PDA

View Full Version : Oh why oh why....

Crikit
03-18-2002, 07:34 PM
Can't I get another dog? Well okay I know the answer to that one..my mother won't let me, not while I'm livining at home that is and well in Calgary I don't think you can find very many places that will accept two medium sized fweaks ;) but if only my mother would allow me to get another dog in like the last month and a half I could have had three sepearate dogs.

The first one a female duck tollier whose an absolute doll but isn't fitting in well with my friends other dogs, and my friend knew that I love her so offered her to us but no, can't have another dog.

Another a smooth fox terrior that the owner was giving away because of guilt over not being able to work him and do more stuff for him, he was so cute he bounces and bounces he's more mini kangaroo then terrior.

And the third is one that I just recieved an email about, is a four year old JRT that is currently in a foster home and the person is looking for a good home for them. I know JRT's can be rather pain in the behinds at times but I know people who have one whose a complete doll (he has to be he puts up with three papillions) and the description given by the lady (whose a dog trainer) sounds like the one in foster is a sweetie.

but like I said at the moment it's no more dogs in the house Tracy Winter and Smudge or scytze and twit as my mom likes to call them are enough. I know if it was up to my dad the answer would have been yes on at least two of them (the first two, we're very good friends with the people who had or had them) and maybe the third because the person who passed the email on is someone from my training club and she's a really good judge of dogs.

Oh well eventually I'll live on my own and have a big place with a big yard (I hope) and be able to have another dog or two or maybe three or well you get the picture...I guess it would all depend on the dog.

Anyhoo just had to do a semi rant and thought you guys would understand. :D

RachelJ
03-18-2002, 08:00 PM
Don't think it is just parents that can be a hindrance to having more than two doggers. A husband isn't always the most cooperative being either. So pick wisely, my dear...

Like you, I would have that Fox Terrier or JRT in a heartbeat...

Rachel

Cincy'sMom
03-18-2002, 08:04 PM
I often think I would like to have more dogs, but I know that the more dogs I have, the less time I can spend loving each of them. So, rather then thinking about all the dogs I wish I could have gotten, I appreciate the two I do have and give them lots and love and cuddles everyday. When the time is right for you, I am sure you will have all the dogs you can handle!!!

Logan
03-18-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I often think I would like to have more dogs, but I know that the more dogs I have, the less time I can spend loving each of them. So, rather then thinking about all the dogs I wish I could have gotten, I appreciate the two I do have and give them lots and love and cuddles everyday. When the time is right for you, I am sure you will have all the dogs you can handle!!!

Amen to that Cincy's Mom. That's the only thing that has held me back!!! I am a single mom now, no husband to account to, but I think Honey and Lilly might be slighted if I took on another one. Of course, just tonight, I have been asked to foster......Golden Retrievers, of course. Oh Geez.... :o What will I do????