PDA

View Full Version : Apologize And Am Very Sorry

jackiesdaisy1935
03-19-2002, 09:23 AM
I just got two letters from Phred telling me that the letter I sent out to my friends and my friends here on PetTalk was a scam.
It was the letter about the 14 year old boy who's father was killed in 9/11 and wanted to make 9/11 a National Fireman's Holiday.
First of all I got the letter from a very good friend who I trust completely, there were many people on there who were fooled if that was the case.
I thought it was a wonderful idea and he said it was just to get e.mails, I didn't see any e.mails on there and thought it was harmless, as you all know I am very computer illiterate.
Phred was very unhappy in the letters he sent me and I am very upset, infact crying as I type this to think that anyone would think I would do this intentially.
Right now I feel like I committed a crime. Please, anyone who would like me to take their e.mail out of my address book let me know I will do it right away. As I said, I thought it was a wonderful way to thank the firemen for all their dedication, Phred included.
I am very, very sorry to all that I sent the letter to, if it is a scam.
I feel very bad and I think I will not post in Pet Talk for a while, I imagine after the letter Phred sent out, many of you are angry and won't want to hear from me anymore. My credibility has gone down the drain.
Jackie

Former User
03-19-2002, 09:35 AM
Oh come on Jackie, how would you know???? I guess for us it wouldn't crossed our minds that some people can actually make hoaxes out of things like these, but unfortunately they can! I don't know you Jackie that well (been reading your messages and been on the dog board of yours), but I think I can say that you would never ever send out anything you didn't believe in!

Chin up Jackie and do not feel bad! I'm sure Phred isn't mad for you, but for the one who started the hoax in the first place!

Pam
OH JACKIE DO NOT THINK OF LEAVING PET TALK, EVEN FOR A LITTLE WHILE!!!! Hey, I don't think too many of us here are computer whizzes either and just really wanted to do a good thing by passing that along. Your heart was in the right place and NO you don't need to take me out of your address book. Possibly someone was rewarded with a nice list of e-mail addresses and we will get some junk mail as a result. I can live with that. In the future maybe we all will be wiser but for now I just want to tell you to please not be upset. Life is full of learning experiences and this is just one. Please, Jackie, don't cry. It's killing me to hear that! {{big big hugs}}!!!

lizbud
Dear Jackie,

I most certainly am NOT angry with you about
this e-mail. It looked legit to me also. If Phred
thinks it's a scam, then so be it. You have the
biggest, kindest heart of anybody I know. I am
100% SURE you meant only to spread a good idea.
Please don't blame yourself or feel bad about
it. Stuff happens. Hugs & Best Wishes, Liz.

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-19-2002, 10:04 AM
Jackie,

Don't be upset. The thought of you crying breaks my heart. I am sure that you didn't know it was a scam. Many people were fooled. I still want to be on your e-mail list no matter what. Pet Talk would never be the same with out you, Jackie, and your 2 two schnauzers.

Cheer up. You have done all that you can do by appologizing. I am sure that no one is mad. This too shall pass.

Logan
03-19-2002, 10:16 AM
I'm hurt that she feels hurt. :( :( And I knew as soon as I saw the two emails this morning that she would be upset when she read them. You did nothing wrong, sweet friend, absolutely nothing. The thought of you sitting there, all upset, is just about more than I can take.

As I told you when I emailed you about this whole thing earlier, don't you dare even think about leaving Pet Talk, even for a little while!! What we don't need is to lose you too, Jackie!!! We love you!! And any of us who has ever read anything you have written either here or at your community knows that there isn't an insincere bone in your body.

Chin up!!!! You are loved by all of us, and I guarantee you won't get one single taker (except the one you have already gotten) on removing their name from your address book!!! :D :D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
03-19-2002, 10:24 AM
Jackie, please don't leave. Everyone gets fooled sometime. I enjoy your posts and would hate to see you go over a little mistake.

C&K it's good to see a post from you today.

Karen
03-19-2002, 10:27 AM
Don't leave Pet Talk over this, please. You were fooled, as are many, by a realistic-looking hoax. In the future, please, before you send anything like that along, check urban legends sites - most all of the emails of this sort are listed, and the sites are updated frequently.

