PDA

View Full Version : Do my cats know something I don't??

Lisamb
10-01-2005, 06:08 PM
I have 2 weeks left before my due date and the last 3-4 days both of my cats have been acting very odd. My one cat who isn't a lap cat has become one and will just sit in my lap for hours at a time and the other one will follow me around the house. When I get out of the shower both of them are at the door meowing, if I walk to the back bedroom both of them sit at the end of the hall and wait for me to come back to the living room.
I was wondering if any one else has had this experience and if it means anything. ( I hope that maybe my 2 weeks isn't 2 weeks) ;)

catnapper
10-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Awww.... they sound so sweet! They definately know something is up!

Good luck in two weeks!

momcat
10-01-2005, 06:19 PM
It's very possible, cats seem to have a sixth sense about all kinds of things. When I was pregnant with my son we had a cat named Derek. One afternoon I was laying on the sofa and Derek came up and settled on my stomach. Well, the baby kicked and poor Derek went flying and wasn't seen for the rest of the day. Once the baby was born and home from the hospital, Derek could almost always be found under the baby's crib. Your furkids know something is up and are watching out for you. Can't wait to hear when your beautiful baby is born!

Flatcoatluver
10-01-2005, 06:22 PM
It Almost Sounds Like Their Jelous ;)

Randy_K
10-01-2005, 08:57 PM
I agree. They know something is happening to you and things are changing. My elderly mom's cat watches out for her. There's times where she isn't steady on her feet and he stands in front of her to keep he from walking until he's sure she OK. They're very smart.

Laura's Babies
10-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Every one of my babies were 2 weeks early so you never know what they might be sensing. They KNOW something is up, you can bet on that.

Lisamb
10-02-2005, 09:44 AM
I hope this one is two weeks early because I am so misrable and done with it all. Thanks for your input and I will post picks as soon as they become available.(or me for that matter)

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Good luck with giving birth!! Your cats defenitely sense that a big change is in the air! They want to make sure you won't forget them while you're away in hospital ;)

rg_girlca
10-02-2005, 12:14 PM
AWWWWWW velcro kitties. Yup, I would say that they sense something is up.

Good luck on the birth of your new baby. :D

Looking forward to the annoucement. :)

dab_20
10-02-2005, 05:20 PM
yep your kitties maybe want a little brother or sister!!! good luck with your baby! :)