PDA

View Full Version : Halloween/Fall picture contest?

PJ's Mom
10-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Is anyone interested in having one? :)

Jessika
10-02-2005, 10:56 PM
There is already one being held by another member... I lost the url though, perhaps someone else will be able to post it for you!

PJ's Mom
10-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Cool. Thanks. :) I'll take a look for it too. :D

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 12:47 AM
I think it's a great idea...I know there's one in pet general...where is the one for dogs? I didn't see it...I'd like to enter, wherever it is! :)

DogLover9501
10-03-2005, 02:42 AM
I might be interested too :)

PJ's Mom
10-03-2005, 08:24 AM
I didn't see one for doggies yet. We'll have to make one. :D

Flatcoatluver
10-03-2005, 10:38 AM
no the one in pet general is just for pets, can't have dogs or cats in it! so yes you should make one

Flatcoatluver
10-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Zoey and t.j. would love to enter too!

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 10:40 AM
I've gotten some photos I can enter if we do the contest! :)

PJ's Mom
10-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Do you think it sould be Halloween, fall or a combination? If we do both, we get to see more pics. :D

luvofallhorses
10-03-2005, 11:06 AM
I think it should be both because some people don't celebrate Halloween or get stuff for Halloween and they want to do fall. I hope that makes sense. :o

Flatcoatluver
10-03-2005, 11:21 AM
I think it should be both because some people don't celebrate Halloween or get stuff for Halloween and they want to do fall. I hope that makes sense. :o
agree with you, because i dunno if i wanna put zoey in a costume or do something else, i will decide though ;)

PJ's Mom
10-03-2005, 11:24 AM

Sounds good to me. :)

luvofallhorses
10-03-2005, 11:29 AM
:) I can't wait to do it. :) I just have to get new batteries for my camera, though. :p

Flatcoatluver
10-03-2005, 11:32 AM
oh yeah thanks for reminding me!

Kfamr
10-03-2005, 01:12 PM
I'd be willing to hold the contest if anyone isn't yet. :)

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 01:16 PM
I definitely think it should just be a fall thing, that way you can decide if you want to specify a holiday (halloween or thanksgiving)...or if you just want to go with the general fall look. Halloween is so specific. I think an autumn theme would enable more people to participate, and, make the contest more interesting. :) I've never really liked the whole photoshoot thing, but, I think I got a couple that are cute of Finn. I'd offer to host the contest, but, I wouldn't know where to start, and, I am not going to have much time here by the end of the week! I hope kfamr or someone else can host it, I think it will be fun!

Kfamr
10-03-2005, 01:20 PM
I was thinking maybe a "Holiday Spirit" Contest... It could be any of the Holidays that are celebrated in the months of October, November, and December. I was actually trying to think of something last night before I read this thread.

What do you all think of it, should it strictly be Fall/Halloween?

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 01:24 PM
I was thinking maybe a "Holiday Spirit" Contest... It could be any of the Holidays that are celebrated in the months of October, November, and December. I was actually trying to think of something last night before I read this thread.

What do you all think of it, should it strictly be Fall/Halloween?

I like the idea of including the winter months, too...would we be able to make it where it wasn't just holidays, though? Like if someone just wanted to contribute a photo of their dog in the snow...that wouldn't be necessarily a christmas photo, but, it would be ok if it was just a fall/winter contest...I don't know...just trying to think of everything...I think a seasonal thing would be cool, that way it isn't just limited to holidays, but, the holidays are included. :)

Kfamr
10-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but don't know what to call it. The Holiday Seasons, maybe?

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but don't know what to call it. The Holiday Seasons, maybe?

I don't know...umm...end of the year? Months that end in -er? ha ha, sorry, I'm brainstorming...and, not coming up with much...Fall/Winter seems so drab...I guess it doesn't really matter too much what you call it, as long as the rules are clear as to what's allowed. Like calling it The Holiday Season would be awesome, but, let people know that it doesn't have to necessarily be a holiday that they use as inspiration for their photoshoot...then, the person hosting it could maybe split up voting into specifics...like fall, winter, halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, etc...and, then the winners from each get voted on for the big winner. I hope that all makes sense...

