PDA

View Full Version : I'm Soo Happy About My Buns!

Bunnicula05
03-18-2002, 09:32 PM
Well, I'm going through this litter box training issue with my bunnie rabbits so when my parents get back from vacation they will reconsider them living inside. Anyway, Grey (my American Chinchilla) has been going in the box but never did anything. I was getting worried cuz both of them (Gypsee(my Californian) and Grey) hadn't pooped or peed in 24 hours. Well I was on the phone with my cousin Rusty when Grey got in the box and was in there for longer than normal. After he got out I looked in the box and he POOPED! I was sooooooo happy I was telling Rusty all about it! Hehehehe! He hasn't never seen a litter box in his whole life and all of a sudden he knew if he wanted to poop he had to do it in there. I'M STILL BEAMING! Now if only Gypsee will do it I'll be a happy camper! Anyway, thought I would share my joy with you!

AmberLee
03-18-2002, 09:37 PM
Congratulations. Only a pet lover can get so excited about 'in the box' ... thinking? Isn't Pet Talk great? So few would understand!

Karen
03-18-2002, 09:39 PM
Congratulations! Smart Bunny - and I bet the others will follow his example, now that they see where it's done! ;)

Daisylover
03-19-2002, 10:39 AM
Try putting some hay in their litter box(es). For some reason a lot of buns like to hang out, sleep and eat in them. The hay helps reinforce the whole litter box idea.

I alwaysd laughed at my sister when her big news was how her daughter finally used the potty!!! Now I understand!:D
Keep us informed! Good luck!

Heather Wallace
03-19-2002, 01:03 PM
well done, glad that they done it. one of my rabbits done it onced. I have had no luck so far, I think that they like to see me doing get extra work by vacuming all of the time. Naughty rabbits!lol

momoffuzzyfaces
03-19-2002, 02:44 PM
Great news! It reminds me of when my nephew was getting potty trained. The first time he wouldn't let it be flushed until we were all called to come and admire it.:)

Logan
03-19-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Great news! It reminds me of when my nephew was getting potty trained. The first time he wouldn't let it be flushed until we were all called to come and admire it.:)

LOL! :o :o :D

Oh, and by the way, congrats on the "new development"!!

Bunnicula05
03-19-2002, 08:57 PM
I'M REALLY HAPPY BECAUSE THIS MORNING GYPSEE FOLLOWED GREY'S EXAMPLE! NOW THEY BOTH GO IN THE BOX. And they LOVE to eat the shredded paper. I made sure it was okay first with my vet! Hehehe.