I get this sort of thing all the time, from people I know and people I don't know because I have several email addresses, including the one for nominations to Pet of the Day, that are public. I don't get angry at anyone, if I think it MIGHT be legit, I look it up before I respond in any way.

We love you and don't want you to be hurt any more by this hoax, so please stay!

Former User
03-19-2002, 10:37 AM
I hope this isn't a hoax, but you can check stuff out from this page
Truth Or Fiction (http://www.truthorfiction.com/)

Hope this helps!

Gio
03-19-2002, 10:43 AM
Don't leave Jackie. What makes me mad is that there are people who start hoaxes like these to take advantage of kind hearted people like you.

aly
03-19-2002, 11:10 AM
JACKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your last few sentences have me in tears! Please don't go. We all love you so much. We understand that you didn't know. And I want you to leave my address in your book! I would feel sad if I didn't get your emails anymore. You are and always will be a welcomed member at Pet Talk. STAY!!!!!!

purrley
03-19-2002, 11:22 AM
Oh My Gosh Jackie - I can't tell ya how many times I've been fooled about stuff such as this. This happens to everyone and I gotta say I've been embarassed by what I've believed to be so sometimes. Don't give it another thought about leaving - we need ya here!!!!

Randi
03-19-2002, 11:36 AM
jackiesdaisy1935! I don't really know you, but I too think you shouldn't leave because of this. I'm sure you meant well! Not long ago, I posted some rubbish here as well (Antivirus tip), naive enough to believe it, but I was wrong.

Check the link C & C posted! And cheer up! :)

All the best,

Stenograsaurus
03-19-2002, 11:36 AM
Hey, Jackie. I have no idea what this is all about or what all is going on here. I don't think I"m on your e-mail list (and I would not mind if I was) and I have not received any behind your back or behind the scenes pm's or e-mails concerning you. All I know is that I like you. I like Perry and Daisy and Don. I like hearing stories from you and I like seeing your posts. I like all your pictures. I like seeing the kindness and love and generosity in your posts. I could go on and on, but I hope you get the point by now. What I'm really trying to say is, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't leave. I would really miss you!!!!

Logan
03-19-2002, 11:40 AM
I'm butting in.......imagine that!! :eek:

I don't think Jackie is as upset about the hoax (although she was embarassed by it, as many people were), as she was the emails (2 from the same person) she received back in response to having sent it in the first place. That was the upsetting thing. And everyone she had forwarded the letter to in the first place was copied on these replies back to her. That was the most upsetting and embarassing thing. :( And I can certainly understand why she was upset by it. I was upset for her.

I hope Jackie can put all of this behind her, and know that we all care about her so much. Keep us on your list, Jackie!!!!

shais_mom
03-19-2002, 11:40 AM
Jackie, I too was fooled and sent those on. Its not your fault, nor is it the person who sent it to you. IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT
You have no reason to leave or to feel like you commited a crime.
You are here to stay, we won't let you leave!

My heart is aching with all the upheaval in PetTalk.

03-19-2002, 11:46 AM
Jackie, there is NO reason for you to leave Pet Talk over this. You made a mistake, it's not a big deal. No one would want to see you go.

First of all, If you receive something in an email like that, or a story or any forwards telling you to do something or sign your name, it's a hoax. I don't believe ANYTHING I get. And I don't forward stuff either. There is a website you can go to to check these out as well, just to make sure...

http://www.truthorfiction.com

Just look to the left of the page for the topics they have categorized and look for the email you recieved. I have found almost every single email that I was looking for and none were ever true.

Secondly, a appeal to create a National Firefighters day was requested by Conner so the subject of this email isn't really false. But he never sent this out in email form.

This is just my opinion of course but I don't like seeing people duped. There is just way way too much BS out there and I have learned that people will write anything in an email to get a following. It is their way of seeing where there email goes and what parts of the world they can reach.

Jackie, please please stay... just don't believe what you get in email. It is sad that the crazy, bored people have had to make us synical. (sp?)

