PDA

View Full Version : Poor Luna is feeling nauseaus :(

Kirsten
10-03-2005, 04:38 AM
I was just reading Pet Talk with Lily in my lap, when we heard an alarming sound... Went looking, and right - Luna has thrown up twice. :( The same happened last Sunday.

I spent the last two weekends painting my doors, and I have to admit, the stench of the paint is giving me nausea, migraine and conjuctivitis also. Obviously it's making Luna sick, too. :( Last weekend, she threw up her breakfast right after she ate, this time, she didn't even eat at all. :(

Luckily I'm done now painting, and I can't wait to get the smell out of here! Will still take a couple of days though.

I hate the thought that what I have done here makes my baby feel bad!

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
10-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Awe! Luna baby, hope you feel better soon. Have Meowmie open up some windows and let that ole smell of the new paint out of there!

Craftlady
10-03-2005, 09:20 AM
A tip I learned from a maintance guy years ago when I worked at an insurance company. It works and I use this tip everytime I'm painting.
Put a teaspoon or so (normally I just pour little bit into the can) of vanilla extract (stuff used in baking). Stir into the paint (it wont change the color of your paint).
What this does is gives you the smell of vanilla as the paint goes on and as it dries.

The maintance guy would paint using this technique in the office so that it wouldnt bother any mom's to be (the smell of paint fumes) It also benefited the rest of us. :)

catmandu
10-03-2005, 09:32 AM
We hope that Luna Tummy is feeling better.The Found Cats all avoided the Kitchen,when it was being painted,so the theory of the smell of paint,is probbaly correct!!
Vanilla Extract,I have learned something new!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos645.jpg

NoahsMommy
10-03-2005, 08:46 PM
What a great idea, Craftlady! :)

Poor Luna and Kirsten. Hopefully that icky smell and icky feeling will go away ASAP.

Hugs, Kelly :)

jazzcat
10-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Poor Luna! I hope you both feel better soon.