PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket Problems?

anna_66
10-05-2005, 05:34 PM
All day long I've not been able to see any pictures from photobucket and I'm getting a little annoyed and puzzled :confused:
I figured if it were down no one would be able to see pictures or be able to access their site, but Robin is able to but not me...what's up with that? Anyone have any thoughts?

Laura's Babies
10-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Now that I think about it, several times today and yesterday, when I uploaded pictures and resized them, I got a "X" instead of the picture. I clicked on the box that was "X'ed out and it brought the larger picture up then when I went back, the picture (thumbnail) was back... Maybe it is a problem with PB?

Ginger's Mom
10-05-2005, 06:26 PM
I am glad I decided to open this before PMing Karen. Anna, I have had the same problem, sort of, and it hasn't been just today. There are some threads that I cannot see the pictures on at all. I have tried reloading, and I have tried quoting to see if it would show up in my post. There also is not a square with an x in it, like there used to be. I don't think it is photobucket though, because on some threads I can see pictures with no problem and they say loading from photobucket. I honestly don't have a clue what it is. But at least I know I am not alone. Since I really am not very computer literate, I would be open to suggestions. Thanks for bringing this up, Anna.

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Hmm...my photobucket appears to be working, as some of my siggy immages come from there...let me try to post a picture...

My favorite picture of my boy.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/DJFyrewolf36/November%20kitties/MVC-089F.jpg

EDIT: Well it appears to be working on my end. I can see the picture I posted...can anyone else? I've noticed too lately that sometimes photobucket appears to be "down" and no pictures from there show up in posts. I haven't had this problem in particular with my pictures, but some accounts just don't seem to be accessing correctly. I read just now in Photobuckets announcements section that they are currently having ISP issues...so the problem is on thier end! I hope this helps!

Ginger's Mom
10-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Nope, can't see him. :(

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Hmmm, like I said, it must be on thier end. I don't understand though why I can see the picture just fine but no one else can :confused: . Can you see my siggy images or are those X's too?

Ginger's Mom
10-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Okay I just tried something. My nephew set up my browser as Mozilla Firefox. So I just opened a different window just using my computer to do a computer search and got onto Pet Talk. I can now see pictures I couldn't see before. Does anyone else have Mozilla Firefox. Could they be the problem?

Oh and to answer your other question DJFyrewolf36, yes, your siggies show up just fine. I really am totally clueless as to what the problem is.

Edited to add: Now I see him. Handsome boy. :)

aly
10-05-2005, 06:49 PM
I've been having Photobucket problems galore today! On another forum, I haven't been able to see ANY Photobucket pictures all day. I even tried going to Photobucket's website and couldn't connect to the main page. I have no clue what is going on with it, but I hope it gets fixed soon! I'll try Firefox and see if it works.

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2005, 06:53 PM
It could be an internet explorer issue. I know that in the past, Photobucket has had problems displaying images in IE but not in Mozilla or Netscape.

Kfamr
10-05-2005, 07:52 PM
It's been the same for me. No photobucket on ANY forums or even if I try copy and pasting the URL.

Anita Cholaine
10-05-2005, 08:24 PM
This is weird :confused: I've uploading pics on Photobucket the whole day, and I'm not having any problem with it..........

Jessika
10-05-2005, 08:26 PM
I CAN NOT STAND Photobucket!! Their servers are always going down, or are so slow that pictures take forever to load!!

As an alternative I STRONGLY suggest you guys look into using zoto.com You get TWO GIGABYTES of space in which to store your images!!

PS: And PB has more than one server, so if one server goes down but not another, that's why some images will show up and some won't. Likewise, accounts are located on different servers, which is why some are able to access their accounts and upload images and why others can't.

catnapper
10-05-2005, 08:37 PM
No problems at all today or the past few days... which is odd because I always seem to have problems when nobody else is! :p

luvofallhorses
10-05-2005, 08:38 PM
I see everything just fine. :) I hope they can fix this problem.

chocolatepuppy
10-05-2005, 08:49 PM
I hope they get it fixed soon, there's lots on new pictures on here I can't see. :(

anna_66
10-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Phew! That makes me feel better to know it's not just me. It's 11:50 pm here and I still can't see any pictures from photobucket or connect to their website:( Hopefully they will have this problem fixed asap!