Dixieland Dancer
03-19-2002, 12:37 PM
Jackie,
As I stated in a email to you, You have NOTHING to be sorry about! We have all fell for scams similar to this one. I work in the computer industy and have fell for a couple that really pull on your heart strings the way this one did. You only wanted to spread the good news and show appreciation to the heros of 9-11 and all those who put their lives on the line for us (including Pfred). I think when he realizes that you did not mean anything by it or didn't purposesly set up to intentionally sabatoge his email id, then he will tell you himself how sorry he is.

I wish I knew what is going on in Pet Talk land these past few days but it is not the usual kindness. I only wish it would be like it was.

If you leave, Pet Talk it will never be the same for me. You have become such an inspiration to me with your words of kindness and heartfelt concern for everyone. You give Pet Talk a perspective that only you can and I have come to love and look forward to reading your posts. I have never met you in person but have come to Love you for the most loving spirit on the forum. You are a breath of Sunshine! Please don't take my sunshine away!!!!
Dixie

sammi
03-19-2002, 01:09 PM
Jackie, Don't feel bad about this. Nobody thought that you did this on purpose. Its just that many people would prefer that their name not be on e-mails going from one coast to another as somebody is bound to take advantage of those names.

On a lighter note, Buddy just came in all wet from the snow and is under the computer (so I have to keep my feet up on the chair) and I can smell fritos corn chips!:eek:

Cinder & Smoke
03-19-2002, 01:20 PM
Dear Jackie ~ (AND all the rest of you!)

"Phred was very unhappy in the letters he sent me and I am very upset, infact crying as I type this to think that anyone would think I would do this intentially. Right now I feel like I committed a crime."

Let me TRY to explain...

"Phred was very unhappy..."
Is VERY true ~ BUT I was NOT unhappy, upset, or mad AT YOU, Jackie! I was upset that another innocent person (You, Jackie), had been taken in by a Chain Letter that appears to have been "doctored" or modified somewhere in it's probably loooong journey through cyber-space.

"...think that anyone would think I would do this intentially." OH MY! :( It was NOT my intent to even hint that I was even thinking that you did anything with malice or even knew that the letter was anything other than genuine.

"...I imagine after the letter Phred sent out, many of you are angry..." I think she's saying I wasn't very 'tactful'... :o I'll plead guilty! I've got a long list of lame excuses why it was such a poorly composed alert letter ~

1) It was late, and I'd just finished with a 4 hour Fire class = I was tired.

2) This exact letter has been mentioned on Firefighter's web sites - I knew it was 'tainted' and questionable.

3) Jackie had just forwarded it to a few of us Pet Talkers; so it was possible to alert the recipients in time to prevent any further spread.

4) I hurried my first alert (din't proof-read it for overall 'tact' :o before I sent it). It wasn't one of my better notes! :o

5) I didn't do much better on my follow-up - written after I found the hidden e-mail addresses which confirmed my fears the letter was tainted. My second note was intended to INFORM and teach - NOT to cast blame or make anyone feel badly.

Pretty lame, huh? Best I can come up with...

To Jackie, and ALL her friends ~

My very sincere and PUBLIC apology ~

I NEVER meant to either make Jackie feel badly NOR make her Friends think she did anything wrong!!!!

I only wanted to STOP the further spread of the tainted letter. I acted very hurridly and without beig very careful with my words.

I get QUITE passionate over these Chain Letters because of an incident that happened to me almost two years ago. A great FireFighter Family (good, personal friends) got a cute Firefighter cartoon and Chain Letter sent to them by another family relative ~ Complete with hidden :mad: VIRUS! They in turn sent it anoter 2 or 3 DOZEN of their close friends and me...

Before it was all over, about a hundred of their closest friends (and ME) had been infected! :mad: !! And it took many days to purge the virus from all of our computers...

All I can say now is that I'm SORRY that I caused pain and sorrow to Jackie! I certainly didn't MEAN to; and I'm sorry you read my letters that way, Jackie. I did NOT mean to be nasty ~ I just wanted to deliver a strong message that I thought we were being victimized by another in a seemingly never-ending series of harmful Chain Letters.

Maybe it's time for me to sign off for a while - Cinder & Smokey seem to do a better job with the puter than I've been doing, lately. THEY don't seem to get into nearly as much trouble as *I* do...

