PDA

View Full Version : How Rude!

crsvstang
10-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Yesterday, Rob & I was up our our old house they we are remodeling. My dad was up at our house also. Anyways we had Tori up at the house. And he was like "she is ugliest dog I've ever seen", when he first said it I couldn't believe my ears. :eek:

I was like "she is not ugly!" He was like "yeah,she is" then he went to say it is because she is still a pup, and hasn't grown into her body yet. He did say she had really pretty green eyes.

He told me he wasn't being mean. But he did say he thought she would be a pretty dog when she is done growing.

Maybe it was cause her legs are still pretty long, and rest of her body don't match.

I was still upset that he called my dog ugly. :(

*Opps forgot to say it was my dad that said this*

luvofallhorses
10-02-2005, 02:38 PM
:eek: Tori is NOT ugly. What is wrong with him?? he must be blind if he thinks she's ugly. :p Give that sweet girl a hug for me. :) Also, he could be jealous that you have a cute dog and he is just jealous you have a dog period. Don't let people like that get to you, because you know she isn't ugly. :) and I know for a fact she isn't either. :)

k9krazee
10-02-2005, 02:43 PM
:eek: Some people :rolleyes: I think Tori is beautiful!!!!

crsvstang
10-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Well it made me little more upset because it was my dad that said this. :(

I don't think he is jealous. My mom & him have 2 dogs. So I don't think that is what it was.

chocolatepuppy
10-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Tori is not ugly, she's very pretty! I cannot stand to hear anyone call a person or animal ugly! :rolleyes: That word should be taken out of the dictionary! :(

Almita
10-02-2005, 02:51 PM
OMG Tori is a beautiful dog she not ugly!

crsvstang
10-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Thankyou everyone for you kind comments about Tori. :)

I don't really like the word ugly either. But I have used it if I don't like a car or a shirt.

Jessika
10-02-2005, 05:15 PM
crsvstang don't worry I feel your pain. My friends tell me Charlie's ugly all the time, and also tell me my torbies are ugly too. LOL they ask "Why do you always get all the ugly pets?? Why can't you get a NORMAL looking cat or dog??" NORMAL to them is like, a grey striped tabby, or a black and tan shepherd mix dog. No offense to anyone who owns one, but those are too "normal" to me and I like unique looking dogs, which is why I have mine. But aggg! Don't tell me my kids are ugly!! It doesn't hurt THEIR feelings, it hurts MINE!! :( So I know exactly how you feel.

Flatcoatluver
10-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Tori is gorgeus i love her colors and eyes! Thats waht my grandma said about my dog when she was a puppy! I know how you feel!

elizabethann
10-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Is the man blind???

People have said that about my Fenway. It's very rude.

I think he's blind.

GoldenLuv
10-02-2005, 10:26 PM
tell him he's ugly

tori is far from ugly adoreable

K9karen
10-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Who knows why people say such cruel things? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But look at it this way...if your dad is the only person who's ever said that about Tori, than let it slide off your back. He's outnumbered and you and we know the truth. There's no such thing as an ugly dog and it certainly doesn't apply to Tori anyway. Tori's a beauty!

dukedogsmom
10-03-2005, 07:05 AM
I think Tori is very cute. I don't know why your dad said that. It must have hurt more, coming from your dad.

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 07:33 AM
I'm sorry that your dad saying that upset you. I probably would have been more upset had a stranger said it personally, only because I would probably think my dad was just being facetious, like when some people say the dog is "so ugly it's cute"...I know my dad used to say my little dog, bruno, was ugly. I don't know, the fact that your dad explained himself afterwards, kinda shows that he didn't really mean it in a mean way...maybe he didn't know it would hurt your feelings. And, again, I'm only even suggesting that because it didn't hurt mine when my dad said the same thing, and, he knew I wouldn't take it to heart, cuz I knew where it was coming from and I knew he loved my boy. Maybe he was thinking you would understand...I think what saves him is that he came back and basically said he meant that she was awkward and gangly looking, like a teenager sometimes is...I don't know, just trying to see it from a slightly different perspective...it just doesn't sound like it came from a mean place...did he apologize at all?

tricollie4me
10-03-2005, 08:04 AM
Aw, I'm sorry your feelings got hurt -- his intentions might have been good (he thinks Tori will grow into an even lovelier pup) but his choice of words was lacking in the tact department!

