PDA

View Full Version : Do you drink milk?

CagneyDog
10-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Do you drink milk?

I hate milk, I had a sip of sour milk two years ago and I haven't been able to drink it again.

catnapper
10-03-2005, 02:18 PM
I HATE milk. Bleck. I used to eat cereal with a fork because of it. Now I use a spoon but I habitually pour the milk off the spoon before I eat it.

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 02:20 PM
I cannot drink whole milk, though. I can drink skim. I prefer soy, though. Whole milk is way too much, and, I always feel gross and fat and heavy after I've had a glass of it. Blech. I rarely drink a glass of milk just on it's own though, I use it in my oatmeal mostly. And, when I was eating cereal, I would use it in that as well.

Jamieejo85
10-03-2005, 02:20 PM
I drink it once in a while but only skim milk. Everyone tells me its gross and tastes watered down but that is all I have ever drank so everything else tastes nasty to me :p

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Do you drink milk?

I hate milk, I had a sip of sour milk two years ago and I haven't been able to drink it again.

It took me years before I could drink apple juice one time because of the same thing. I drank apple juice that had fermented, oh my gosh...it was the absolute worst! Like an oyster, that's what it felt like. Ugh. I will drink apple juice, now, though, but, it's been about five years since that happened.

wolfsoul
10-03-2005, 02:26 PM
I LOVE milk. I would die without it. I have 5 or 6 bowls of cereal a day, and I am always drinking glasses of milk. I probably have the healthiest bones on the face of the planet. :D

k9krazee
10-03-2005, 02:26 PM
I LOVE milk, I guess my whole family does. We go through milk so fast (usually a gallon every day, day and a half...6 people) that my parents restricted it to one glass at dinner and with breakfast. I went a month without it last summer, I missed it sooo much!

Kfamr
10-03-2005, 02:27 PM
I don't like milk. It makes me feel gross after drinking it. So, that's a no. :p

Flatcoatluver
10-03-2005, 02:27 PM
only when i have choclate or ceral but that is like once a month

Anita Cholaine
10-03-2005, 02:30 PM
I love milk with chocolate or cereal, but I don't have any problem drinking it alone... I used to drink a lot of milk when I was little, so I think I have quite healthy bones... :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
10-03-2005, 02:30 PM
I never liked milk, the aftertaste it leaves in my mouth turned me against it. Now I find I am lactose intolerant anyway and people accept that a lot easier than me saying I don't like it... Sad thing is that now all the deserts I like with pudding is off limits to me now too... :(

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 02:35 PM
I saw a site once that totally made me sick to my stomach about milk, and, it took me awhile before I had regular milk again. Soy milk is decent, though, and, it's not the mammary secretions of another species (ICK), so, I can drink it without feeling gross. ;) I also read somewhere (and, I wish I could remember where!) that the asian culture (or maybe it was more specific) doesn't drink a lot of milk, and, they don't have problems with weak bones or osteoporosis (don't know if that's spelled that correctly). I don't know, though...dang it, I wish I could remember the source of that info. Darn.

Randi
10-03-2005, 02:39 PM
I love milk, but it has to be cold and fresh. I have it every day with my cereal, and I have a glass with my lunch.

I don't like the fattest kind anymore, but I really hate skimmed milk, would rather drink a glass of water!

Some are allergic to milk. :(

Jessika
10-03-2005, 02:46 PM
I do, I like 2% and can't drink anything lower because it tastes watery to me. theres nothing better than some milk and cookies!

Samantha Puppy
10-03-2005, 02:46 PM
I won't go out of my way to drink milk, but I can if I have to. I hate skim and whole, but I can tolerate 1% or 2% - even better if it's chocolate. The only time I will purposely drink milk is when I am having a piece of chocolate cake or homemade chocolate chip cookies. Otherwise, I do my best to avoid it... which has really pissed off my husband since I got pregnant. :cool:

PJ's Mom
10-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Some are allergic to milk. :(

I was until I was around 10. Then my mother poured the stuff into me so much I can't stand it now. :p

luvofallhorses
10-03-2005, 02:55 PM
I really hate milk. I like chocolate milk but not plain. I only have it with cereal(I barely eat cereal) and with cookies. Otherwise I don't like it. :p

slick
10-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Too much, I'm afraid. I go through almost 2 quarts of skim milk a day. It's like an addiction to me. :o

gemini9961
10-03-2005, 03:08 PM
I LOVE milk. Everytime I see one of those semi truck that carry milk, I think to myself that I need to get one of those. I drink 2%. I don't care much for anything else. I would die without milk. My whole family are big milk drinkers, gotta get my calcium. I have scoliosis, so I make sure to get as much calcium as I can. I nearly have a panic attack when we are out of milk.