Please accept my apology, Jackie - and every one ELSE that I've offended last night!

Sincerely,

/s/ Phred

wolflady
03-19-2002, 01:42 PM
...and breath!!
Yes, everyone, please!! Things have been a little helter-skelter the past couple of weeks and we all need to take a breather and not be so quick to leave this wonderful community!!! I've said this once, but I think it's worth mentioning again...the downfall of written word is that sometimes it can misconstrued to something it wasn't originally meant to be. Without the aide of facial expressionss and voice intonation...it is easy to misinterpret what someone might have been trying to say. If you are unsure, don't hesitate to ask that person in a PM, so both that person and yourself can be put at ease of the misunderstanding!

I think we all deserver big **hugs** this week and a stress reliever. That is the main reason I come here, and I do hate to see people getting upset and wanting to leave over such circumstances!
Karen and Paul have created a wonderful place out of love, and no doubt there is a lot of it here!:)

It is easy to be duped by hoaxes as some of them do appear to be legitimate. I was one of those people not 3 years ago...but it's easy to learn how to identify hoaxes. But, when in doubt, consider anything emailed to you a hoax. I posted a bunch of links for "hoax-busting" here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9014) . You can go to any of these sites to confirm any of your suspicions. I posted this on the other thread, but thought it would be worth mentioning again.

How to Recognize a Hoax
Probably the first thing you should notice about a warning is the request to "send this to everyone you know" or some variant of that statement. This should raise a red flag that the warning is probably a hoax. No real warning message from a credible source will tell you to send this to everyone you know.

Next, look at what makes a successful hoax. There are two known factors that make a successful hoax, they are:

(1) technical sounding language.
(2) credibility by association.
If the warning uses the proper technical jargon, most individuals, including technologically savvy individuals, tend to believe the warning is real. For example, the Good Times hoax says that "...if the program is not stopped, the computer's processor will be placed in an nth-complexity infinite binary loop which can severely damage the processor...". The first time you read this, it sounds like it might be something real. With a little research, you find that there is no such thing as an nth-complexity infinite binary loop and that processors are designed to run loops for weeks at a time without damage.

When we say credibility by association we are referring to who sent the warning. If the janitor at a large technological organization sends a warning to someone outside of that organization, people on the outside tend to believe the warning because the company should know about those things. Even though the person sending the warning may not have a clue what he is talking about, the prestige of the company backs the warning, making it appear real. If a manager at the company sends the warning, the message is doubly backed by the company's and the manager's reputations.

Both of these items make it very difficult to claim a warning is a hoax so you must do your homework to see if the claims are real and if the person sending out the warning is a real person and is someone who would know what they are talking about. You do need to be a little careful verifying the person as the apparent author may be a real person who has nothing to do with the hoax. If thousands of people start sending them mail asking if the message is real, that essentially constitutes an unintentional denial of service attack on that person. Check the person's web site or the person's company web site to see if the hoax has been responded to there. Check these pages or the pages of other hoax sites to see if we have already declared the warning a hoax.

Hoax messages also follow the same pattern as a chain letter

lynnestankard
03-19-2002, 02:09 PM
Oh Jackie I'm so sorry you've been moved to tears - please don't be upset - I'm sure this could have happened to me. Some of us only see the good in people and won't believe in peoples stupid attempts at hoaxes. Cheer up sweetheart, we're all here for you and want you to be happy. :D

Hugs & love from
Lynne

Stenograsaurus
03-19-2002, 02:26 PM
I am so glad you posted, Phred. I was hoping there was some kind of misunderstanding.

Dixieland Dancer
03-19-2002, 02:49 PM
A combination attempt to cheer Jackie from Sammi and Me. It was my saying "YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE" that prompted Sammi's wonderful idea to post this link! Enjoy Jackie!!

YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE (http://mfile.akamai.com/3150/wm2/muze.download.akamai.com/2890/us/us_wma20/3700/376927_1_01.asx?obj=v10207)

purrley
03-19-2002, 02:55 PM
:) :) :) Just gotta love ya all;) Jackie you know ya just can't leave this;)

jackiesdaisy1935
03-19-2002, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry, I left in the heat of the moment, I love PetTalk, all of my friends are here and my family is tired of hearing about this one and that one and this dog and that dog.
I am guilty of stupidity I guess, didn't know about that site where you could check on those letters, but it won't matter because I will never send another one out again.
I'm 66 and trying to live in a high tech world and come from the low tech 50's. Perhaps us ole people should stick to books, go see movies and not try to keep up with this computer stuff. It just gets us in trouble.
I was very upset because as Phred said his letter only went to a few PetTalk people, not true, it went to all of my friends and family as I thought it was such a great thing to do. My Son called me from work this morning and said Mom what happened? Who is is person writing you this e.mail.
I thought this letter was such a wonderful thing to do for the firefighters and that Phred would love to be part of it, so I included him in it.
Phred's was a very bad letter, with very large bold letters and very long lecturing me on what a terrible thing I did, in fact there were three letters one supposedly apologizing but with another lecture.
I was very upset, I had never had anyone e.mailing me like that before and it really hurt my feelings because I thought I was doing a good thing.
I really appreciate all the things everyone has said, I know you are all my friends and I love you all. I promise I will never send out another letter again, I'm just not as computer smart as most of you are.
Let's just go on, PetTalk is the very best and we need to get back to the Old PetTalk, it is not in my nature to hold grudges and Phred I accept your apologie, no hard feelings.
Thank you everyone for your kindness and I guess you can't get rid of me that easily.
Jackie

Logan
03-19-2002, 04:07 PM
Welcome Home, Jackie!!!! :) Sure ended my day on a nice note!!! Gotta to tell Chuck the very same thing!!!! :)

gini
03-19-2002, 04:08 PM
YAAAAHHHHH JACKIE!!!!

Cincy'sMom
03-19-2002, 04:10 PM
Jackie,
I am glad you have decided not to leave pet talk. There are al ot of urban legends that go around on the internet...warnings of viruses, scams and general junk. You can not be blamed for trusting what you htought was a noble cause. One other site you can use to check the legitimacy of forwarded emails is snopes.com

Glad you are going to stay!!!

Amy

momoffuzzyfaces
03-19-2002, 04:21 PM
YIPEE, JACKIE!
I'm so glad you decided to stay. Don't worry about trying to learn this computer stuff. I'm 51 and have trouble. I won't even open attachments because of all the virus scares.:)

Pam
03-19-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by gini
YAAAAHHHHH JACKIE!!!!

Gini I am stealing your font color and large letters because I don't know how to do it on my own! heehee! See Jackie we are not ALL computer geniuses. I am far from it. Welcome back!!!!!!!! We love ya kiddo!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2002, 04:38 PM
Glad to hear you won't be leaving us Jackie. :)

And don't worry about being 66 and not knowing every little in and out of the computer. We all need to learn somehow, and unfortunately, most of us learn the hard way whether it be by getting a virus or something like this.

I don't even know you but I'm glad you decided to stay. And Phred, I hope you don't leave either (geez, everybody's leaving lately!) I love when Cinder and Smokey post, but we need you too!

So everybody kiss and makeup and lets all be a happy family again! :) :) :) :) :)

tatsxxx11
03-19-2002, 05:14 PM
All I can say is there isn't a Pet Talker alive that has a more honest, giving and sincere heart than my wonderful friend Jackie! You brush away those tears sweet friend!!! You are #1 in EVERYONE'S book!! And you're not going anywhere!:) One more whisper about that and well... it's not going to happen!!! We've all been through a whirlwind of emotion lately. But, I think we've weathered the storm and I see the skys clearing. We're riding the wave guys! Hang on everyone...each and every hand is needed "on deck." No one's jumping ship!!! Now, instead of thinking of PT as the "sinking Titanic," how about the image of Noah's Ark!! A buoyant, safe haven where the hearts and the minds of all living creatures may seek refuge! And Phred, thank you for having the grace and class to step up to the plate and offer your explaination and apology. You've always been an "upfront guy" and I know you never meant to hurt Jackie's feelings.

lizbud
03-19-2002, 05:43 PM
A buoyant, safe haven where the heart and the mind of all living creatures may seek refuge! And Phred, thank you for having the grace and class to step up to the plate and offer your explaination and apology. You've always been an "upfront guy" and I know you never meant to hurt Jackie's feelings.

