PDA

View Full Version : Another PT chat? =]

flamepony12
10-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Since we had so much fun in the "PT withdrawl support" (:p) chatroom, I was wondering if someone wanted to make another one, just for fun. ^.^ I'm not sure how to make them, so someone else will have to, but I just thought it was fun talking to a bunch of PTers at a time. ^.~

luvofallhorses
10-01-2005, 02:48 PM
When will this be?? I was going to go to the other one but I had to go do some things. and where??

CagneyDog
10-01-2005, 02:49 PM
I think its a good idea!

Kfamr
10-01-2005, 02:51 PM
The ICQ chat is still up, so why not continue using it? :)

flamepony12
10-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Well I just checked it not too long ago, and there was no one in it... If everyone wants to, though, we can use that one. :) Here's the link again, if anyone needs it....

PT chat room (http://www.icq.com/icqchat/popup.php/?noinput=false&applet=flash&room=12036957_pt_withdrawal_support_group)

Randi
10-01-2005, 02:57 PM
I think it's a good idea to make your own group. Some of you are younger and know each other well, and I'm sure you want to be able to chat without us oldies. :D I think some of us want the same. ;) You have the possibility of making the group Private, so only the ones you invite can join the chat. Here's a link to get started, it's quite easy to set up. :) In the right side, you can create a new group.

http://www.icq.com/groups/chat.php?gid=12036957

Kfamr
10-01-2005, 03:08 PM
I guess we're not wanted there, so feel free to make another if you'd like, Devon. :(

CagneyDog
10-01-2005, 03:11 PM
You don't want to talk to "young people" :confused:

flamepony12
10-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Well, lots of people are in the old one now, So I guess we don't have to make a new one.

Randi
10-01-2005, 03:25 PM
I think you misunderstood what I meant. I have no problem talking to young people, and I don't think others have either, but at the same time, we're really not into talking about hot guys and those kind of subjects. ;) Furthermore, I thought you'd want to be able to talk in private, without us interfering. Still, you're welcome use it, but know that everyone in the world can see what you say, so it's not that private. However, you can see who is there - unless they don't put their name on. Just wanted to help.

CagneyDog
10-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Thats hardly what young people talk about :p

Kfamr
10-01-2005, 03:28 PM
I don't believe anyone's chatted about "hot guys and those kind of subjects", nor has any of the "young people" expressed not wanting to chat with adults or them interfering. PT is a melting pot of all ages and if we have a chat I don't think we should be seperated.

I guess maybe you feel the need for that but I for one being a "young person" prefer chatting with adults over "young people."

slleipnir
10-01-2005, 03:39 PM
I don't believe anyone's chatted about "hot guys and those kind of subjects", nor has any of the "young people" expressed not wanting to chat with adults or them interfering. PT is a melting pot of all ages and if we have a chat I don't think we should be seperated.

I guess maybe you feel the need for that but I for one being a "young person" prefer chatting with adults over "young people."

I agree with Kay...

RobiLee
10-01-2005, 03:52 PM

I agree also. I'm not for sure who all was in the room or what the ages were last night. I just know that I had a nice time and it was fun to get together with other pet talkers. Just to let you know I am well out of my teens;)

CagneyDog
10-01-2005, 03:55 PM
We might make a new one anyway because Paula keeps coming in and interfering.

petslover
10-01-2005, 04:01 PM
What does she keep doing?

CagneyDog
10-01-2005, 04:21 PM
She's just saying stuff. :rolleyes:

Kfamr
10-01-2005, 04:30 PM
I've created a chat. If anyone wants to join PM me.

CagneyDog
10-01-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm just bumping this up for anyone who wants to join.

slick
10-01-2005, 08:46 PM
I just want to voice my opinion here....not passing judgment on anyone.

While I understand what Randi is saying I have a suggestion. Randi, I think it would be a good idea to leave the original chat open to everyone and create another one for "mature" people.

Let's face it, older people have different issues such as menopause, divorce, parenting, job concerns, ailments such as arthritis and diabetes, trouble with in-laws....things that I don't think, interest young people. The younger ones seem to have concerns over school and homework, friendships, etc. Please, correct me if I'm wrong but I just can't see a 16 yr old getting involved in a discussion concerning menopause.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the younger crowd but sometimes I need discuss "adult" issues with an "adult".

Kay, I see that you have created your own chat room. Please don't feel excluded from the original one.

...and that's all I've got to say about that.

dukedogsmom
10-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Slick, that's a very good idea. I hadn't thought of that. I couldn't get the chat room at work and haven't tried at home. Let me know which one you're in and I'll try and join you sometime. Of course, you can always get me on AIM or Yahoo.

Kfamr
10-01-2005, 09:34 PM
I created another one because we were getting banned members come in the previous one and causing trouble.