Jessika, thanks for the suggestion on using zoto.com...I'll give it a try tomorrow when I have time:)

PJ's Mom
10-05-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm having the same problem and have been all day.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-06-2005, 04:02 AM
Hm... I can get on the website of Photobucket! Let's try if I can insert a pic here
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/aan9.jpg

Seems to be working fine for me :)

chocolatepuppy
10-06-2005, 05:15 AM
I still can't see most of the pictures on here. :( I guess I'll just go to work. ;)

anna_66
10-06-2005, 09:42 AM
I still can't see most of the pictures on here. :( I guess I'll just go to work. ;)
Don't feel bad...neither can I:(

Jadapit
10-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Hmmm that is really strange! I can see everyones pictures. I wonder whats up with that? Computers can be so mind boggling at times. For me anyway. ;) I'm using msn explorer. I hope you all can see the pictures soon!

Jessika
10-06-2005, 12:38 PM
lol if anyone had read my reply you would understand why its doing that...

finn's mom
10-06-2005, 12:44 PM
PS: And PB has more than one server, so if one server goes down but not another, that's why some images will show up and some won't. Likewise, accounts are located on different servers, which is why some are able to access their accounts and upload images and why others can't.

Is that why certain people can't see any photos on Pet Talk, though? I mean, you're saying some can access their accounts, and, some can't...and, then, you're saying you can see some pictures, but, not others. That's not really the problem some of the people are experiencing...unless I'm misunderstanding...that might be why people are still puzzled. Not because they didn't read your reply, but, maybe because they're experiencing a different scenario than what you're referring to...just a thought. :) I can see all of them fine, by the way.

Jessika
10-06-2005, 12:50 PM
finn's mom, I don't know how familiar you are with the term "propogating", but when a website or server goes up or down, it might take awhile for the changes to be reflected world-wide since the change has to hit every server in every country, and that takes some time. It can take up to 72 hours sometimes.

When you first purchase a domain name and "point" that domain to your hosting, it can take up to 72 hours for every server world wide to be updated with the change. So when some people visit it within that time, some will still see the old host while others will see the new host.

I really don't know how to explain it, I mean, I know exactly what I'm talking about and that IS what is going on. It all has to do with servers being updated with the change from photobucket's servers being up or down, where you're located, etc.

finn's mom
10-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I really don't know how to explain it, I mean, I know exactly what I'm talking about and that IS what is going on. It all has to do with servers being updated with the change from photobucket's servers being up or down, where you're located, etc.

Cool, I don't really get it, and, it doesn't really make a difference to me, personally. ;) But, the only reason I said anything is because the examples you gave of problems experienced from this happening weren't the problem that some of the people here were experiencing. That's all I was saying. :)

Jessika
10-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Yeah it did; some said they couldn't view pictures or log into their accounts and others said they could, and that's because some servers are down while others are still up. lol.

finn's mom
10-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah it did; some said they couldn't view pictures or log into their accounts and others said they could, and that's because some servers are down while others are still up. lol.

Ok, I was referring to the problem where certain people couldn't see any photos on Pet Talk or anywhere else if they were taken from Photobucket. lol

Jessika
10-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Ok, I was referring to the problem where certain people couldn't see any photos on Pet Talk or anywhere else if they were taken from Photobucket. lol

That's exactly what I was explaining..... I did describe the problem... perhaps you just don't understand??

finn's mom
10-06-2005, 01:26 PM
I CAN NOT STAND Photobucket!! Their servers are always going down, or are so slow that pictures take forever to load!!

As an alternative I STRONGLY suggest you guys look into using zoto.com You get TWO GIGABYTES of space in which to store your images!!

Jessika, this is the only post I was going by. I don't understand all the technical stuff you're talking about causing these problems...you're right, I'm not computer savvy like you obviously are. But, the problems you're stating here...some images showing up and some not, that's not the same as only certain people not seeing any photos from photobucket on pet talk, because it's not that they're only seeing certain images and not others, they're saying they're not seeing any of them...and, some people being able to access their accounts and upload images and others not being able to...also, not the same as certain people not seeing any photos from photobucket on pet talk. And, yes, it is the same as the people saying they can't access their accounts and upload images, sorry I missed that some people were experiencing that problem. I was only referring to the fact that there are some people not seeing any images from photobucket. :) And, if we're just going back and forth, not making sense to one another, that's all right. It's hard to get my point across to you and vice versa. So, if this doesn't explain what I was trying to say, I give up, because it's not that big a deal, anyway. I'm just bored, and, thought I'd point out why people might still be questioning what was going on. Not necessarily because they hadn't read your post. The End. :)

Jessika
10-06-2005, 01:30 PM
My original reply DOES explain the problem.

