PDA

View Full Version : I Got News on Tobey, I Got News on Tobey!!!

mugsy
03-18-2002, 04:05 PM
Interesting information forthcoming!!!! I went down to police headquarters tonight after school and picked up a copy of the police report and lo and behold, Tobey came from the SPCA where I volunteer. He was supposed to have been neutered by the middle of September last year and Mike didn't find him until October 17 and he was still in tact (contract violation #1), Contract violation #2 is that the dog is to be confined in a fenced yard or on a trolley when he is not indoors...I have seen him running loose on numerous occasions. Sooooooo....Reva said that when we see him running loose again we should call her because she only lives about 3 minutes from our house and she would come and pick him up and tell them that they were in violation of their contract so it is null and void and he belongs to the SPCA again and then we can adopt him from them...I know we have to pay for him again, but it helps them and we get our Tobey back. I caught the guy in lies too in the police report and the officer told us that the guy said that Tobey didn't have a tag on when he "came back". Hopefully we can get him back sooner than we had hoped. Keep fingers crossed.

Also, the guy down the street where we got Billy, lost his dog Fat Cat 2 days ago and if he doesn't come home he's going to get rid of Snoop the Beagle pup that he has, so I told him to bring him to us, so he doesn't go and dump him in the woods. Just a side note.

aly
03-18-2002, 04:12 PM
OH MUGSY!!!!! I AM CRYING HERE!! I'm SO HAPPY!!!!!! This is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE PET TALK PRAYERS ALWAYS HELP SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Congrats to you dear mugsy and your precious dog who will be in your arms again SOON!

This is such a GREAT day!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-18-2002, 04:15 PM
GLAD TO HEAR THINGS ARE LOOKING UP!
I'm so glad things are moving in the right direction for you getting Tobey back! Fingers and Paws all crossed here for you. Please, keep us posted. :)

mugsy
03-18-2002, 04:16 PM
Thanks aly, I just wish you could have gotten Maddie. You, of course are always in our prayers that your 3rd one will come to you soon. Somewhere, there is a soul in need just waiting for you. Thanks again on the well wishing...keep the prayers coming!!!

Cincy'sMom
03-18-2002, 05:19 PM
Here's hopin' thing work out soon!!! I can't imagine the ups and downs you have been through with all this. Best wishes!

Crikit
03-18-2002, 07:17 PM
That's great news about Tobey! I'm sooo happy for you...plus there's also the possibility of getting a bagel...er beagle (Have to stop listening to what my friends call dogs) pup.

Karen
03-18-2002, 08:28 PM
Good hopeful Tobey news.

How strange is it that the man would give up the pup if the other dog doesn't come back! If I lost one, I'd be hanging on to the other for dear life!

Sudilar
03-18-2002, 08:57 PM
Keepin my fingers crossed that everything will work out soon!

AmberLee
03-18-2002, 09:27 PM
Fingers and paws crossed for you here!

kobieeli
03-18-2002, 11:34 PM
Whooo-hooo! Great news! I just love to hear about when bad karma finally catches up with the people who deserve it... :D

Gio
03-19-2002, 03:53 AM
Mugsy, I'm so glad to hear about Tobey. Everybody over here will just keep their fingers and paws crossed a little while longer! :)

How strange is it that the man would give up the pup if the other dog doesn't come back! If I lost one, I'd be hanging on to the other for dear life!

So would I, I would not let him out of my sight. People's stupidity (and cruelty) will never stop to amaze me. :( :mad:

AdoreMyDogs
03-19-2002, 06:55 AM
Mugsy, I am really glad to hear any good news about Tobey. Keep us posted on EVERY update, please :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-19-2002, 07:13 AM
Great News! I am keeping you guys and Tobey in my thoughts.

ilovehounds
03-19-2002, 01:00 PM
Awww thats great news, I also wanted to say thank you for considering taking in the beagle pup. Your a hound dogs angel :D Why would he keep getting these hounds if he isn't going to properly look after them ?? he should know that beagles are not going to stay in the yard if its not fenced or tied :mad: they make me so mad :mad:

mugsy
03-20-2002, 08:25 PM
Angie...don't make me go there with this guy. His answer to getting rid of a dog is go out and dump them in the woods...that's why I said I would take Snoop if Fat Cat doesn't come back.

