PDA

View Full Version : Be careful with Halloween coming up

janelle
10-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Anyone with a black cat please watch them extra closely at this time of year. Lots of black cats are taken for who knows what horrible reason. We all know there are crazies out there. :mad:

jazzcat
10-03-2005, 10:15 PM
I know, even though Jazz is an indoor only cat I still worry about her around that time. Isn't it strange that our culture is that way towards black cats while other cultures consider them good luck.

Laura's Babies
10-03-2005, 10:27 PM
My Samantha is strickly a inside kitty now, even though her former Mom swears she wouldn't stay inside at her house, she has never tried to get out of this house, not one single time!... I have always heard that black cats bring their owners GOOD luck!

catnapper
10-03-2005, 10:32 PM
I know! The rescue I volunteer for does not adopt out black cats/kittens during october unless we know its a good home. I just adopted out my 3 legged foster, and the adopting parents were VERY concerned about the whole black cat/Halloween thing.

I just can't believe how cruel some people could be to hurt a black cat at this time of year. Or any time of year at that matter!

Sonia59
10-04-2005, 03:21 AM
Anyone with a black cat please watch them extra closely at this time of year. Lots of black cats are taken for who knows what horrible reason. We all know there are crazies out there. :mad:

OMG, I did not know about that! It's horrible! When I read this I first thought you were joking, but obviously not! :mad:

I have no idea if these things happen in Europe too. In France, Halloween is not a big event, it used to be in the last years for commercial reasons, but it has lost importance now.

G535
10-04-2005, 03:29 AM
We don't have Halloween here either. My cat stays inside with me always, far too many crazies outside.