DO I HEAR AN AMEN ?

You guys are part of the the Best group of animal lovers
on the planet.

Don't make me come out there... O.K. ? Love all you guys..

sasvermont
03-19-2002, 05:50 PM
:D

lizbud
03-19-2002, 06:03 PM
EXACTALLY !!!

Sas, That's just what I've been thinking lately,
one BIG ole group hug !!! I swear, if I could reach
all you guys you would get the "biggest hug" I could
muster. I'm not that big in stature, but I can Hug
with the best of them... Love & Peace to All of us..

RachelJ
03-19-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
A buoyant, safe haven where the heart and the mind of all living creatures may seek refuge! And Phred, thank you for having the grace and class to step up to the plate and offer your explaination and apology. You've always been an "upfront guy" and I know you never meant to hurt Jackie's feelings.

AMEN

tatsxxx11
03-19-2002, 06:30 PM
Wait, I hear it coming, YES.....lets all join hands and belt out a chorus of Kumbaya!!:D Isn't humor a great healer??? OK, it wasn't that funny. Maybe I'm dating myself here!!:D

gini
03-19-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Wait, I hear it coming, YES.....lets all join hands and belt out a chorus of Kumbaya!!:D Isn't humor a great healer??? OK, it wasn't that funny. Maybe I'm dating myself here!!:D

I thought your comment under the Antarctic iceberg post - now we know why we have been walking on "thin ice" was funnier.

You know a rendiditon of ZIPPETY DO DAH by Logan's Roger would be a nice touch about now too.

While we are all singing - let's reach out and tickle the person next to us........and let the laughter spread....................

lizbud
03-19-2002, 07:22 PM
Sandra,

Yes it was funny, and No you are not dating yourself!!!
Hey, I remember singing that song...

This was my first time trying the "quotey thingy", I did
capture your words & meaning but I guess one must
type in QUOTE & /Quote before & after the paste.?
Live and learn I guess.. You guys are Great!

Love & Peace from Liz and Buddy....

Logan
03-19-2002, 07:33 PM
Nope, that's not the right one (even though I remember it too, Sandra, and you are younger than I am!) . I think Zippity Do Dah is a perfect song, since we sing it 1000 times per day around here!! LOL!!!

Tonight, my friend, Mike, and I stood in the hallway so Roger couldn't see us, and he sang it over and over!! Can't go too long without a smile around this house, that's for sure! :D

Everyone join in......

Dixieland Dancer
03-19-2002, 08:11 PM
WoW again! I took Dusty to obedience class and came home and found all this wonderful Harmony again on Pet Talk!

GLAD YOUR STAYING JACKIE! How did you like Sammi's version of you are my sunshine?

SPENCER - I AM REALLY EXCITED TO SEE YOU POST! WELCOME HOME!!!!!!

Sandra, I agree we should sing something and I don't care what it is! 100 Bottles of beer on the wall would be okay with me at this moment!!!!! I'm so happy things are better tonight that I actually feel a little tipsy (and I don't even drink)!

You guys are great!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

jackiesdaisy1935
03-19-2002, 08:30 PM
Thank you Chuck, I agree. I am so glad you are back, now it seems like home again.
The people on here are like no other, even though we don't meet face to face we have a bond that stays in place under any circumstances. Now we have to get back and tend to our little furbabies, feather babies, scalebabies, turtle babies, and any babies I couldn't think of.
Dixie, yes, I loved that sound of "Sunshine", was just like I was in Pete Fountain's club in New Orleans. LOL sittin on a stool with Don listenen to Jazz, back in the 60s.
I guess everyone knows Sandra got me some Schnauzer slippers at Christmas, well this is what I look like red hair an all, only picture Schnauzer slippers instead of Rabbits. LOL

http://clipartpage.homestead.com/files/easterbunny.jpg

Jackie

Sudilar
03-19-2002, 08:38 PM
Boy, I've got to get on this 'puter earlier!! I always show up at the end after everything has happened.