Kfamr
10-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah, the only think about seperating them like that, who knows if there will only be 1 entry for winter, 2 for Christmas, etc. If I host it i'm sure i'll figure something out.

If anyone else wants to host it, just let me know and i'll pass the duty onto you. :)

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Yeah, the only think about seperating them like that, who knows if there will only be 1 entry for winter, 2 for Christmas, etc. If I host it i'm sure i'll figure something out.

That's true. I thought of that, too. You could always just do it that way, and, if you have only one for winter, they win by default. ;) No matter what, they'd still have to be voted on again in the final round. Or you could even just keep the entries in order as you receive them...kinda like a first come, first serve thing...and, separate them like that. Does that make sense? Like if you receive twenty, separate them in to four groups of five... the first five entries you receive will go in the first round, second five go in the second round, etc...hmm...It's a lot to think about. :)

Kfamr
10-03-2005, 01:46 PM
That's what usually happens. ("First come first serve.")

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 01:47 PM
That's what usually happens. ("First come first serve.")

Gotcha. I had no idea how they were usually run. That's why I'm not volunteering to do it, because I wouldn't really have a clue! :) I'll leave it to the experts.

Kfamr
10-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Soooo.. is no one else hosting it?

PJ's Mom
10-04-2005, 11:16 PM
i wanted to but I've never done it before. Can you do it and I'll help? :D

vinjashira
10-05-2005, 04:43 AM
yay.... picture contest...
I'm ready to vote :D

buttercup132
10-05-2005, 05:26 AM
oo yay im gonnado it i love photo contest then i can do roxys while im doing thunders and rockee's oo its so exciting except....i dont have any haloween stuff...my parents just like to take the kids trick or treating and stuff not decorate...:(

Kfamr
10-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Ack, this sucks because I don't think i'll have time to host it. Between work, relatives visiting from Michigan, and then going to Utah shortly after they leave, my plate is pretty full right now. If someone else wants to do it, feel free. I'm very sorry.

Jessika
10-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Kay, I can help out if you'd like. :)

buckner
10-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Dawn, I just sent you a PM about this.

finn's mom
10-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Well, I hope that we're able to have one, but, if not, I can't complain too much, as I'm not able to host it myself. Hopefully someone will step up and host it for us. :)

PJ's Mom
10-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Dawn, I just sent you a PM about this.

Got it and replied. :)

I'm talking to Kay about this. It will happen, so start taking some pictures! :D

buckner
10-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Problem is I have bed sheets and blankets for almost every holiday EXCEPT Halloween. LOL, I'll have to go out and buy some kind of backdrop for the pictures.. I should have plenty of props for the Goot.

finn's mom
10-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Awesome, thank you for having the contest, I'm excited! :) I have photos already taken! :)

finn's mom
10-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Are we going to have the contest? I just remembered it was being talked about, and, wanted to ask if was still going to happen! :)

PJ's Mom
10-11-2005, 05:11 PM
It is. I've got a new email address set and ready to receive pics. Kay is very busy, but we're just waiting for her to get the rules and such set up.

Stay tuned... :D

finn's mom
10-11-2005, 05:13 PM
It is. I've got a new email address set and ready to receive pics. Kay is very busy, but we're just waiting for her to get the rules and such set up.

Stay tuned... :D

Whoopee!! I have a couple of Finn that turned out really nicely, and, I've been holding them for a bit, and, am excited about entering them. I know it won't win, but, I just like seeing his handsome mug in a contest! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Does anyone here know if there will be a contest for cats too?
Thanks!

finn's mom
10-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Does anyone here know if there will be a contest for cats too?
Thanks!

I didn't see that one was started, but, it would have to be in the cat section that someone hosted it and put it together...I know there's one for pets, but, I didn't see one even mentioned in cats...