PDA

View Full Version : Change is good

catnapper
10-01-2005, 09:00 PM
I see that everyone has a different reaction to the new board, and its mostly about the way they personally handle change.

I'm curious about how everyone sees change -- is it good? Bad? Utterly terrifying? Does it depend on WHAT it is, or just the fact that its change in general?

ME? I try to accept change and see what makes it better, but sometimes I resist change.

CagneyDog
10-01-2005, 09:04 PM
I Utterly terrifying? .

Yes.

I hate changes.

dukedogsmom
10-01-2005, 09:05 PM
I voted for progress. I love the new board!

carole
10-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Kim I am a real stick in the mud, i HATE change, I am just a person who loves her boring routine, infact change can quite upset me at times, however I think when change is forced on me whatever it might be, I soon become accustomed to it and just go with the flow, so far the new changes are good, I just find the page rather wide for my 17 inch screen anyone else finding that?

Flatcoatluver
10-01-2005, 09:06 PM
I voted for scary, i learn to adpt, but its always scary first

joanofark
10-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Progress - we need change to grow

I agree with this 100% :)

neko1
10-01-2005, 09:07 PM
I find it confusing- especially when it comes to computer stuff

catnapper
10-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Carol, go to the bottom blue band and click the button on the far left, that will change the width on your screen.

I understand not wanting to change. I myself have had the same hairstyle for many years (hey if it works! ;) ) but for the most part I try to accept new things. Not ot say I'm always into the new and improved stuff. I'm just willing ot try to give it a chance.

Flatcoatluver
10-01-2005, 09:09 PM
I find it confusing- especially when it comes to computer stuff
YEAH SAME HERE!

carole
10-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Ah Thanks Kim, that is way better now. see ya learn something new every day. :D
I also voted scarey but will adapt, I see the majority of people feel as I do. ;)

lisalee
10-01-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm afraid I voted for "terrifying"! I hate change and do not adapt well at all to change. I get all bent out of shape at any little change in my routine or my life in general. It can make life boring at times though, I wish I could adapt to change more easily.

Ginger's Mom
10-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Kim I am a real stick in the mud, i HATE change, I am just a person who loves her boring routine, infact change can quite upset me at times, however I think when change is forced on me whatever it might be, I soon become accustomed to it and just go with the flow,
OMG, did I write this? :p I agree with you completely Carole, that is pretty much me too. ;)

finn's mom
10-01-2005, 10:16 PM
I love change. When I was thirteen and my family and I moved overseas, I was scared to death. I didn't eat, I was sick, I was miserable...the typical teenager crap. But, once I moved, I realized how cool it could be. I made friends, and, grew to realize who my real friends were back home in South Carolina. I also moved again shortly after that, and, hated leaving. But, then I made new friends and realized who my true friends were in that place. Moved again, same thing. I always was saddened by moving, but, happy to meet new people and make new friends. Now, I have a handful of incredibly amazing, true friends. I know they are, because they've stuck around and have kept up with my life. I think it's good to leave the nest like that, and, try new things out. It's sometimes hard to tell where you're supposed to be, if you don't go other places. I'm glad to be back home, I know that. But, even now, I don't know if I'm done moving. But, if I move again, it will be 100% by choice, and, not because I have to. Anyway...change can be very scary at first...and, sad sometimes. But, I like it. I eat something different at restaurants every time I go...simply because as a kid, I would only eat four or five things altogether. I missed out on a lot being shy and close minded and picky. I still don't eat spicy food, but, for the most part, I'll try almost anything once. ;)

I think the new board is nifty. Strange on the eyes, mine are still adjusting...but, I think it will definitely appeal to new members, as it is certainly an upgrade. I say, well done!

Laura's Babies
10-01-2005, 10:22 PM
PROGRESS! We need to change with the times and grow.... and I do see we have a lot of new people here so we are growing.

Karen
10-01-2005, 10:25 PM
I like change most of the time. Change for the sake of improvement is always good, I think!

I, too, used to try different things each time I went to a restaurant, but now that I have such strange food allergies, I have fewer choices, so pretty much just rotate between the "safe" items. Sigh.