Jackie, there's no way you could know about the hoax! I can feel your pain in thinking what a nice thing you were doing, only to find out that through no fault of your own, you were taken in by a hoax. It could have happened to almost any one of us. Don't feel bad. We love you and your pups and I'm glad you aren't going to leave us. Don't cry...

Thanks for apologizing Phred.

(((((group hug)))))

AvaJoy
03-19-2002, 09:53 PM
WHEW! I'm so glad that all seems well in PetTalkLand once again . . . hope it stays this way and [[HUGS]] to everyone across the board.:) :) :)

shais_mom
03-20-2002, 01:19 AM
I am so glad you are back Jackie, and Chuck.
In my book all is forgiven, tho you did nothing to forgive for.
Jackie, I think you could teach me a few things on this computer, don't sell your self short!

Gio
03-20-2002, 02:47 AM
Jackie,

I'm pleased you decided to stay. :)

Phred,

don't you even dare to think about leaving. I'm convinced that you did not want to hurt Jackie but acted in the heat of the moment. I found myself in the same position before, did something and thought about it only afterwards and wished I could turn back the clock.

Chuck,
great to see that you reconsidered.

It's nice to come back to the board thie morning and see things are settling down. I can almost hear Roger in the background singing Zippidy Do Dah... :D

lynnestankard
03-20-2002, 05:37 AM
THE THINGS THAT HAPPEN DURING THE NIGHT - WHILE I SLEEP!!!!

Amazing - I'm so glad everyone's back. Jackie I was so amazed to learn your age - you write about 18 years old!! So full of life and fun - go girl. I'm hopeless at this computer stuff too and I'm only 55!! It's so like a foreign language - I just nod and smile when folk are explaining 'stuff' to me!!:eek:

Right I feel another *group hug* coming on [[[[[[[[X]]]]]]]]

Lynne

Zippidy Do Dah ---- Zippidy de Hay --- Wonderful feeling..............

Pam
03-20-2002, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Gio

It's nice to come back to the board thie morning and see things are settling down. I can almost hear Roger in the background singing Zippidy Do Dah... :D

My thoughts exactly Gio! I couldn't have put it any better! Go ahead Roger, sing it baby! LOL! My oh my what a wonderful day!!

Lynne from one 55 year old to another, I hear you!! ;)

purrley
03-20-2002, 06:58 AM
WOW:eek: :eek: I'm doin the jig and St. Patricks Day is over:D :D Thank goodness I'm the only one here at work - someone would call the guys in white to come get me:D :D Pet Talk is going to get back to what is was meant to be and I'm so happy I could BUST!!! and you know what's even neater???? I'm not the oldest one here:D :D :D Jackie - you're a jewel in the crown!!!! Thanks so much for not leaving - I'm so happy!!!! PET TALKERS UNITED!!!!

lbaker
03-20-2002, 07:14 AM
I just can't stay away a day longer........
My name is Laurie, I'm 54 (or 55, I forget:o) and I'm - obviously - a PetTalkaholic.
I can turn the computer on and type, that's about the extent of my 'puter literacy.

purrley
03-20-2002, 07:20 AM
:D :D :D Ibaker - glad to see you!!! and I'm 52 (almost) and I work with computers all day and I'm still computer illiterate - but still they keep me on, but who knows how long, I don't think they have a clue how much time I'm in Pet Talk. Retirement is really a long ways away.

Stenograsaurus
03-20-2002, 08:18 AM
(((((group hug))))))

I am so glad that Pet Talk will get back to normal!!!!!!

gini
03-20-2002, 09:35 AM
ZIPPETY DO DAH
ZIPPETY YAY
MY, OH MY, WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY
PLENTY OF SUNSHINE
COMING MY WAY
ZIPPETY DO DAH
ZIPPETY YAY

purrley
03-20-2002, 10:23 AM
So very well put Spencer - SEE THAT'S WHY I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE AROUND - you know what to say - and if I was home posting this, I certainly wouldn't want to be seen - who knows what I may or may not have on:D :D :D

gini
03-20-2002, 10:33 AM
Alright you guys - especially those who are still at home - what do you have on right now!!!