Tobey update. I went to the SPCA yesterday, and Tammy (the director) said that they were going to go over and talk to the guy and probably bring Tobey back to the SPCA. They followed me over to our addition and then I waved them on to the direction of the house. She called me when she got out of the house and said the guy told her that the dog had run away on Monday and hadn't come back. No one is buying this story, but Tammy went to Animal Control and filed a lost report on behalf of the SPCA and we'll have to wait and see. Tonight on my way home there was an Animal Control truck over at the house, so I immediately called Tammy, who immediately called the shelter and Reva called me back and said that no one at the shelter knew why the truck was out there, so they couldn't give me any information. I had to go to K-Mart for Mike, so I went back out and the truck had come back toward our house, but turned 2 blocks north of our street and sat in front of another house for awhile and I, of course, drove around and when I came back in that direction, the truck had moved a block over. Well, I didn't want to appear to be following the guy, but when I made another loop around he was on the street I was on and turned out of the addition, so I thought it was over. When I came home, I decided to make a few trips up and down streets to see if I could find Tobey and lo and behold, but the officer was back and was still driving around. I still have no clue what he was doing, but I'm sure Tammy will check it out for me and let me know. I just want my dog back and I'm getting really frustrated with the whole situation. Mike is afraid that the guy decided that no one would have the dog and took him out and shot him...I don't think I can bear that thought. I'm hoping that the guy somehow hid him and kept him from barking while Tammy and Shelly were there.

Ok, that's the latest update...I'll keep you posted on the continuing saga.

aly
03-20-2002, 09:58 PM
Oh no, you're getting so close to your Tobey. I pray nothing tragic has happened. I don't know what else to say besides I will be praying so hard until he is in your arms :(

Gio
03-21-2002, 05:44 AM
I'm also at a loss for words, I will pray very hard too!

Former User
03-21-2002, 06:58 AM
Oh no :( But don't give up, you will get Tobey back, I'm sure of it!
Keeping fingers and paws crossed here!

ramanth
03-21-2002, 04:44 PM
All fingers and paws crossed here.

Come home Tobey! Come home!

Cincy'sMom
03-21-2002, 06:35 PM
Oh no!! I can't believe all you have had to go through with this. I will praying everything works out for you and Tobey.

I-Luv-Luke
03-21-2002, 07:51 PM
WOW, I REALLY HOPE YOU GET TOBEY BACK.!!!:D :)

I JUST READ ALL EXCEPT I COULDNOT FIND A PLACE TO HEAR WHAT HAPPEND INN THE BEGINNING. ALL I KNOW IS YOU WERE CLOSE TO GETTING HIM BACK, PLEASE EMAIL ME ,MUGSY,
~Chanel
[email protected]
i am real interested in listing to the whole story.thankx~
:confused:

aly
03-21-2002, 08:18 PM
Here are two threads that will explain more about Tobey:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8381

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8678

I-Luv-Luke
03-22-2002, 05:29 PM
thakn you i found the websites helpful,.., was tobey stolen from her or a kennel i am still a little confused, doesnt it belong to her doesnt she have rights for her dog?,, is she trying to rescue it from a bad (or coarse from the sounds of this guy)guy. why was the message donot look at tobeys webshots pics album was the because of heart break or computer problem? what kind of a dog is tobey...GGGOOOODDDDLUCKK Mugsy!!!~whatever the problem my hopes and wishes are with you along with Luke my lab/doberman and our soon to be new adition ,Bella our pomeranian. luvs ya :)

jackiesdaisy1935
03-22-2002, 09:50 PM
Mugsy, I feel so bad for you and Toby, I just hope it all works out and you get him back one way or the other. He needs to be home. I'm thinking positive thoughts going Toby's way.
Jackie

tatsxxx11
03-23-2002, 03:41 PM
Most of all I hope that Tobey has not been harmed. I pray he is found and returned safe and sound. Sorry, but I cannot comprehend the mentality of a person that would shoot a dog out of spite. Please, find your way home Tobey.

mugsy
03-27-2002, 09:46 AM
Well, the old saying no news is good news doesn't apply here. We have seen neither hide nor hair of Tobey since Tammy and Shelly went over there and the guy said he had run away. I drive by everyday, but no Tobey....we are hoping that when they get a court date and find out we either want Tobey or $1500 for boarding and vet bills that Tobey will suddenly appear. I'm sorry I haven't posted sooner, but I just couldn't bring myself to type the information.:(

ramanth
03-27-2002, 11:40 AM
Oh Mugsy... I'm so sorry. I still hold hope that Tobey will come back.

Don't give up hope.

lizbud
03-27-2002, 11:55 AM
Mugsy,

Do you mean that a court date has yet to be
set? What's the holdup, I wonder ? Also wonder
if the wierdo guy would try to stash Tobey in
his basement to avoid detection.Please try to
stay hopeful. You, Mike and Tobey are in my
thoughts & prayers. Liz & Buddy.

purrley
03-27-2002, 12:08 PM
Mugsy - I would be willing to bet that this guy has moved your Tobey to a different location because he felt that he would be taken either by you or Animal Services. Apparently, this doofuss is set on NOT letting you have this dog:( :( Court action seems to be the only solution and even then he can claim that he no longer has the dog. Hopefully that will not happen - what a dreadful thing to put you through:( :( Hang in there Mugsy, if it's meant to be you WILL be reunited with your sweet Tobey.

LoudLou
03-27-2002, 01:10 PM
Oh Mugsy... I'm so sorry, too. Please hang in there I know it's hard but try to. Hopefully Tobey will back home with y'all soon.

Gio
03-28-2002, 06:05 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I know you must be frantic with worry. I will keep praying for Tobey's safe return.