PDA

View Full Version : what is you fav. book when you were a child?

Flatcoatluver
10-01-2005, 06:34 PM
mine was dr. suess any of his books i loved them and still do

joanofark
10-01-2005, 07:35 PM
I remember my favorite book was called "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom". :o haha

This is what it looks like :o:p (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/068983568X/104-1016211-9910312?v=glance)

Aslo, "Junie B. Jones" and "The Magic Tree House Books" ;)

LeahMM
10-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Charlotte's Web and Where the Red Fern Grows.

K9soul
10-01-2005, 07:50 PM
White Fang and the Albert Payson Terhune books about his collies (Lad: A Dog, etc.). I also read James Herriot's books many times. Those were middle school/high school era. When I was really little, before I knew how to read, my favorite books to have read to me was Puddleduck and The Poky Little Puppy ;).

dukedogsmom
10-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Any of the Winnie the Pooh books. I just think that silly old bear is so cute.

Flatcoatluver
10-01-2005, 07:54 PM
LOL i ALSO LOVED I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER

cali
10-01-2005, 07:55 PM
my favorite book was something about a bear named Benny, is was basicly a sentance per page but it was cute lol the other was edward and somethin er rather, its about 2 homless doggies that live in a box, and when Edward goes to work he forgot his lunch so his "wife" went to find him, and they both ended up in a new human home with a rich person lol

petslover
10-01-2005, 08:09 PM
My favorite book growing up was Theres a boy in the girl's bathroom LOL! It's not a dirty book at all. Has anyone ever read that book besides me? I think I read it like 50 times. haha!

katienoonan
10-01-2005, 08:10 PM
I LOVED where the wild things are! I used to also read these short stories I think it was called Sideways stories from wayside school or something like that....

K9soul
10-01-2005, 08:16 PM
I LOVED where the wild things are!

I forgot about that one, that was another one of my great favorites when I was little :).

katienoonan
10-01-2005, 08:19 PM
mine was dr. suess any of his books i loved them and still do

I used to love Fox in socks and made my mom read it over and over until I knew every word.

Anita Cholaine
10-01-2005, 08:35 PM
I was thinking about making a thread like this, lol.....

My favourite book was An old fashioned girl, I read it the other day and I still love it!!:)

carole
10-01-2005, 08:37 PM
"The Secret Garden" cannot remember who wrote that, but I loved that book, and also the 'Famous Five' By Enid Blyton, I then went on to romantic novels mostly about Nurse's, I always wanted to become a Nurse and nearly did, medicene runs in my blood, that was in my teenage years I read these novels, my fantasy being to become a nurse and fall in love with a handsome Doctor lol. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
10-01-2005, 09:26 PM
My absolute favorite childhood book was "My Icky Picky Sister". It's out of print and I very badly want a copy of the book, If anyone has a copy of that book and is willing to sell it, I'm very interested in buying it.

Kfamr
10-01-2005, 09:31 PM
I forget the exact names but there are numerous Little Golden Books that i'd sit and read everynight when I was little, little. There was one when I got a bit older that I LOVED. I forget the name but it was about a boy who turned anything he touched into chocolate because of his addiction.

NoahsMommy
10-01-2005, 09:41 PM
I used to LOVE The Very Hungry Catapillar when I was little. :)

Kfamr
10-01-2005, 09:42 PM
I used to LOVE The Very Hungry Catapillar when I was little. :)

That's another one I loved! Also, there was one "hide and seek" book with a puppy named Spot? Gosh, I'm so horrible at remembering book names!

Kari, Have you tried eBay?

dukedogsmom
10-01-2005, 09:45 PM
My absolute favorite childhood book was "My Icky Picky Sister". It's out of print and I very badly want a copy of the book, If anyone has a copy of that book and is willing to sell it, I'm very interested in buying it.
I found it for you but it's expensive! This is the only one I could find.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/used/product.asp?userid=NY4arhHCtw&EAN=2698185835791&Itm=1

katienoonan
10-01-2005, 09:56 PM
I used to like the Berenstein bears and Little Monster and Little Critter books too. :D

Ginger's Mom
10-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Angus books (he was a Scottish Terrier), there is very little reading in them. I remember when I was very young they were the books I always took out of the library.

finn's mom
10-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Charlotte's Web...Jeeter, Mason, and, the Magic Headset...the Sweet Pickles books...Pink Pig...the Oz books...Anne of Green Gables and the rest of the Anne books...there are a lot more, but, their names elude me!

Francis books...she was a possum, or porcupine or something...dang it, I can't remember the name...but, there's a photo of me as an infant on my dad's chest, and, he's reading one of them to me. :) Something about a tea party or something...dang. I'll have to ask my mom!

wolfie
10-01-2005, 11:08 PM
I used to also read these short stories I think it was called Sideways stories from wayside school or something like that....
Oh, I loved those too!

I loved Babar! And Madeline too.

