PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful News About Starr!!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-05-2005, 01:06 AM
Hi, I thought that I'd also post this here since many of you don't go to cat health. Starr's urinalysis is now normal and his ringworm culture is negative so he's now a very happy and healthy kitten. :D He's also going in for his neutering tomorrow morning so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He's a doublecrypt orchid so it'll be more like a spay than a neuter. I drop him off around 7am and I'll be able to pick him up on my way home from work. I'll be worrying about him but I know he'll be in great hands. Thanks. :)

koxka
10-05-2005, 01:17 AM
Being a *Starr* who needs flowers :D

We know you'll do great, handsome boy. :)

Don Juan's mom
10-05-2005, 01:25 AM
hey kid it's not too late

don't make my mistake and go quietly and just enjoy that little nap at the vets office

you are a tomcat you got b***s you gotta keep your b***s otherwise how can you keep your tail proud and vertical if they're gonna take your b***s you gotta make them fight for them both of them that doctor should come away with stitches got that

wait a minute mom and zerlina are saying i carry my tail vertical anyway

oh well you got a nice mom and uncles and a girlfriend

if ive made peace with it i guess its ok for you too

yr friend don juan

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-05-2005, 02:40 AM
What is "doublecrypt orchid" exactly, Debbie? Does it mean his "jingle bells" are still inside?
Don't worry, sweet Starr, you don't need your royal jewels, tails up is ALWAYS sexy, "toys" or no "toys" ;) :)

jenluckenbach
10-05-2005, 05:11 AM
Glad that Starr got a clean bill of health. Good luck with the neuter.

furrykidsmother
10-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Glad Starr is doing so much better. Good luck little boy!

jazzcat
10-05-2005, 09:26 AM
That is great news abouth is health. It's been a long time coming!

Prayers and positive thoughts that the neuter goes well. I'm sure it will and you'll have your little baby back home and 100% in no time.

catmandu
10-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Starr,is getting a Standing MMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOWING OVATION,from The Found Cats,Starry Cats,Rehomed Starrys,and Angels,and we are so happy,that that Little One,has a clean Bill Of Health!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos244.jpg

Donnaj4962
10-05-2005, 09:45 AM
I am so happy to see that Starr has FINALLY gotten that clean bill of health! :::breathing a sigh of relief!:::

He has been through so much already, and I am sending loving thoughts and prayers your way for an easy recovery from the neutering. I know it is hard while they are at the white coats and you can't be there also. But know your loved one is in good hands!

K & L
10-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Starr's already been in great hands! I'm glad to hear this update and wish him the best tomorrow! GOOD LUCK!!

Laura's Babies
10-05-2005, 10:50 AM
GREAT news about Star! Once he gets his nip tomorrow, he will start filling out and become a BIG BOY fast! Sure has been through a lot already and it is time for him to be just another normal kitty baby.

krazyaboutkatz
10-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks everyone. :D Yes Lut a doublecrypt orchid means that his testicles never descended so they're still inside of him. :( This makes his surgery more difficult but the doctor performing it has lots of experience. :) I'll update you more tonight.

catnapper
10-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Yay Starr! I'm so glad the ringworm is finally over - what a long bout he's had with it! Good luck little one on your very delicate surgery.

wolflady
10-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Yay! What a relief!

**hugs**

Edwina's Secretary
10-05-2005, 12:16 PM
What a Starr!!!!

Logan
10-05-2005, 12:44 PM
What a Starr!!!!

Need I say more? Tracey, I hope everything will go well with the neutering/whatever!!! :eek: It's time for this boy to get to enjoy life, isn't it? :)

Logan

kuhio98
10-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Star ~ I'm sure everything will go well. I'll be thinking of you....

AmberLee
10-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Good luck Starr!!! We're rooting for YOU!

>^._.^< Cassy and
>^._.^< Livvy!!!

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Yippie! I'm glad the Starr boy has a clean bill of health!

Hugs and headbumpies going out for you and Starr. Good thoughts on the way for an easy nuter!

orangemm
10-05-2005, 05:07 PM
That is great news! Don't worry, Starr, you will be just fine. A little 'snip snip' and it will all be over.

Headbumpies and scritches from two guys!!

CalliesMom
10-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Fantastic!! Do you think we could get some pictures now?

Uabassoon
10-05-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm so happy to hear that Starr finally got a clean bill of health! I'm guessing you'll be picking him up from his sirjury soon. I hope he has a speedy recovery!

RICHARD
10-05-2005, 05:59 PM
cryptorchidism-
Failure of one or both testicles to descend into the scrotum.

It's one word, Two Jingle Bells!

Med Terminiology is alot of 'put together' words.

