PDA

View Full Version : Poor dogs :(

CagneyDog
10-02-2005, 12:25 PM
There are two dogs across from the dog park I frequent that are always outside in a small dog a run. There is no water in the run and no food however both dogs don't look starved, they are actually probably a few pounds too heavy. I've never seen anyone pay attention to them, and I know they don't go inside for the night. The white dog is VERY timid and acts like it is pain or has been hit or something. It ususally just peaks its head out from behind the wall, the brown dog is not as bad and is always looking out of the front of the run and barking at people.

After the white dog barks it does this weird thing where it kind of looks like it coughs or chokes but you can't here anything. What could this be?

The brown dog has a black thing attached to him. Its about the size of your pinkie finger nail and it is on his back. Could it be a tick or something? I have never, ever seen a tick before because the climate here is to cold so Its really weird. Has anyone seen something like this before?

Muddy4paws
10-19-2005, 07:21 AM
http://entomology.unl.edu/images/ticks/engorged_ticks.jpg

If you go on to that page it shows a tick they can be darker aswell, if you catch the dog dont try to remove it because it needs to be done by a trained proffesional who knows how to, that poor dog must be in pain! Im not sure about the cough so il bump it up incase someone else knows

dab_20
10-19-2005, 03:52 PM
i would definatly call animal control or your local humane society!! i watch animal cops and animal precinct all the time, and that is prolly illegal. poor things, i would really do something about it.

Alysser
10-29-2005, 01:08 PM
I REALLY don't like that sound of that! That sounds like ring worm. It developes do to bacteria. Is the run clean? You should REALLY call the local humane society or something. Every town has some sort of law that states dogs MUST have water,food,shelter,and proper vetrinary care. It sounds to me like they aren't getting ANY of that. You should call the local humane society. They will keep your name and other inforation anounomus if you want. Those dogs can wind up with better homes if you do call.