If they aren't seeing images on Pet Talk, then they won't be able to see images on other websites either. If they're not seeing ANY images, then.. once again, servers are down for them. It's all about server up and down time and photobucket's servers have been known to go down a lot.

LOL I understand you don't understand, I DO understand what you're saying, and my original reply does explain the problem. O_o

EDIT: Ah well, you're right its just talking in circles and obviously I can't explain it well enough to make you understand and vice versa so instead of just talking back and forth lets just call it a day because, honestly, is this really something to get frustrated and worked up over?? :)

wolf_Q
10-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Well I uploaded a bunch of pictures to post on photobucket last night and decided to just post them today. Now I can't access the site at all. So nevermind the pics....won't be happeneing for a while! :rolleyes:

It's strange that I can see my signature but not the gift swap pics I just posted...they are all on the same account.

anna_66
10-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Well I "think" I understand what your saying Jessika;) And hopefully I'll be able to see all the cute pictures people have posted the last couple of days...I'm going crazy without my PT picture fix:D

And if this helps Finn's mom, no..I can't access PB and can't see ANY pictures from it either.

Amy, I can't even see your sig! But I can see mine;) I uploaded it to Zoto .(thanks again Jessika:))

finn's mom
10-06-2005, 01:55 PM
And if this helps Finn's mom, no..I can't access PB and can't see ANY pictures from it either

ha ha, thanks, anna. it's no big deal...like i said, i don't know computers, so, i didn't get the reasoning, i just thought i might try to help jessika see that maybe people weren't not reading her post. i can still see the photos, so, it's cool for me, anyway. that sucks that it's not working for so many others, though.

Kfamr
10-06-2005, 01:58 PM
This is really pissing me off. I'm missing being able to see pictures! :( Has anyone e-mailed photobucket?

aly
10-06-2005, 01:59 PM
ARRRGGGGGHHH! This is so frustrating for me! Still can't see photos or log onto their website. It has been about 36 hours now, geez!

anna_66
10-06-2005, 02:01 PM
This is really pissing me off. I'm missing being able to see pictures! :( Has anyone e-mailed photobucket?
I was thinking the same thing...maybe someone who can access PB can post their email address for us:)

Jessika
10-06-2005, 02:01 PM
anna_66, the only way to contact PB is by a form on their site, so if you can't access their site you won't be able to contact them. There is no contact email visible :(

Good luck, they probably delete every one they get or get SO MANY they obviously can't reply to them all... :(

That's why I recommend zoto.com guys! 2GB of space and very friendly staff that actually listens to your problems. Not to mention the site is hardly EVER down.

aly
10-06-2005, 02:02 PM

I wanted to email them, but I can't even access their site to get the email address. Maybe someone who can get on the site can email and complain for us :) I would just like to know when this will be resolved.

Kfamr
10-06-2005, 02:03 PM
That's why I recommend getting your own server and space. ;)

Anything else sucks anymore.

aly
10-06-2005, 02:06 PM
That is the crappy thing for me. I have my own server, but all the photos I want to see are from people hosting them on Photobucket, arrrrghghghghgghh! There are some picture contests on another site that I wanted to vote for, but can't now because of this mess.

Jessika
I don't know if you are able to access the forums, and I don't know what browser you all are using (Internet Explorer I assume, but I recommend using FireFox instead, its SO much safer and secure) but here is some help from their forum...

http://forums.photobucket.com/showpost.php?p=65606&postcount=3
(I would post the whole post but its VERY long and lots of URLs would get cut off)

And here is a post created by other PB members experiencing the SAME problem as some of you:
http://forums.photobucket.com/showthread.php?t=7485

Then again if you are unable to access the site chances are likely you will be unable to access the forums, too :(

CalliesMom
I'm glad I noticed this as I thought something was wrong with my computer. I also cannot see any Photobucket pictures!!

