PDA

View Full Version : The bug guy came to kill the Cockroaches & gave me advice & bad news :(

king2005
10-04-2005, 10:18 AM
The bug guy was really nice. He said I have to move out of this housing the whole company has roaches. He said all the people living in these houses live in filth & the Roaches breed & feed like mad in those houses & no matter what I do, the Roaches will come back because of them.

He snuck me a tube of paste & told me to keep it hidden from the Super & the company, he's not allowed to give or loan them out. He asked why I moved into this place & I said Rob got a job in Mississauga & we had 2 weeks to find a home & we found this place online & moved in. The company didn't tell us it was infested with Roaches.

The bug guy said he'll come back when we're ready to spray. I have to cover the fish tanks, turn off their filters & remove the turtle & ourselves from the place for 4 hours :( He's going to spray REALLY good for us & do the couches so we wont have to toss them out & under our bed.

When he handed me the tube of paste, he told me to get out of this place. He said you people are far too nice, clean & good to be living in this place. He said there are loads of nice places in Mississauga.

He also said 3:1 bleach:water will help get rid of them. it wont kill them but they hte it & stay away from it. So I have to buy a squirt bottle today & spray every crack & surface in the kitchen.

This really sucks :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Oops, that isn't very good news, is it... :( . That was a real nice guy, I think it is better to follow his advize.... I know that moving is a big hassle, but I wouldn't stay in that building one minute to much! I hope you can find a nice clean place in the neighbourhood; it will make you much happier :)
Just be careful not to move any of those MONSTERS :rolleyes:

GOOD LUCK!!

kuhio98
10-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Guess it's time to start asking around for a better place to live. Maybe Rob's co-workers could suggest a place. With the health risks associated with bug spraying (for you and your pets), you probably don't want to live there too long.

king2005
10-04-2005, 10:32 AM
My friend works for the security for the housing company & I'm gonna get him to tell me where all the companies neighbourhoods are & look for a house away from them.

I think I'm gonna move the couches & bed into the garage & get him to drench them for us.

The bed is brand new too. We paid 1800.00 for it & we don't want to loose it yet... but I have away to get a new one, aslong as our 60 days doesn't run out.

We're really in the dumps now :(

ramanth
10-04-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm so sorry. *HUGS*

AmberLee
10-04-2005, 01:35 PM
*sigh* Wow, that's really discouraging. Good luck to you.

furrykidsmother
10-04-2005, 01:42 PM
How awful for you! I hope you will be able to find a new place soon!

Laura's Babies
10-04-2005, 01:45 PM
The apartment complex my sister use to manage had monthy exterminators come in and spray the whole complex to avoid problems just like this. If you move, be careful that you don't take them with you in the things you move.

In the mobile home park I live in, people come and go... Twice I have had those pesky little things start coming into mine after someone new moved in. I used Roach Pruff to get rid of them both times. It is a powder and I put it in all cracks inside, under my mobile home outside and on disposable paper plates under dressers, stove, refrigerator and stuff where my babies couldn't get into it. Working like I do, I would also put some on a paper plate on my kitchen counters and on the kitchen floor.. In no time, my problem would be gone. This stuff works good, even the worst infestation will be gone with in 3 months if used and left there. You may want to check in your area and see if you can get it there. Roach Pruff, in a yellow can, about $13 the last time I bought it and it WORKS.

I am highly allergic to the things and I can NOT live where they do...ewwwww! My allergy doctor told me they crawl away and die, they decompose and get into the air and you breath it in and never see it.

You could easily treat your own apartment but they will keep coming in as long as all the neighbors still have them. That whole complex needs to be treated!

king2005
10-05-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm soaking all my dishes in hot water, drying them & then bagging them.

I tested the 3:1 bleach:water on some of the roaches on the sticky paper. I put a drop on 2 of them & both died. Then I put a drop beside 2 others & they died too. So I sprayed it in cracks, beside the fridge & did my best to spray under it.

I'm seeing a HUGE decline in the roaches. I sneek downstairs & flip on the kitchen light & I see NOTHING! I havent seen an adult roach in 3 days. Only the babies getting stuck on the sticky paper or crawling on the walls, but not very many.

A website I read, said to use many different methods to kill them & so far its starting to work.

oh I'm also washing the clothes in hot water & then bagging them once they are finished in the dryer

Logan
10-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Laura, it is so interesting to read that you are allergic to roaches. Just a week ago, I had an allergy test done after multiple skin irritations, including "hives". My doctor told me it was time to figure out what was going on. You know what my highest allergies were? Cockroaches and Pigweed (whatever that is)!!! :eek:

sasvermont
10-06-2005, 05:03 AM
I think I heard somewhere that roaches do not carry diseases and are rather clean critters.

I agree that I do not want them in my house....ugh. I lived in Falls Church Virginia for a few years. We had roaches and water bugs. We had to put boots on to walk to the bathroom at night. I had a nest of roaches living in my toaster in the kitchen...I seldom used it and when I did try to one day, out ran many, many roaches.

Anyway, I too would move. Usually roaches only live in warmer climates. Ewwwwww. Just thinking about them living with me gives me the creeps.

Good luck finding a new place to live.

Have you thought about covering your mattress in the standard plastic covering one would use if one had allergies?

I suspect once you begin the battle, the roaches will go find a new place to inhabit. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Boy does this bring back bad memories! :eek:

king2005
10-06-2005, 07:45 AM
plastic bag for a bed? never heard of it.

Well I found a roach flopping all over the floor this morning. I didn't know that the paste worked that fast. Lastnight I found 2 young roaches hanging around my fish tanks, so I got a pen & started to lay the paste all over the downstairs. I used the whole tube heheheh. The first bay roach I saw near my tanks ran right up to the paste & chowed down before I even finished squirting it out of the tube!

There is a HUGE decline in roaches. I haven't seen any traces of an adult Roach in a few days now. Just the odd baby. SO I know all is getting better, so that means when I start to pack things back up, we wont be bring any Roaches with us .

sasvermont
10-06-2005, 08:02 AM
The plastic is for the mattress and box spring. They sell them for pillows as well. People with allergies are often allergic to dust mites and by putting the plastic around the bedding, it eliminates the problem. My guess is that it will also prevent .....ewwwwww....just the thoughts of roaches near my beds gives me the creeps. Anyway, it is just an idea. I bet you can find them online, somewhere!

:eek:

christa
10-06-2005, 08:06 AM
That does suck! But maybe you should get out of there. You never know why things happen . . . You should at least consider it . . . watch for new rental listings . . . go look at some places. I think I'd consider it after what that guy told you!!!

king2005
10-06-2005, 09:24 AM
We are looking. We have been looking mostly at singal houses. cause if a roach does come with us, we can get a bug guy to spray the heck out of the house once a month for a while until we know there is no way they survived. We're even thinking just for the sake of it, spray the house anyways.