Crypt is another word for tomb or means buried.
Orchids are....uh.......well...Something that goes in a corsage??? :rolleyes: :eek: :p :cool: :D :confused:

Soapets
10-05-2005, 06:21 PM
It's so wonderful to hear that he has a clean bill of health now! The surgery tomorrow will add a little more $$ to the "bill" of health, but once that's over with he should be all set to live a long, happy, full, fun life! We'll be thinking of you tomorrow Starr, and we know you'll be a brave boy. This will be a "piece of cake" compared to what all else you've been through! ;)

Deb

krazyaboutkatz
10-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Thanks for all of your concerns and nice comments. :) Starr's surgery went very well. :D One of his testicles had actually already descended so it wasn't as difficult a surgery as the doctor had thought. The other one was way up inside of him beyond his tummy. He now has a blue fabric e-collar, a shaved tummy, and lots of blue stitches. He's on clavamox 2 times a day for the next 7 days and rimadyl 1/4 of a pill 1 time a day for pain for the next 8 days.

He was the last surgery of the day so he wasn't operated on until around 2pm or so. I picked him up a little bit before 7pm and he's still very groggy and tired. I was also told to start him on both pills tonight. He just wants to sleep and he's also been purring very loudly. I'm sure he'll be hungry and thirsty tomorrow morning. His brothers and sister were all very interested in seeing him. Storm thought he smelled bad so he started hissing at him.

I have him in a large dog crate and I'm hoping to be able keep him confined in here as long as possible. He goes back on Sat. Oct.15th to have his stitches removed. I hope that he'll heal quickly and won't have any complications. Here are two pictures that I took of him tonight. He felt more comfortable lying in his litterbox than in the small bed that I put in the cage for him. I also tried to take a picture of stitches but if didn't turn out very clearly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/98cda559.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/f1529c55.jpg

gini
10-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Oh Tracey, bless his heart........I hope that all went well and he will soon be home and acting like the true kitten that he is.

My Sugar (first cat that owned me) also had testicles that had not dropped.
But he was with me for over 18 years.

He did father a litter at the request of a good friend. Sugar was all white with blue eyes - and her cat was all white with gold eyes. She had five kittens............four all pure white - and one dark tabby. I always wish that I had been able to keep the tabby, but I was pushing it by even having a cat in my apartment in the first place.

K & L
10-06-2005, 05:52 AM
Bless his heart! Glad all went well and Starr is now a happy healthy cat! Great work Tracey!!

sasvermont
10-06-2005, 07:05 AM
What a sweet photo. He looks resigned to staying putt!

I hope his recovery is quick and effortless for you. I also hope he cooperates with you when you try to pill him!

((((((((((((((((Starr)))))))))))))))))))))

;)

P. S.

This is a post from about 6 months ago....about the soft blue collar my cat Lucy had to wear after her spaying....

"Lucy, the little black barn cat sailed right through her spaying. She has totally recovered and is as sweet as usual. She did do one really funny thing though. After a few days of wearing the ecollar (soft blue one......because she put her front right paw through the neck of the hard plastic one, along with her neck!!!) she seemed to be fine without the ecollar so I took it off and placed it on the coffee table. A couple of nights after I removed the collar, she got up on the table, put her furry head into the opening of the ecollar (soft one) and put the darn thing back on, all by herself. She walked around as proud as could be for about an hour. It fell off in the kitchen. She didn't repeat this, so I figure it was by accident. What a little goof ball."

Randi
10-06-2005, 07:41 AM
Tracey, what a relief that the surgery went well. :) I hope he'll heal fast and be back to normal in no time.

He looks so sweet there in his litterbox.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Awww....poor little guy...looks absolutely beat after such an ordeal. I do find it interesting how cats like to sleep in their litterboxes - what's up with that? :confused:

Soft smoochies to Starr. Here's hoping he's feeling much better today and the healing goes well and it's all a bad memory real soon. :)

I don't remember....is Lily spayed already? Hope so because it seems like you've just been spending way too much time at the vet's lately, Tracey. Here's hoping everything goes well with Starr and your whole crew stays healthy for awhile - just to give you a break from worrying about them all the time. :)

Killearn Kitties
10-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Aww, look at him! Poor baby. Sending lots of healing vibes to Starr. I hope he feels better in no time! :)

AmberLee
10-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Awwwww, one little tear trickled down my face at the sight of those stitches. I hope Starr is back to his peppy little self soon.

{{{hugs!}}}

krazyaboutkatz
10-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks everyone. :D Debbie, yes Pearl was already spayed before I adopted her. ;) Starr's doing very well and he managed to get one of paws through the front of his e-collar. I put it back through and then a few minutes later he had taken it off and was trying to lick his stitches. :eek: I put it back on and tried to tie it much tighter and I looped the shoestring around his neck and knotted it so hopefully it'll now stay in place. Starr has a very good appetite and is also much more active today. I don't know how much longer he'll let me keep in confined in the cage so I'll just play it by ear. :)

K & L
10-06-2005, 12:40 PM
I don't remember....is Lily spayed already? :)
I'm assuming you meant Pearl, and yes we had her spayed, vaccinated, tested, micro-chipped, the whole shebang before we adopt out! She was good to go when Tracey got her! :)

rg_girlca
10-06-2005, 02:01 PM
That is such great new that Starr is finally back to health and that his surgery went well.

I'm glad he is feeling better and that picture of him in his collar is too darn adorable.