Vette
10-01-2005, 10:31 PM
I dont really like change much at all... i have a fear that i will never adjust if too much changes. :o hopefully that made sesne....

luvofallhorses
10-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Confusion here. :o

jenluckenbach
10-02-2005, 05:12 AM
Confusing - where do I go, what do I do?
Scary - will I adapt?
Terrifying - I need things to remain constant

All of the above! :o You can call me SET IN MY WAYS. :rolleyes:

I usually adapt after a while, and sometimes I like it even better in the end (sometimes....not always).

Randi
10-02-2005, 07:23 AM
I normally don't like too big changes, but I do like the new features here. :) However, I don't like the blue textcolor in widescreen mode, I prefer the one in PT mode (the darker one). Also, I'd love to have the background 5-10 % grey, it's more pleasant on the eyes.

Like Jenluckenback, I'd also like to have "Today's active threads" back, this way, we'll have a lot more clicking to do to. I miss the column with usernames in the left side, as it were before. ;) This way, it seems too "busy". I also miss the column with the name of the starter of the thread (that way, the rows could be made less high/tall? I think most of us have screens wide enough to see it all - and we wouldn't have to scroll down so much. If the line just above the signature dissapeared, it would look better, especially if you want to center it.

Once you're in a Forum, it would also be nice to have the "Pet Talk" font size next to "Other" a little bigger.

Well, that's all I can think of now. :) Off to explore the rest!

It doesn't seem to be possible to choose someone from your Buddy list to send a PM to. :( Or have I missed something?

Pam
10-02-2005, 07:55 AM
I voted scary but I was thinking mostly along the lines of changes in things that use my mind! LOL! As I get older I don't like change as much. I get more set in a routine, especially at work. When we changed our entire computer system at work I must say I was a little concerned about how easy it would be to pick up since I was so comfortable with the old one. I think the worrying about the change is often worse than the change itself.

When it comes to making changes in other areas I actually welcome it. I like moving furniture around or changing things in the house to give it a new changed look.

The new board looks fine and is pretty easy to move around. I was viewing it through a vew narrow skinny screen though. Kim thanks for the tip about the little blue bottom. It probably would have taken me a month to find that button. See what I mean? LOL! :o :rolleyes: :D

Sus
10-02-2005, 07:59 AM
I'm not too happy about changes myself, but it depends. Usually, if I can see for myself how the changes are for the better, or if someone cares to explain to me why the change is a good idea - then it's ok by me.

My first impression of this is one of confusion. I didn't expect that much of a change! :confused: Whyever was that necessary? I think the layout is messy! - but that may be just due to the novelty of it.

Other than that...? I miss the "home" button for a quick return to the main menu. I had actually hoped - and wished for - that you would repeat the top line at the bottom at the threads, for a quick return. My first impression of this is that it is more difficult to navigate quickly between functions - instead of you making it easier. Sigh! :( I agree with some of the others in that I miss Today's active Threads" and an easy choice to stay invisible. Could we get those back, please ? :) Anyway, I guess one has to try it for some time before one can really pass any "judgement". I shall give it a chance! ;)

Love,
Sus and Bella

trayi52
10-02-2005, 08:14 AM
I voted Fun-I love to learn new things, especially when it has to do with the computer. It is just a good challenge to try and learn the new look. Though I still haven't seen the new smilies! Where are the new smilies? All I see are the old ones.

Anyway, I do like the new look.

Willie :)

catnapper
10-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Sus, to get back to the main page (I think you're meaning the main listing of all the forums) just go to the top and you'll see where it says Pet Talk > Other > General ... just click on the word Pet Talk, and that will take you to the main menu page.

You can still remain invisible. You see yourself with an asterisk next to your name but nobody else can see you. If you were invisible before, you still are.

It really is a great improvement! Much easier and "cleaner"

Sus
10-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Thank you for bothering to help me out here..! :) Since I made the above post, I have found out how to do a few more things, and I guess I'll adapt to the changes at some point! :) I guess I was a bit quick to complain... :eek:

Love,
Sus and Bella

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Oh, I see change as confusing and somewhat scary too...for me, if my routine is messed up in a way that I don't like, I really don't like it!:p It's just me though...and I've always been like that, though I wish I could see change as good, progress, fun...etc.:rolleyes: ;)

Kfamr
10-02-2005, 02:12 PM
It depends most of the time.

Yesterday the change really had me down, but today i'm liking exploring new options that Paul & Karen have given us. :)