grybai
10-03-2005, 03:10 PM
I LOVE milk. I used to drink like a gallon a day when I was a kid, but I've since cut back a lot. It now makes me feel really sick so I can only drink it in small portions.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-03-2005, 03:11 PM
I LOVE milk!! I'm actually drinking a glass right now, and it's my forth glass today. I had a glass at breakfast, 2 glasses at lunch, and a glass now.

edit: after reading this thread I have a craving for a bowl of cheerios.

carole
10-03-2005, 03:15 PM
I am also not a big fan of milk, I cannot simply drink a plain glass of milk, I do have it in cereal and can drink it with say a flavouring in it, I only have low fat milk, I cannot bear full cream milk, yuck, I wish I liked it more though as I need more calcium in my diet.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-03-2005, 03:28 PM
I love milk!! It must be cold too. I only drink warm milk when I may add some chocolate powder or honey (is good to fall asleep!!).
Half skimmed milk is my favorite kind; but since I am trying to loose some weight, I always buy skimmed milk now :rolleyes: :D

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 03:30 PM
I am also not a big fan of milk, I cannot simply drink a plain glass of milk, I do have it in cereal and can drink it with say a flavouring in it, I only have low fat milk, I cannot bear full cream milk, yuck, I wish I liked it more though as I need more calcium in my diet.

I take a calcium supplement. :)

ramanth
10-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Love milk!! :D Grew up on 2%, but because of my Endo issues, I buy Low Fat Milk now.

I also like Soy Milk. :)

crsvstang
10-03-2005, 03:46 PM
No, I do not like milk. Only time I might have milk is if I have hot chocolate or eat cereal.

petslover
10-03-2005, 03:47 PM
I love milk. I drink it with cereal and deserts and sometimes all by itself. Milk goes really fast at my house.

Roxyluvsme13
10-03-2005, 04:03 PM
I hate milk, too...I know I should drink it, but its HORRIBLE to me

popcornbird
10-03-2005, 05:04 PM
I LOVE milk!!!!!! Can't live without it. My favorite drinks in the world:

Water
Milk
Jamba Juice
Starbucks Coffee

;)

What's funny about me though is that I can't drink milk in other countries. The milk in England (the one I have seen anyway) has a layer of 'fat' on the top of the bottle. That somehow grosses me out, and I don't drink it. In Eastern countries...the milk has a bit of a strange flavor. I don't like it. My milk HAS TO BE American or Canadian milk. If its anything else, I won't drink it. It just doesn't taste right...somehow. :o...Oh, and it has to be either 2% or 1%. Whole milk is too thick. Non-fat is too watery. ;)

Cookiebaker
10-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Yes and Yes and YeS! I looooove milk! I've cut down quite a bit, but when we first married I drank a gallon in 3 days...by myself. :eek:

jackie
10-03-2005, 05:19 PM
I love milk!

In Eastern countries...the milk has a bit of a strange flavor.
Its probably lack of horomones that makes it taste different, lol. :rolleyes:

Vette
10-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Yuk. i dont like milk by itself. i find it rather blan.
but with oreo cookies or crereal its okay. :o

Pam
10-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Yes I am a milk drinker. I have recently switched to 1% from 2% and have actually become accustomed to it even though I never thought I could.

jazzcat
10-03-2005, 05:41 PM
I love it! It's a big part of my daily diet. I always drink skim milk.

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-03-2005, 05:43 PM
I can't stand milk! I find it disgusting....

lizbud
10-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Yes. I love milk.Don't much like the 2% or skim milk though.
It has to be fresh & cold. :)

chocolatepuppy
10-03-2005, 06:54 PM
I drink milk everyday. 2% :D

just me
10-03-2005, 07:12 PM
I love milk, we drink it every day. Whole Milk- YUM ;)

RICHARD
10-03-2005, 07:22 PM
I wish I could drink milk. :(

I have to plan my day around a bowl of cereal or glass of milk.