When I was older I liked the Narnia books. I also really liked the Indian in the Cupboard, a Wrinkle in Time, and Tom Sawyer.

Desert Arabian
10-01-2005, 11:09 PM
My favorite books were Laura Ingall's "Little House On the Prairie" series, my mom would read the books to me at night- I LOVED them!

Corinna
10-01-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm so glad some one else loved Terhunes books My mom got me hooked on them. As a toddler the POKEY little puppy was my favorite. It drove my mom mad to read it day after day.
Also Freddy the detective about a pig and the farm yard freinds that solved crimes. Lost all of them in a flood afew years back haven't found any where.
The secret garden was great oo Hitty her first hundred years The old one not the reprint that is a picture book that came out recently.

Twisterdog
10-01-2005, 11:52 PM
I like "Island of the Blue Dolphins" and "Trumpet of the Swan". And, of course, I like any book about dogs. :)

cali
10-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Also, there was one "hide and seek" book with a puppy named Spot?

oooo that remided me of my absolute favorite book and tv show serise, about a puppy named Spot, I still love those storys! :D

SPOT!
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0399212302.01._AA400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

my friends all think I am insane, but spot is cute :o

popcornbird
10-02-2005, 01:36 AM
Oh boy. I was SUCH a bookworm growing up, so I don't know where to begin.

As a child, I LOVED the Berenstain Bears, Magic School Bus, Sideways Stories from Wayside School, Arthur Books, Curious George, Clifford the Big Red Dog, and so many others. I think I may have read almost every book for children in the library. I also loved reading religious books for children...stories of the Prophets, etc. I loved the Little House series. I loved the Yearling. There were so many books that I used to read. Seriously...I could not live without books when I was a child. The internet changed that...I still love books, but nowadays, I find myself reading things online way more than sitting down with a good book. :o

LoudLou
10-02-2005, 02:33 AM
Ira Sleeps Over - Bernard Waber
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - Judith Viorst
The Monster at the End of This Book - Jon Stone
Flibbity Jibbit and the Key Keeper - Vernon Grant
Suzuki Beane - Sandra Scoppettone, Louise Fitzhugh
Hugh and Fitzhugh - Peter Goodspeed, Carol Nicklaus

Nomilynn
10-02-2005, 02:40 AM
A Woggle of Witches by Adrienne Adams. I used to check this book out of the library EVERY week and then a couple of years ago my mom found it for me and bought it. I was very excited!

Where the Wild Things Are - I found a T-Shirt at Target with this title printed across the front and it's my FAVOURITE t-shirt! I bought this book for myself for about $3 at a record store of all places - how strange!

I loved all the Dr Seuss books and all the Cabbage Patch books - did anyone read those? My all time favourite author is Judy Blume.. I've read and have collected all of her books as well :)

katienoonan
10-02-2005, 10:19 AM
A Woggle of Witches by Adrienne Adams. I used to check this book out of the library EVERY week and then a couple of years ago my mom found it for me and bought it. I was very excited!

Where the Wild Things Are - I found a T-Shirt at Target with this title printed across the front and it's my FAVOURITE t-shirt! I bought this book for myself for about $3 at a record store of all places - how strange!

I loved all the Dr Seuss books and all the Cabbage Patch books - did anyone read those? My all time favourite author is Judy Blume.. I've read and have collected all of her books as well :)

So funny that you would mention the shirt!! I bought it a few months ago and I am wearing it today.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Also, there was one "hide and seek" book with a puppy named Spot? Gosh, I'm so horrible at remembering book names!

Ohhhhhh, those were the favorite books for my son when he was little (is 20 now). The books about "Spot" didn't exist here yet then, but an English friend send us two "Spot-books" . Oh my, I think I read him thos a million times! His favorite was that with animals hiding :)

My favorite books: I loved all kind of ferrie-tales, like Snowhite, and all stoties from Andersson and Grimm :)

beeniesmom
10-02-2005, 03:24 PM
The little golden books, Charlottes Web and all those books by Judy Bloom.... Are you there God it's me Margaret and Blubber.

Roxyluvsme13
10-02-2005, 04:06 PM
My favorite book growing up was Theres a boy in the girl's bathroom LOL! It's not a dirty book at all. Has anyone ever read that book besides me? I think I read it like 50 times. haha!
I read that!!!!! LOL I'll have to think on this...so many books....

ChrisH
10-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Black Beauty

dukedogsmom
10-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Another favorite is The Velveteen Rabbit. That's my second favorite. I also liked The Red Pony even though it was a sad story.

Flatcoatluver
10-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Black Beauty
Black beuty made me cry. I dunno why?

carole
10-02-2005, 08:47 PM
My daughter loved the hide and seek Spot books, and clifford the dog, and the magic school bus, oh and I loved Black Beauty as well, great story, watched the Tv series of it as well and enjoyed that too.

Alot of my favourite books today are written by author Catherine Cookson, I love anything she writes.