PDA

View Full Version : Possibly taking in another kitten...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-03-2005, 10:18 PM
My friends cat had kittens. ( :( ) Three babies, an orangie and two calico babies. Her teacher is taking the orangie and my friend Steph is taking one of the other calicos. My mom is leaning towards letting me take the other calico baby.

One question, aren't most calicos girl kitties? My mom is more of a girl-pet person, and would prefer a girl.

They are a little less than a week old right now, their eyes are not open.

Think of some names, guys! We are assuming most calico cats are girls, right? I'll post a pic in at the bottom.

Cross your fingers for us guys. I'd rather this kitty come to me rather than the HS. :(

This isn't them, but their coloring is very similar.

http://mirrors.meepzorp.com/craigslist.org/epson-kitty/index_files/2003-07-10-2-calico-kitten_small1.jpg

Keep your paws crossed that mom says yes! :)

jazzcat
10-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Yes, most calicos are female. I believe a male calico is extremely rare.

I hope you can get her, good luck. As for names, I'm not too good with that. Maybe you should wait to see what her personality is like but in the mean time be coming up with some choices.

Let us know what happens.

catnapper
10-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Yup, calicos are most often girls. They are also VERY strong personalities. Is your mom able to handle a strong personality cat right now?

Jessika
10-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Yes, most calicos are female. I believe a male calico is extremely rare.

It is extremely rare AND they are usually sterile. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-04-2005, 03:42 AM
It is like the others say: almost all calico's are girls! So is my Maya girl ;)

Good luck with the new kitten, I hope you will take her!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Update--

Mom is still agreeing to the "wait and see" method, by waiting to see if she can get homes for all the kittens before we decide to take one.

(Secretly I told Dani (friend) to just hold one and pretend she can't find a home... shhh. ;))

Kittens have opened their eyes! Sorry I don't have pics. :(

Jessika
10-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Oh how exciting! You KNOW the rule is you MUST post pictures, right?? Get your bootay in gear!!

catmandu
10-07-2005, 06:45 PM
I love Calico Cats,with thier colorings,and I hope that the Little Kitten,will be the Best Little Kitten ever.
Karina ,would be a wonderful name,a tribute,to a momma Starry Cats,that had her 5 Kittens,then sadly had to be PTS!
Rocca,and Scrappy 2,in thise new BED!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture822.jpg

Lightning SuperCat
10-07-2005, 06:58 PM
I can't wait to see a picture of the kitties! There is a calico in our neighborhood now, too. Sorry I can't think of any names but I can name them if I can see them......pictures needed! :p ;)

pssst catmandu...love the new pic of the kitties enjoying the new bed! ;)