I am wearing a very large T shirt with cute little moons wearing nightcaps and stars. :p :p :p

Like you all really needed to know that:) :) :)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-20-2002, 11:21 AM
CHUCK, THIS IS YOUR OFFICIAL BIG OLD KANSAS WELCOME BACK!!!!
I said on another post that I would give you one...so this is it! I also put one on the thread 'Opps I did it again' along with a mouse story. So, good to have you back.

Zippety Do Dah. Gosh everyone. We now have our own SONG!:D :D :D

sammi
03-20-2002, 11:27 AM
Well its only 11:30 AM here so I have my brunch outfit on! And that would be : flannel nightshirt/jogging pants and heavy socks!!!!:D

zippy-kat
03-20-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Zippety Do Dah.

Zippy sez :D :D :D

I'm glad everyone came back--but guys, it's not gonna be complete until our Fireman shows back up. What will we do without Nawtee dog stories?:(

zippy-kat
03-20-2002, 01:20 PM
PS it's noon thirty and I'm in my breeches & boots...time to go hoss ridin'! :)

purrley
03-20-2002, 01:23 PM
Cinder - get your ###@@@!!!!! back here right now!!! HERE ME!!!!!!:p

Pam
03-20-2002, 01:26 PM
And Casper & Kitty too!!! I am suffering from "photo withdrawal!"

Gio
03-21-2002, 03:46 AM
I'm glad everyone came back--but guys, it's not gonna be complete until our Fireman shows back up. What will we do without Nawtee dog stories?

I agree, come back or we will be forced to send all our furkids after you, headed by Mz Sophie of course :D Well, that would be a sight!

Former User
03-21-2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Pam
And Casper & Kitty too!!! I am suffering from "photo withdrawal!"

Hope these help you out Pam ;)

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pictures/casper98.jpg

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pictures/kitty159.jpg

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pictures/casperkitty85.jpg

lynnestankard
03-21-2002, 05:05 AM
Aw thanks Niina - just the thing - gorgeous pics of Casper and Kitty - I'm a bit late this morning - so these lovlies are the first thing I've seen - cheered me so much I think I'll be able to get on with the day.:)

Lynne

Pam
03-21-2002, 05:56 AM
C&K I needed that! Thank you so much for those delightful little faces this morning! A day without a picture from you guys is like a day without sunshine! Glad to see you are back!

Logan
03-21-2002, 06:42 AM
Great pictures, Niina!! I saw you had posted and said a big "YES"!!! Butter looked at me like I was crazy. :o

purrley
03-21-2002, 06:56 AM
SooooooooooCute Niina - thank you - such a refreshing way to start a Thursday. Those babies of yours are so beautiful:)

RachelJ
03-21-2002, 07:20 AM
This is torture. I want a kitty so bad, especially when I see the likes of Casper and Kitty.

Freckles
03-21-2002, 08:13 AM
C&K, what did you do to get that beautiful pose on the windowsill?

(or like my pictures, pure luck)

jackiesdaisy1935
03-21-2002, 09:24 AM
Wow, those kitties are just beautiful, this is the first time that I have seen a picture of them. Real Beauties.
Jackie

Dixieland Dancer
03-21-2002, 09:32 AM
WONDERFUL Pictures! I can't get over how much my Marty and your Casper (I think Casper's the black one) look alike. If your kitty had a red collar on they would look identical! :D

Former User
03-21-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
WONDERFUL Pictures! I can't get over how much my Marty and your Casper (I think Casper's the black one) look alike. If your kitty had a red collar on they would look identical! :D

I agree! I don't think he would agree to wear a collar though...:rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Yes, welcome back, C&K. I love all your pictures, and your new avatar is great! I think my favorite picture of Casper is the one when he is really tiny with those big eyes. And Kitty is just the sweetest most adorable kitten, and she is really growing into a beautiful cat.

I went back in my photo albums and dug out all my old pictures of Tubby and Peanut. I scanned 99% of them, now all I have to do is figure out how to get them all on line. The default pages my server offers for a website only provide room for 4 pictures on a page, and that's not near enough! :rolleyes:

Seeing your pictures always brings a smile to my face, C&K, glad to have you back! :)