For us, we often hear "oh, she's a crazy girl!" in a negative way because Bijou is still such a jumper at 10 months old. They want her to be docile and a couch potato 24/7 -- they forget she's young, playful, and happy! We train her daily and we know she'll learn her manners more and more each day, but until then, we remain grateful she's healthy and exuberant -- and we keep repeating to others that we're just glad to have a pup that loves us as much as we love her. Manners will come!

RobiLee
10-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Don't you worry. Tori is a very pretty girl. Sometimes parents don't realize they say things that hurt us. I'm sure he doesn't seriously mean it. I agree with Karen ( I think it was her) just let it slide off your back.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Why do people think they can say that about someone's pets? Even strangers...I don't know how many times I've heard "Where's the rest of her?" about my corgi's short legs. I would never say anything nasty about someone else's stuff, much less about someone they cared about deeply! Your dog looks very pretty, and maybe your dad didn't mean she looked "ugly" just a little akward, if she's a growing puppy. Anyway, I think everyone here knows how you feel!

Pembroke_Corgi

crsvstang
10-03-2005, 09:58 AM
I'm not upset at my dad anymore. I don't think he meant it in a mean way. I guess he just thought she is akward looking right now. After all he did say he thinks she will be a pretty dog when she is done growing.

I'm sorry for who ever said I should call my dad ugly. But I am not going do that. My dad means the world to me. Even though he did upset me some.

I'm not even going worry about it anymore. :)

finn's mom
10-03-2005, 10:01 AM
I'm not upset at my dad anymore. I don't think he meant it in a mean way.

I'm not even going worry about it anymore. :)

Glad you're seeing it that way, now! And, that you're not worried about it. :) Sometimes, you just have to give yourself a bit of time to cool off. :) Glad you're feeling better...

tatsxxx11
10-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Tori is a beautiful girl and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! But I agree, I think your Dad didn't say it to intentionally hurt you and perhaps, he was just pulling your leg a bit to get a rise out of you;) And he mostly likely meant she's just going through that awKward stage; most "kids" do!:) No doubt your Dad loves you and Tori, very much!:) An extra hug for you Tori! What a sweetheart you are:)

labrado_retriever123
10-03-2005, 10:16 AM
When I first saw here in the signature I thought she was beautiful :eek: How could he say that?????? :eek:

crsvstang
10-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Thankyou all for the kind comments about my Tori girl. :) I don't think my dad meant anything by it now. So everything is fine now. :)

ParNone
10-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Tori is adorable. I think people that are close to you, have that tendency to think they can tell ya like it is, without it actually hurting you. The main thing is you think she's adorable. That's all that really counts.

I've had the same issue with Gull. There's a definite bias towards Oz, so they're always comparing the two and poor Gull never measures up in their minds. But I love him to pieces and tell him he's gorgeous and wonderful and not to listen them. He seems a-okay with that. :)

Par...

cyber-sibes
10-03-2005, 12:53 PM
I've always thought Tori was a very pretty girl in the pics you post. But I do know how you feel - my ex-mother-in-law once did that about my cat, kept repeating how ugly he is, he's the ugliest cat she's ever seen...blah blah blah.... And I know it's silly but it really hurt my feelings and still does, and even after 16 years I look at him and think 'you're not ugly, you are a beautiful handsome cat! So who knows why people say things? All that counts is what YOU think!

Jamieejo85
10-03-2005, 02:34 PM
I know you said everything is fine now but I just had to comment here that Tori is in no way ugly..she is gorgeous!! But I do know how you felt, people tell me Guapo is ugly all the time but I know he isn't so it doesnt matter. :)

crsvstang
10-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks everyone! I do think Tori is a pretty girl. :D

I can't believe anyone would think Guapo is ugly. He is so cute!! :D :D