I wanted to tell you the reason I'm Goochina & Goochissimo. It's not all that funny, but humor me here. :p

When he was learning to talk, my son made up the word goochy (like Gucci). It has several meanings -- it was originally a verb meaning to tickle (I'm gonna goochy you), then it evolved into an adjective meaning cute, as in something you wanted to goochy/tickle (Aw, that puppy is so goochy).

Thus, eventually my cat Delilah aquired many nicknames, among them Goochina (because she was "goochy"). And if my 4-lb kitty was Goochina, it stands to reason that my big dopey dalmation was Goochissimo (issimo as in the Spanish suffix, so that he was very big and very goochy).

Ok, I feel better now having shared. Anyone else wanna share the significance of their usernames?

momoffuzzyfaces
03-19-2002, 04:27 PM
I'm Mom of Fuzzy faces becase that's what I am; mom to four cats, Leroy, Leonardo, Luke, and Chester. Also, foster mom to one stray, Grandma, and her assorted friends. I can't imagine a life without at least one fuzzy face in it.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2002, 04:54 PM
Hmmm.....let me see....Tubby - adjective (?) as in, look at the tubby kitty, or noun as in, Tubby is a kitty. Peanut - noun as in, Peanut is a kitty, and adjective (?) adverb(?) as in, look at the peanut colored kitty. Mom - noun as in, feeding, cleaning up after, disciplining, taking care of, smooching on, doting on and generally loving and spoiling Tubby and Peanut. ;)

Sorry, Katie, but I just love people who know the origins of words and other languages and all that good stuff. I'm not that good at it, and it really intrigues me. Terry's boss is Scottish, and all you have to do is tell him a name and he can tell you the national origin of the person, and what the word means, usually meaning what their ancient relatives did for a living. I guess in my next life I'll have to go into this line of work myself. :)

Welcome everyone to Pet Talk. I just joined a week ago? :eek: Is that all? :eek: Ok, maybe two weeks ago now, and I love it here. Hope you do too!

tatsxxx11
03-19-2002, 04:57 PM
Welcome to all the newbies!!!:D Amazing how quickly you'll find yourself raised to rank of "pillar!":D Looking forward to hearing all about you and your furkids! This is a very special place that will draw you in like a magnet!!!!:) Ok, you've been warned! Welcome all!!!

wolflady
03-19-2002, 06:27 PM
WELCOME! WELCOME!
To all new members. Prepare to become addicted! Warning! You may need help with the FAA (Fur Addicts Anonymous) LOL :D

momoffuzzyfaces, that username always makes me smile because I always think of little kitty heads:D So cute!!!

Goochina, I like it, I like it!! Thanks for the explanation! LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one that has different "words" for certain things. My sister and I have our own "language" and often get wierd looks from people when we talk in our "language"! LOL

Lessee...my username is wolflady because I love wolves and I was blessed to actually get to work hands on with them at Wolf Park (http://www.wolfpark.org) when I was in college. I'm also known as Marius's Mom!:D
Again, welcome to all newbies and any 'lurkers' out there who might be joining soon!:D

Karen
03-19-2002, 08:04 PM
Thanks, I wondered about the Goochy names! I figured it was something to do with your pets, though! :)

Welcome everyone, to the wonderful world of Pet Talk!

Sudilar
03-19-2002, 08:54 PM
WELCOME ALL!!

Gio
03-20-2002, 02:30 AM
Welcome from me too!:)

Crikit
03-20-2002, 10:28 PM
HOWDY all you new people! Now really why am I using howdy all of a sudden? it's not even stampede time I mean yeah at stampede time I can use howdy and even Yahoo (if you live where I live it is mandatory to know how to say howdy and yahoo the proper way) anyways I'm rambling which you'll find I do a lot of, but nobody has complained maybe they think it's one of my endearing qualities ;) or they think I'm really weird and they don't want to say anything to me for fear that I will smite them...smite such a cool word but I don't actually do that smite I mean I don't smite and if I ever did then it wouldn't be a smiting it would be a smoting and that's just not as fun to say.

But I welcome you and the dogs welcome you, they would type that themselves but they've been grounded for trying to start a doggie uprising against baths, they thought I didn't know but I did, oh yes I did.

Oh and my nickname is Crikit it doesn't have anything to do with my real name (Tracy) or my dogs (Smudge and Winter) it's just something someone at work called me a few times as a joke and it stuck sort of and the spelling is well I can't spell.

Former User
03-21-2002, 02:58 AM
WELCOMEto all our new members!! Prepare to have plenty of fun and to become addicted to this site! :D :D

Our user name Casper and Kitty means the names of our 2 cats. I'm Niina, and I keep posting mostly from our family, my husband takes care of the technical stuff, or any fancy stuff you see in the postings from us. ;)