PDA

View Full Version : More than one account here?

Randi
10-03-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm wondering, how many of you have more than one account here, and why?

beeniesmom
10-03-2005, 11:13 AM
I believe that having more than 1 profile is against the forum rules.
I don't know why some people do. I guess they like talking to themselves. :confused:

Flatcoatluver
10-03-2005, 11:23 AM
yeah it really dosn't make any sence, i think alot of them do it when they get banned, but everybody in pt hate it and get confused, i know i do!

luvofallhorses
10-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Nope and never will. :)

Flatcoatluver
10-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Nope and never will. :)
yep i never will do, if i get banned then i get banned i will be sad, but i am not gonna make karen or paul mad and join again!

Anita Cholaine
10-03-2005, 11:48 AM
It sounds stupid to be banned from a forum, and them come back again, pretending to be another person... I would never do that......

gemini9961
10-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Just this account for me. :D

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 01:06 PM
I had guster girl, and, I wish I could have combined the two or kept that one. But, when I got a salon receptionist job in Dallas, I could never log on as guster girl. I had to create a completely new account...finn's mom. So, I technically have two. :)

catnapper
10-03-2005, 01:08 PM
I have three. :o

I signed up as Pouncers_mom.... but couldn't log in under that name for some reason. So I tried pouncersmom... also couldn't log in under that name. So I tried one last time as "catnapper" and I guess third time was the charm! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-03-2005, 03:31 PM
1 account, of course!! Why would anybody open several accounts :confused:

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 03:32 PM

I put my reasons in a post a few above yours...and, at least one other person has, also. :)

Flatcoatluver
10-03-2005, 03:36 PM
it make sence why finn and cat napper have others, but what makes me mad is if people will post a topic, and then they switch to another account and says stuff, like thanks for the advise and starts talking about why she posted the thread. It just confuses me and when i get confused i can't get out of being confused!

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 03:42 PM
it make sence why finn and cat napper have others, but what makes me mad is if people will post a topic, and then they switch to another account and says stuff, like thanks for the advise and starts talking about why she posted the thread. It just confuses me and when i get confused i can't get out of being confused!

If you know people are doing that, don't bother with reading their threads, then. They're obviously not being honest, so, you don't need to associate or worry about them. Especially if you know that they are doing it. That's just silly.

Flatcoatluver
10-03-2005, 03:44 PM
If you know people are doing that, don't bother with reading their threads, then. They're obviously not being honest, so, you don't need to associate or worry about them. Especially if you know that they are doing it. That's just silly.
i don't know that there doing that, untill i read it.

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 03:46 PM
i don't know that there doing that, untill i read it.

eh, i still wouldn't worry too much or let it confuse you.

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-03-2005, 05:49 PM
I have another one but for some reason it stopped letting me log on and then when I was finally able to log on it would log me back out within 2 minutes. After a couple weeks I tried logging in again and it kept saying I had an incorrect password so I gave up and made a new account....

Flatcoatluver
10-03-2005, 05:50 PM
hopefully that won't happen to me

RobiLee
10-03-2005, 06:13 PM

Didn't you use to have an account with your name, Lut?

jesse_3
10-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Well, I had joined a LONG time ago, and accidently forgot it..I feel bad now, I just remebered it. I think that is something like, jesse_sammy? I don't even know..Shoot..I am sorry:( I didn't remember that one.. I will NEVER open it though, that is just dumb, and I don't agree with it. Dang it, I feel so guilty.

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

labrado_retriever123
10-03-2005, 09:22 PM
i love the account i have now! whats the point you have 2 or 3 accounts - i meant - why? to lie?

aly
10-04-2005, 01:15 AM
I don't know why some people do. I guess they like talking to themselves. :confused:

I only talk to myself in person :D so this has been my one and only account.

Killearn Kitties
10-04-2005, 03:44 AM
I have three. :o

I signed up as Pouncers_mom.... but couldn't log in under that name for some reason. So I tried pouncersmom... also couldn't log in under that name. So I tried one last time as "catnapper" and I guess third time was the charm! :D
Hahaha!! I remember that, and what is so funny is that they all come up on your birthday! :D :D

I have logged in as Mystery Guest, does that count?????

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-04-2005, 04:00 AM
Didn't you use to have an account with your name, Lut?

Yes, I did, but I never had 2 accounts at the same time! For some reasons, I left PT more than a year ago, and my usersname "Lut" got deleted. End of 2004, I made the best decision in my life and came back to Pet Talk. As I wanted to make a complete new start, I chose the name "Maya & Inka's Mommy". I wish I had never been so stupid to leave, I still feel so bad about it.... . I LOVE my PT-friends!!!!

Cincy'sMom
10-04-2005, 05:34 AM
For awhile, I too was having issues logging on undermy "true" user name, so created a second account, Cincysmom (no ' ). I've also used Ralph's account or mymom's account when I couldn't get on otherwise, but I guess that doesn't really count as a third and 4th

Vette
10-04-2005, 05:37 AM
I dont see the point in more then one account either. unless you forogt your password and cant login.. or if you get plum sick and tired of your handle.
other then that,, i dont see any reason for having several accounts either.

Karen
10-04-2005, 07:18 AM
People should not have more than one account. If you are having trouble with an existing account, email me, and I can always check the account and if necessary reset the password so you can log in again!

Logan
10-04-2005, 10:37 AM
I chose to change my nickname a long time ago, and my old account, lhg0962, still exists, but I don't think I could log into it if I wanted to! :o LOL! One guy named Martin, who doesn't ever post anymore, asked why I just didn't have an "easy" name, and that prompted me to change it and I've been "Logan" ever since. I think I had over 800 posts under the old name, but have never used it since then. My situation, like Lut's and Amy's and others is one of those that wasn't "abusing" Pet Talk, posting under different names at different times, just a circumstance that arose and I couldn't change my nickname, so I just rejoined under another name. I think I did it in 2001, so you guys definitely know who I am at this point! Karen, you can feel free to delete lhg0962 as it will never be used again.

Now as for Queen Mimi........I have no control over that girl, for sure!! :D

jennifert9
10-04-2005, 11:21 AM
When I first joined I was just Jennifert but after being away from Pet Talk for a while due to computer problems, I either forgot my password and/or it didn't work when I tried to sign in. SO I just added a 9 to the end of it! I have quite a few posts under my old user name...in fact I think I would be a pillar 2x over by now!!! :) I signed in as Duncan something once just so that I could PM Karen and ask her to fix my account for some reason...(I can't remember why??) but I then emailed her and had her delete that username. Why anyone would want more than one username is beyond me! I can barely remember the passowrd to this one!!! LOL!! :D