Whatever you say about the "adults"/"kids" issue. There are adults far more immature than kids, but a majority of the time I prefer adult conversations with mature adults.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. I just hate when people divide this forum into seperate ways. If there is an "Adult" chat I hope no one is excluded if they'd like to join in.

flamepony12
10-01-2005, 10:10 PM
I PM'ed you, Kay.

CagneyDog
10-02-2005, 12:31 PM
bump :D

Randi
10-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Slick, the new one I set up is still there, and open for everyone! :) I set one up about a year ago, that one is private, will send you the link. ;)

Isn't it funny .... the ones who was SO eager that everyone could join the chatroom, has now set up a PRIVATE ONE, and is most likely keeping certain people out! :rolleyes: (judging from the posts here).

CagneyDog
10-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Thats not true. We set up a new one because past PT trolls were coming in there. Anyone can join that likes to so don't make assumptions.

CagneyDog
10-02-2005, 12:37 PM
: (judging from the posts here).

I don't see any posts that would make you think we are keeping PT members out.

Kfamr
10-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Slick, the new one I set up is still there, and open for everyone! :) I set one up about a year ago, that one is private, will send you the link. ;)

Isn't it funny .... the ones who was SO eager that everyone could join the chatroom, has now set up a PRIVATE ONE, and is most likely keeping certain people out! :rolleyes: (judging from the posts here).

I don't understand why you're being so rude about this. :(
EVERYONE is allowed in.. as I said in my post..

I've created a chat. If anyone wants to join PM me.

I'm "the ones" who have set up a seperate one because we had trolls coming into the other. I never said anyone from Pet Talk was excluded, like you want the younger people to be from your private one.

Note: It says ANYONE.

slleipnir
10-02-2005, 12:56 PM
I don't believe you're right, Randi. I know the last time I was in that chat, someone kept coming on that was banned and making a big deal. I don't want to chat about stupid stuff like that. I am all for another chat. And I KNOW Kay will let ANYONE who wants that is FROM PT on the chat. Just not people like that who made such a big deal on the last chat. It was really annoying!

I, however, don't want to see PT split into 2. I'm not a kid, but I'm not old enough to know about some of the things slick mentioned. I really dont want to talk about school stuff and kids stuff either to be honest. I spend a lot of my time at work talking to adults of ALL ages. I would rather talk to them then some people of my own age. I feel I am more mature than a lot of people my own age. I really wouldn't want to be excluded. I hope it could be our choice to weather we find your chat boring :(

Kfamr
10-02-2005, 01:19 PM
I really dont want to talk about school stuff and kids stuff either to be honest. I spend a lot of my time at work talking to adults of ALL ages. I would rather talk to them then some people of my own age. I feel I am more mature than a lot of people my own age. I really wouldn't want to be excluded.

Same here. I work 4-5 days a week at 5:30am and chose opening over closing the store because all of the openers are adults. The closers are mostly made of kids.

flamepony12
10-02-2005, 05:17 PM
I've been checking on the new one Kay made, and there has hardly been anyone in there so far... is there a new one that everyone's in? =\\

Kfamr
10-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Everyone must just be busy. There were a few of us in there this morning, quite a few yesterday. We should "schedual" a time/day good for everyone to chat. There's another board i'm a member of and they have "chat days." :)

flamepony12
10-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Okay, I was just curious from what Randi said, about making another private one. Thanks!

k9krazee
10-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Everyone must just be busy. There were a few of us in there this morning, quite a few yesterday. We should "schedual" a time/day good for everyone to chat. There's another board i'm a member of and they have "chat days." :)

That is a good idea...

gemini9961
10-02-2005, 05:50 PM
I would have been in there today but I am at work and the work computer has chat rooms blocked. I might not be able to attend the chat room until later this week since I work all day and then go home and go to bed.

CagneyDog
10-02-2005, 07:15 PM
I think having a set time would be a good idea.

Would it be every week or every night?

Kfamr
10-02-2005, 07:30 PM
We could have a set time everynight and people could choose their own days to come in.(?) Evening times would be better for me... around 8:00PM is about the time I come and get on the computer before bed.

What would be best for everyone else?

CagneyDog
10-02-2005, 07:34 PM
What time zone are you in?

flamepony12
10-02-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm good from about 5 to 10, in California..

Kfamr
10-02-2005, 07:45 PM
8:00pm Eastern. :)

CagneyDog
10-02-2005, 07:49 PM
8 eastern would work for me to.

k9krazee
10-02-2005, 08:07 PM
That would work for me :)

CagneyDog
10-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Should we post a new thread with a poll and see what time is best for everyone?

flamepony12
10-02-2005, 08:48 PM
It's fine for me too. :) I have a question, though... would it go on as long as we want it to? or would there be certain times? (i.e. 8:00 eastern to 10:00 eastern, or just 8:00 eastern until we have to get off)

Kfamr
10-02-2005, 08:52 PM
It'd be for however long you wanted to be on, and you can even come earlier if you wish. I'm going to talk some things over with Karen and see what she thinks about all of this. :)