PDA

View Full Version : ?? Autumn got very skinny after surgery, is this normal??

Toby's my baby
10-02-2005, 04:24 PM
After Autumn had her surgery (spay)Thursday, and came hom (Friday) she was really skinny. I could feel, and see all her ribs. She is gaining weight (very slowly) I was just wondering if this is normal, I dont remeber Maggie losing any weight after she had surgery. ?? :confused:

gemini9961
10-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Hmm, mine never had that problem. Maybe you should call the vet tomorrow and see what they say.

luvofallhorses
10-02-2005, 05:08 PM
That never has happened to mine. I would call the vet tomorrow to see what they say. Please keep us updated {{{HUGS}}}

Toby's my baby
10-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Ok, I'll try to have my mom call them, since I have school, and a football game, hopefully she is fine!

tatsxxx11
10-03-2005, 09:56 AM
When it doubt, calling the vet is always the best way to go, just to be sure. Hoping for a positive update!:) Get well soon dear Autumn!:)

lv4dogs
10-03-2005, 03:48 PM
I've seen some that do get skinny after surgery, especially the younger & older ones. Tiki my cat got real skinny aftr he got neutered at 5 months of age, gained it all back in no time though.

Forgive my memory (it's been a long & hectic couple weeks for me), but how old is she & what did she have surgery for?

jesse_3
10-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Well, after Jesse's amputation she lost about half her weight..We were worried, and the vet told us that it was a little too low, so watch her. She gained it back in no time though. Her surgery compared to Autumn's is a lot different though..Good luck, my prayers and thoughts will be with Autumn.

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

luvofallhorses
10-04-2005, 12:08 PM
How is Autumn today??