PDA

View Full Version : What does $1,437.97 get you?

kuhio98
10-03-2005, 06:12 PM
HALO! :D
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/Aug2005004.jpg

Now that Halo has been given a clean bill of health (Read about it here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=86407)) I decided to add up all of Halo's vet bills. Some of you might remember that our nickname for Halo is "Baby Grand". Well, her vet bills have been considerably more than a thousand dollars. :eek: Thank goodness we had saved money for things like this.

Sorry, no new photos. I was playing with Allie (the D-A-W-G next door) and she accidently got in the house and chased the kitties. They are all in hiding right now but I feel their stares shooting daggers at me. I have a feeling, I'm gonna pay for that mistake. :p

Soapets
10-03-2005, 06:31 PM
What a precious thing to have for "only" $1,437.97! :D I'm sure you would have paid LOTS more for Halo if it had been necessary. I'm afraid to add up the costs for our three versions of your Halo! Our littlest of them is on my shoulder right now, watching the screen, trying to see if Halo is REALLY worth all that much! :D

catmandu
10-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Lets see 1,437.97 ,that gets you,a lot Of Cat Love,the knowledge,that you helped your best friend out of a tough scrape.
I paid 1285 For John Hancock three years ago,and have never regretted it,as I know you dont.
You have a Gold Star,at The Rainbow Bridge,and that is priceless.
And http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1053.jpgMoose,and Halo,Twins?

NoahsMommy
10-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Oh Halo....aren't you the expensive little one??? (But well worth it, sweetie!!)

Well, while its not the most fun thing to spend all that money on, at least you have a happy kitty that will always thank you. :)

Glad she's better. This is wonderful news! :)

Hugs,
Kelly :)

jenluckenbach
10-03-2005, 08:22 PM
And worth every penny. (I personally do not DARE add up vet bills.....I might pass out cold) ;)

Laura's Babies
10-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Some things are just PRICELESS!

CalliesMom
10-03-2005, 08:34 PM
:) SO glad to hear she has gotten a clean bill of health. Though she's an expensive little girl, she is worth every cent.

jazzcat
10-03-2005, 10:21 PM
:) SO glad to hear she has gotten a clean bill of health. Though she's an expensive little girl, she is worth every cent.
My thoughts exactly!

catnapper
10-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Congrats Halo on your new clean bill of health!!! We need to come up with a new nickname for you!

kuhio98
10-03-2005, 11:10 PM
We need to come up with a new nickname for you!

I'm considering "Million Dollar Baby" but I'm afraid I'd be tempting fate. :p

I don't have the vocabulary to express how much I love this gentle girl. It is such a joy to watch her coming out of her shell. Pepper has been so good for her. It's like she's watching Pepper to see how a "real" cat should act. I'll give her some people food and she'll sniff at it and walk away. But, if Pepper starts to eat it, Halo comes back and gives it another try. She stopped ducking her head away from us a long time ago and she'll actually get on the furniture now all by herself (she acts like she was hit in the past if she got on). I've even heard her purr a few times. I worry so much about her with her crappy immune system. She's been tested for everything they can think of and they can't find a thing. She's just a one medical mystery after another. :p

Kirbys Mom
10-03-2005, 11:23 PM
wow i hope my new chihuahua doesnt rack up bills like that
i will be livin on each paycheck each weeek just to get buy

Sonia59
10-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Halo, you are priceless, mommy loves you so much, and we love you too!
Rub-Rub ;)

orangemm
10-04-2005, 04:42 AM
You can say that it was money well spent! Better to use it for Halo than for other useless things! You can't buy love, but this is the next best thing.

sirrahbed
10-04-2005, 06:16 AM
Lisa - your post is so sweet! Halo is a sweetheart for sure - and I am glad that her health is now better.

I think I agree with Jen - that I might get sick if I added up vet bills :p

Halo really is a priceless little girl. Love that picture, too! :D

QueenScoopalot
10-04-2005, 08:03 AM
But don't you feel better knowing that Halo is just fine? Peace of mind can be priceless too. :) And being only a youngster, you'll be enjoying many more years ahead with pretty Halo....feeling better now? :confused: :D

rkidsrcats
10-04-2005, 08:12 AM
The Tribe will chip in an extra $2.03 to make it a nice round figure of $1440.00!! :p
Halo is worth that and more we say! We agree that it is money well spent.
We took ScooterPie to the vet last Thurs. to check on his URI and the vet suggested X-rays of his little lungs to rule out some things. I said yes without hesitation and she was like..."I can get you an estimate, blah blah blah.." and I was like "Who needs an estimate. If and Xray will help you decide the best course of action to make him well, lets do it."
That's just the way it is. That's why you are such a good family for Halo. She needs a little extra care and attention and she is starting to blossom!

catlady1945
10-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Heh, heh --- but worth every penny, right? I would be afraid to add up my vet bills over the years.

Edwina's Secretary
10-04-2005, 09:50 AM
I took Eddie yesterday for his "well kitty" visit and walked out $230.00 lighter in the pocket book! Ouch!

What an angel little Halo is!.... :D ;) :D

catmandu
10-04-2005, 09:52 AM
When my Friend Princess was at the Vets,and he couldnt reach me,he wondered if he should do the 600 dollars worth,of dental that she needed.
My Friend Jan said go ahead,he loves her.
I have never been paid a nicer compliment.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture785.jpg
And she is worth every penny!

furrykidsmother
10-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Worth every penny!! What a beautiful girl!

Craftlady
10-04-2005, 10:39 AM
We are getting op their in figures from the last 2 months. After yesterdays white coat visit for ear mits we are over $1000.

Logan
10-04-2005, 10:55 AM
One time, the vet's bookkeeper sent me a statement that showed the total I had spent at their office since we started going there. :eek: It was over $5000, and that was probably 7 years ago or more, when I only had Mimi and Kaycee (my RB Cocker Spaniel). I said something about how I expected a wing of the clinic to be named after me, and mysteriously, that total never showed up again! LOL!!! I would hate to see it now with all the animals we have, plus Butter's ongoing skin issues. I imagine it would be in excess of $15,000, but still less than it could be since he gives me such breaks!

Logan