PDA

View Full Version : The New PT Look

popcornbird
10-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Wow. What a change. :D I'm sure we're all starting to get used to the new PT by now. It was confusing in the morning, but now that I've figured so much out, I feel so much better. Thanks Karen and Paul for all your hard work. You must have been up all night!!!

I wonder if certain suggestions will be welcome. Since we had such a big change and now have the NEW Pet Talk :D, I thought it might be nice if we could add a few additional new things.

We have such adorable emotions on this site, and thank God they're all still here... :D ...but...I was wondering if its possible to add a few additional ones? I have wished for more smilies on PT for so long. Its just such a hassle to go looking for other emotions when needed. I don't think we need many, but there are times when things are so heartbreaking on PT, and for that, a teary-eyed smilie would be a nice addition. Sometimes we want to laugh, and with the current smilies...we can't laugh. Just smile wide. :D A hugging smilie would be nice too. After all, PT'ers are always giving each other {{{hugs}}}. Just a few suggestions. I think a crying, laughing, and hugging smilie would be nice. Now that we've gone through such a big change...maybe a few additions should be considered. I wonder if my wish will ever be granted :D , but I'm hoping. What does everyone else think?

CagneyDog
10-01-2005, 02:06 PM
I agree that some more smilies would be nice.

catnapper
10-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Add me to the list of beggars looking for new smilies!

Thinking we need a hug one, a heart one, a happy dance one, a crying one, a "crazy" or silly one. Oh, there are so many I could name! :p

dukedogsmom
10-01-2005, 02:26 PM
I like it now because it's set up exactly like the one that the reality tv site uses so I'm familiar with it. I really like it!

slleipnir
10-01-2005, 02:42 PM
I was actually gonna PM Paul about it :o :o :o Hahah, but this works ever better :D:D:D

Abby&Buddy'sMom
10-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Yes!! More smilies would be a great addition to such a wonderful site :)

Uabassoon
10-01-2005, 03:31 PM
I didn't get a chance to log on this morning since I was at work, boy was I surprised when I got home to check PT and saw this new look. I'm still kind of getting used to it, but overall I like the new look, it's very fresh.

petslover
10-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Yes.. More smilies would be great! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
10-01-2005, 04:01 PM
It looks GREAT, Karen & Paul! :) ;) You guys make an awesome team!

K9soul
10-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Well I already said in another post that it'd be so nice to have at least a few more smilies. Just adding a handful would not bog down the board at all in my opinion and would really add more flare and ability to express more emotions in posts via emoticons. It adds so much more when you say something like "I LOVE that picture of your pet" to be able to add something like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/GIFS/wub.gif
or

http://bestsmileys.com/love2/16.gif

to it (without having to dig around for it ;)). I'm really hoping this is something that can be done, it'd add a lot to Pet Talk, in my opinion! :)

Thanks again, Karen and Paul, for all your wonderful work to make PT even better!

chocolatepuppy
10-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Just a few more would be nice. :D

Flatcoatluver
10-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Yeah Some More Smiles Would Also Be Nice Agrred, But Paul And Karen I Need To Thank You For The Site I Have Learned So Much

jenluckenbach
10-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Not to cause more work for you guys, but yes, a few more smilies would be great. (not too many though, some places go WAY overboard)

but a laugh, a hug and a heart would be great.

popcornbird
10-02-2005, 01:31 AM
So...Karen and Paul. How do you both feel about this? ;)

Karen
10-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Yes, we do intend to add some custom smilies. Just not this minute! Still a lot of work to do, especially getting people through the new system!

catnapper
10-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Woohoo! Thank you Karen! Of course you need to get other things setttled before you get to the fun things! :D

louhirata
10-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Very very nice! Congratulations!

And yes more smilies.

And the new way of highliting the text to change color is very good.

On the "contact us", you are open the wrong e-mail of most people, if the person has two e-mails. Should leave the option of which e-mail name the person wants to use.

On the "search button", you shouldn't delete the THE of the title of the thrreads. Now we cannot find the thread which starts with THE. Just correct it.

But it looks very good. Lighter, open, young and sober at the same time!

Louhirata

popcornbird
10-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Yippee!!!!! :D:D Thank you Karen. I didn't mean you should do it this very second...just wondered if you would consider doing it when you can. I know you have a lot on your plate right now. ;) Thanks for all the hard work! I'm beginning to love the new format/features. Very cool!