Keep that collar on Starr and leave those stitchies alone now, ya hear. :)

Don Juan's mom
10-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Oh, Starr, don't take off your collar! You look so handsome in it. Much nicer than those icky white plastic ones.

I was a bit upset seeing those stitches too. Zerlina says don't worry, the fur will grow back in NO time, and now you don't have to worry about getting "in trouble." :confused: :confused: :D

Don Juan offers his most sincere condolences. :(

And Aunt Liz says GET WELL SOON!

:D :D

Catsnclay
10-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Tracey, When Yoshi had his surgery he loved sleeping in his hammock, it didn't put any weight on his surgical parts and he slept throughout the nights in that. If you don't have a hammock, they are really easy to make for temporary usage.

I am so glad to hear that this surgery is finally over with! And the same with the ringworm! You must be breathing a nice sigh of relief

momcat
10-06-2005, 04:26 PM
So good to know that Starr ain't broke even though he's gonna get fixed.....

slick
10-06-2005, 09:39 PM
So good to know that Starr ain't broke even though he's gonna get fixed..... :D :D :D Too funny!
Good news Tracey. OMD, I'm sorry, I don't mean to poke fun, but that picture of him with the blue collar on is so.....so.....how do I put it.....so transgender!!! Poor little guy. Get well soon little one.

NoahsMommy
10-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Awwww, I'm sorry Tracey and Starr that I just saw this thread!

GREAT news that he recieved a clean bill of health and that he's well on his way to recovering from his spay/neuter.

Gentle hugs to you both. :)

Hugs,
Kelly :)

AmberLee
10-06-2005, 11:55 PM
You might not want to mention this to Starr, but I think he looks like a flower in that blue collar!!!

How's the little guy doing tonight?

krazyaboutkatz
10-07-2005, 01:10 AM
Starr's doing well and he kept his e-collar on all day. :) He was very hungry and thirsty this evening and was also very good while I gave him his pills. The e-collar sure helps me while I'm pilling him because he can't get his paws up to me to bat the pills away. :) He jumped up on one of the cat condos in my bedroom so he must be feeling pretty good. He was also trying to scratch the e-collar because it must be very itchy. The vets office left me a message on my answering machine and they wanted to know how he's doing. I don't know why they didn't call me at work. I got home late so I'll call them and let them know tomorrow. I hope that Oct.15th will come quickly so he can hurry up and have his stitches removed. :)

CalliesMom
10-07-2005, 03:05 AM
Awwww..he looks so cute in his pictures. Poor guy, but the stitches will be out shortly and he'll be back to his normal self in no time.

Grace
10-07-2005, 10:11 PM
I hope that Oct.15th will come quickly so he can hurry up and have his stitches removed. :)

I wonder why they don't use dissolvable sutures? Both of our girls, Reese and Abby, had that type when they were spayed. So much nicer than the ones that have to be removed.

krazyaboutkatz
10-07-2005, 11:14 PM
I wonder why they don't use dissolvable sutures? Both of our girls, Reese and Abby, had that type when they were spayed. So much nicer than the ones that have to be removed.
Probably because he has 14 stitches which I'm sure is more than a typical spay. Starr's doing very well and has much more energy today. It's going to be very hard to confine him until Oct. 15th but I'm going to try my best. :) Pearl was trying to attack Starr's e-collar. I guess she thinks that it's a new play toy.

rg_girlca
10-07-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm so glad to hear how well Starr is doing. That must be a hoot seeing Pearl trying to play with his e-collar. :)

Lightning SuperCat
10-08-2005, 06:30 AM
I'm happy that Starr is okay and his surgery went well!!! Starr, listen to your meowmie and keep that blue collar on, hear me? ;) Ihope you'll be felling better soon and the stitches come out nicely!! :D (((HUGS)))

AmberLee
10-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Looking forward to seeing my little furry nephews and niece tomorrow.

Whoohooo! Starr -- be warned... you are getting a smootchie on your noggin before auntie Amber leaves!

Killearn Kitties
10-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Oh oh oh !!!!! You are so lucky Auntie Amber!! Please give all those sweet babies a kissy from me too! Particulary baby Starr after his operation ... and baby Pearl, who is just the most beautiful darling ... and Storm who is Daisy's sweetheart ... and Sky who I'd love to snuggle, he looks so fluffy ... and Sunny who is so handsome!!

TopCat3
10-09-2005, 02:49 AM
Well in spite of all those stitches and the collar, Starr looked quite comfortable sleeping there in his litter box. The great thing about cats is how quickly they are bouncing around after surgery. I think we believe they'll take as long/feel as sore as we do but it just doesn't seem to be the same for them as for us. I'm glad to hear Starr is very much up and about, and I'm sure he'll continue to mend quickly and it's only now five days more and he can have those stitches out (if he doesn't start eating them out himself :rolleyes: ) So best of luck dear little Starr for a happy and healthy and speedy recovery. Now your not-so-good days are behind you and you can look forward to a long and healthy life. The TopCats send their love and nuzzles for you. Hugs.

jenluckenbach
10-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Starr, that is quite a large incision for a little guy. But you look adorable in your blue E-collar. Now NO licking!!!