PDA

View Full Version : How Many Boards?

Pam
03-19-2002, 08:55 AM
Since I don't go into work quite so early today I have a little more time on my hands and of course have been on Pet Talk a couple of times already. This got me thinking about what it would be like if I belonged to more than one board like this. I have visited Jackie's board a few times but can't seem to fit another board into my life and still accomplish what I need to do around here. My hubby would probably unplug my computer! LOL! I know several of you manage it beautifully but I was curious about how many boards you are involved in and how you manage your time. Hopefully they are not all as addicting as Pet Talk!

Logan
03-19-2002, 09:00 AM
Too many, Pam!!! More than one other one, including Jackie's and the Golden Retriever, which I visit as often as I do this one, but don't "answer" nearly as much on. I am a member of other communities on MSN, but maybe visit them once everyday or even less often.

Not having a "hubby" makes a huge difference though, and having so many west coast customers, the time difference allows me quiet mornings so I can read!! :D

Former User
03-19-2002, 09:02 AM
Just Pet Talk at the moment. Was looking around to find other boards, but nothing is as good as this is! :D

Good poll Pam! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/xyxthumbs.gif

zippy-kat
03-19-2002, 10:54 AM
Just PT!

aly
03-19-2002, 11:01 AM
Just Pet Talk basically. I am a member of several Rescue groups where messages come through email, but I never respond unless I can help a dog or cat out or steer someone in the right direction to help a dog or cat out. But Pet Talk is the only one I can religiously keep up with. I tried Jackie's community for awhile but its just too much. I can't keep up with it all! I still lurk around there from time to time though :)

purrley
03-19-2002, 11:04 AM
Good Grief I'm on PT way to much as it is!!! I couldn't afford another board:p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2002, 12:00 PM
I'm (obviously) on Pet Talk, which I'm sure one of these days my boss is going to catch on to why it takes me so long to get everything done. ;) I get it all done, just not as fast as he would like me to. I tell him I'm busy (well, I am aren't I, just on the "wrong" things in his opinion) and can't get it all done as fast as he thinks I can. :rolleyes:

I'm also involved with a Corvette group where I am actually the Illinois Director - which means that takes up a lot of time too, and I can relate to Chuck when he says he is putting in an enormous effort and it's just getting to be too much.

And the final thing I keep up with on a "board" type basis is Motorhomes. We recently purchased a 40' diesel pusher and Terry is obsessed with his new toy, so that takes up a lot of time too.....not only the board, but the actual motorhome. What I need is a lap top computer so I can keep up with all this while we're in the motorhome.

Oh, and we have motorcycles too, but I don't monitor any board or anything with those. They have basically sat in the garage - unused - since I brought my Corvette home 3 years ago. So they don't take up too much time at all. :rolleyes:

I have found though, that the motorhome is fun, the Corvette Director thing is getting to be a bit much, but the one that helps me relax the most is Pet Talk. I really enjoy all the pictures and stories of our little furry friends. It takes time, but I enjoy it, so I'm willing to put the time in.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-19-2002, 12:07 PM
PET TALKS MY ONE AND ONLY!:D
I spend so much time here, I wouldn't have time for another board, not that I want one.:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2002, 12:16 PM
Here are two pictures of Tubby *in* my Corvette. He likes to sneak in without me knowing about it when I have the door open. When these pictures were taken, I didn't realize he was inside until I closed the door and saw him looking at me out the back window. :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2002, 12:19 PM
Ok, here's the second one. I didn't know we could only attach one picture to a post.

When he gets in, he has to check *everything* out, and won't come out until he's good and ready to. :rolleyes:

LoudLou
03-19-2002, 12:20 PM
You mean there are OTHER Boards?!?!..;) Pet Talk is THE ONLY one I like!

lynnestankard
03-19-2002, 02:02 PM
What time is there to try other sites? I'm in and out of here all day long!!:D :D Busy busy!!

T & P's Mom - LOVE the pictures of Tubby - he's the image of my sweetling furbaby Bagel. Why is he called Tubby? He looks so svelte!:D

Nice thread Pam. Thanks. :D

Lynne

wolflady
03-19-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by purrley
Good Grief I'm on PT way to much as it is!!! I couldn't afford another board:p

I know this to be a true statement for me! LOL LOL I have looked at other boards before...but I wasn't drawn to them, and I felt like an "outsider". Here, it's more like a cyber family of friends and fur!! LOL LOL PT is my one and only!! I definitely spend way too much time here as it is! LOL LOL But I wouldn't have it any other way:D

C.C.'s Mom
03-19-2002, 02:52 PM
Mainly Pet Talk since I like it best.
I also visit the Golden Retriever board on MSN, but not so often since it takes ages to load and that's not what my patience can deal with.

I also visit 2 other boards that are not related to pets, but those are soooooo boring!

I'm usually online in the morning after the morning walk with the dog, and it's my time for drinking my coffee and relax. The evenings are for my husband and the animals who need to be petted.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2002, 03:10 PM
Thanks, Lynnestankard. :)

Tubby is in the beginning stages of kidney failure and used to throw up a lot, and I think he wasn't eating as much either, so he has lost a couple of pounds in the last few years. Now we've got it under control and he is eating more, but he doesn't seem to gain the weight back. Someone who was seeing him for the first time said "He's an older cat isn't he?" When I said yes, she said she could tell because he's got the body of an older cat (not as muscular as a younger cat).

So I guess everything sags for the kitty kats as they get older, just like it does on us. :eek: :rolleyes: :( :)

sasvermont
03-19-2002, 03:41 PM
Just Pet Talk

Cincy'sMom
03-19-2002, 04:56 PM
I occasionally visit one, vin.com It is a vet baord, but also has an area for pet lovers. I don't post very often there, I go more to look for health information

Sudilar
03-19-2002, 09:00 PM
Quite a few boards. I post the most here, though. Canine Liver Disease Board is important to me also, however, I am mostly a lurker there. Then there are the GSD boards and many Disney boards too. So many boards, so little time! sigh

AvaJoy
03-19-2002, 09:18 PM
Pet Talk, exclusively!

todd
03-20-2002, 01:04 AM
I have about 10 Board,s on cat, and other stuff on country music to.:rolleyes:

Gio
03-20-2002, 05:02 AM
Pet Talk is the only pet related board I visit and participate in. I used to log in the board for people with disabled pets but when my PC crashed I lost all the details.

I visit 1-2 stained glass related boards but not very often since I spend most of the time here :D

mruffruff
03-20-2002, 03:02 PM
I visit two other boards regularly. They are for blind dogs and diabetic dogs. I visit this board for FUN!

And I feel at home here. Other boards are more clique-ish.

Mary

AdoreMyDogs
03-29-2002, 07:40 PM
Pet Talk is where my heart is! I do visit Jackie's "For The Love Of Dogs", but I am with Aly, it's so quick and I feel out of place there. I don't know hardly anyone, and it seems like everyone on that site is very, very close. They seem nice, and they did vote my Graham as the funniest dog picture, but it's still a bit overwelming for shy little me. I also don't have too much time anymore so I can't even visit PT as much as I would like.

My 2nd favorite site is Jackie's site, without a doubt. I just don't know and love the regulars there as much as the regulars here.