PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Pharmacy

sammy101
10-01-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm really interested about being a Pharmacist when i'm finished highschool.I was wondering if anyone knows how long you have to go to university for for it,and what classes you take,etc. thanks! :)
And also,what universities in British Colombia,Canada have Pharmacy?UBC probably does,but im not sure :confused:

Uabassoon
10-01-2005, 07:44 PM
I don't really know much other than it's a really hard program. I have a friend who is in her first year of pharmacy school, I actually haven't seen her once since she started because she's been so busy! If you enjoy math/science Pharmacy is a great profession.

NoahsMommy
10-01-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm pretty sure its a doctorate program....which means around 6-7 years? Being an MD is 8 years.

You should do a search for Pharmacology programs in BC. That's how I've gotten info on the med schools I'm looking at. There are always rankings and going to their websites will give you a feel for that particular school.

I'm pretty sure you'll need a lot of anatomy and chemistry classes because you'll be focused on what meds do to/for the body...and any possible interactions.

Good luck! :)