:(

Uabassoon
10-03-2005, 07:33 PM
I like milk, I rarely ever drink it alone though only if I'm eating cookies or cake. However I enjoy lattes (espresso with milk) and usually drink one everyday.

joanofark
10-03-2005, 08:20 PM
I LOVE milk. I would die without it. I have 5 or 6 bowls of cereal a day, and I am always drinking glasses of milk. I probably have the healthiest bones on the face of the planet. :D

That's me! :p

abbersmom
10-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Yuck...lol
Mom said as soon as she took me off the bottle, I refused milk from then on...I will use just enough on cereal to make ir wet! lol

Oh...and strange as this may sound...I DO like buttermilk...nothing else, no way now how!

NoahsMommy
10-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Yum! I LOVE milk...yummy!

I love it nice and icy cold. I'll put ice in it if its not cold enough for me. I go through a gallon each week, just me!!

I've gotten down to 1% and that's as far as I can go. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE whole milk, but I try to be good fat-wise.

If you can tolerate it, its very good for you. Its even shown to help people lose weight! Yay for milk! ;)

slleipnir
10-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Love milk!!! Especially when it has Kaluha in it ;) lol jk

cocker_luva
10-03-2005, 09:49 PM
i cant stand the taste of milk, i havent had a glass in about 11 years.

K9karen
10-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Yes and No.
Yes if it's in something, like ICE CREAM or mashed potatoes. A drizzle on cereal. I switched to fat free/skim Lactaid. Blech. I'd never be able to drink it by the glass.

Uabassoon
10-04-2005, 01:14 AM
Oh...and strange as this may sound...I DO like buttermilk...nothing else, no way now how!

My dad will often pour himself a glass of buttermilk, I always thought that was so strange!

I also really like malt in my milk. When I was a kid my dad used to add it to my milk, we have malt at my work and sometimes I'll add it to my milk and the tastes reminds me of being a little kid.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-04-2005, 07:25 AM
I am drinking a glass NOW (my third today) - but it must be ICE COLD!!

dogzr#1
10-04-2005, 07:42 AM
I like milk but only with certain things. I can only drink milk with something sweet like cookies or cake. I can't drink it by itself or with anything that isn't sweet. So yes and no. My brothers on the other hand drink it like it's going out of style. We waste almost 2gallons a day. (8people in my family)

beeniesmom
10-04-2005, 07:43 AM
I HATE MILK.
I cannot drink it anymore.
I think it's because I used to drink so much of it as a kid that I just hated the taste of it one day. I stopped drinking it when I was 10.
I can't stand hot chocolate either because of the milk aftertaste.
I started having OJ in my cereal.... but that didn't last long. I just don't have cereal anymore either. I eat plenty of cheese though to supplement the lack of milk. I wish I still liked it.

trayi52
10-04-2005, 08:00 AM
I'm 52 years old and I hate milk! I was raised on a Dairy farm, where you could smell the warm milk coming up out of the milk cans, and it absolutely was sickening! I just can't stand the slimey taste it leaves in my mouth! I won't even drink it in my coffee. Guess I was around it too much as a kid, plus my mother made me drink it! Yuk! That was fresh milk from the cow! No, I just can't drink milk.

Willie :)

finn's mom
10-04-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm 52 years old and I hate milk! I was raised on a Dairy farm, where you could smell the warm milk coming up out of the milk cans, and it absolutely was sickening! I just can't stand the slimey taste it leaves in my mouth!

That would have done it for me, too, Willie. My whole thing with milk is that, I know it's important for human babies to drink their mother's milk. But, we stop drinking it at some point as a youngster. Same with other baby animals, they need mother's milk while they're young, but, even baby cows stop drinking their mother's milk at a young age. And, here we are, drinking a mother cow's milk. The baby cow doesn't even need it, anymore...just the thought, once it really hit me what milk was, of drinking another species' milk from their mammary glands, even if it isn't directly from the teat...omg. I was sick for a few days once I really thought about it. Blech. I drink soy milk almost exclusively now. Every once in awhile I'll put skim milk in my oatmeal if that's all that's available. Yep, I know I'm weird, but, I know a few people who won't drink it for the same reasons. Shew, at least I'm not the only one. ;)

lbaker
10-04-2005, 09:07 AM
I absolutely love a huge glass of cold milk. I can't imagine eating a slice of cake - especially chocolate cake - without a glass of milk. Milk with sandwiches, milk with cookies.. YUM, MILK!