Jessika
10-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Here's your answer, guys, to why you're having problems.

http://blog.photobucket.com

October 06, 2005
Photobucket Network Update

If you didn't know, yesterday two Tier 1 providers got into a feud and cut off traffic to eachothers network.

Read article here (http://news.com.com/Network+feud+leads+to+Net+blackout/2100-1038_3-5889592.html)

Unfortunately Photobucket was one of the thousands of sites effected. We have talked with both Cogent and Level 3, but it doesn't look like it will be fixed anytime soon. Rather than sit back and wait for it to all get sorted out, we have taken some drastic steps to work towards our own resolution.

- Overnighted some additional network equipment as of yesterday
- Moved our dns over to Ultradns (which is used by amazon, myspace, etc) . This gives us some flexibility on how we handle traffic from the two networks.
- Working frantically on bringing up another carrier so we can start pushing 'non-resolvable' traffic that direction.

We believe this will solve many or all of the issues regardless of what happens with Cogent and Level 3.

Thanks for understanding, Photobucket got the worst of a bad situation that is totally out of our control.

Alex

October 05, 2005
Network Issue

It appears there is a peering issue with some of the network providers. We are looking into this.

http://scoreboard.keynote.com/scoreboard/Main.aspx?Login=Y&Username=public&Password=public

We'll keep you posted.

Alex

So they changed their DNS and it could take 72 hours for changes to take effect... exactly what I've been saying all along xD

aly
10-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks Jessika, that was very helpful to know. I was really wanting to read that, but can't access the forums either. So thanks for posting! :)

Jessika
10-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Well that's posted on their "blog", not on the support forums and I didn't find it until after I posted that stuff about the forums hehe.

aly
10-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Well, same thing because I can't access the blog either :p

Jessika
10-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Well I assumed nobody would be able to access that, either, since its on the same domain the main site is on, that's why I quoted the two blogs talking bout the problem and posted the link as a source :P

I hope they get it fixed though, I'm just glad I don't use photobucket to host my pictures :)

anna_66
10-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Jessika, thanks so much for taking the time to find and post this for us all to see. Not necessarily that I totally understand it, but it's nice to see it in black & white:)
Don't think I'll be using them anymore since you turned me onto zoto..thanks!

Jessika
10-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Oh its not a problem... I figured I could access the site so it was only fair to those of you who couldn't!!

And isn't zoto GREAT? <3

wolf_Q
10-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Is Zoto free?

Jessika
10-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Yes it is, and like Photobucket, they have a paid version too. If you pay you get more space, you get 5GB instead of 2GB, but still, 2GB is A LOT of space, for free! :)

Jadapit
10-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Jessika,
I went to zoto to sign up it keeps telling me the security keys dont match. :confused: I'm typing them in excatly like they are. What could be the problem? Any ideas?

Jessika
10-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Jadapit, are you typing them in caps lock or lower case? I'm not sure but they MAY be case-sensitive.

If you continue to have problems, you can PM me and perhaps I can try to set up the account for you?

Jadapit
10-06-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm typing them in lower case. I will try again later, if I cant get it to work I will pm you. Thanks for the offer thats really nice of you. :D

Jessika
10-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Oh its no problem, let me know! :D

anna_66
10-06-2005, 08:24 PM
WOO HOO!!!! I can see pictures:D:D:D

Cinder & Smoke
10-06-2005, 10:48 PM
I went to zoto to sign up it keeps telling me the security keys dont match. :confused:
I'm typing them in excatly like they are...

... I'm typing them in lower case.

Most "security keys" are a combination of random UPPER and lower case
letters with a numerical character or two tossed in ...

You have to re-type EACH letter in the proper UPPER or lower case as it
appears.

Jessika
10-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Most "security keys" are a combination of random UPPER and lower case
letters with a numerical character or two tossed in ...

You have to re-type EACH letter in the proper UPPER or lower case as it
appears.

Some are, some aren't. I've experimented and typed them in all-caps or all-lowercase before and MOST haven't made a difference. However I don't remember with Zoto if its case-sensitive or not, and I can't test it to see because I'd have to create another account and I don't want to do that lol