PDA

View Full Version : Is This Wrong?

sandragonfly
10-01-2005, 01:41 PM
:( with my plate full already and this firetruck scenario - I'm angry ever..

around 5PM yesterday, I pre-heated the stove but came the gas leak again. I couldn't tell until I got so very dizzy & noticed two of my cats walking silly - then smelled it.

I called the fire department to have my apartment check.. they came.

when they arrived my door, they took me out immediately. I was already in surgeric pain & they couldn't read me that I had to stay - then dragged me out away from my ark!. they didn't care, shook their head, "cats stay there!" :mad: :(

if it were a fire, I'll understand. a bit. at least they let crayola follow me out.. was it okay for them to drag me out all of sudden?

..upsetted citizen

Karen
10-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Yes - they needed to do that. They knew you could be light-headed and not thinking clearly because of the gas leak, never mind because of your recent surgery. Their job is to get you - the human - out to safety, then to assess the situation. Kitties being lower to the ground may react differently,, I don't know, but firefighter's training and instinct is to first get people to safety.

Glad you and the kitties and pup are all okay.

sandragonfly
10-01-2005, 02:00 PM
if I could speak, I'd tell them to take it easy! now I'm hurting more because of the drag.

lower ground sounds right but miles & shaddow weren't sure what they were thinking or doing...

furrykidsmother
10-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Gina, how horrible! Yes, you have had way to much on your plate already. I think that I must agree with Karen, they had to do what they could for you first. If there were a fire I am sure they would have taken your animals out with you, but you were most important. I think gas does rise, so the lower to the ground hopefully the better off your babies were, but since you had probably inhaled more, they needed to get you out first. I am sure that if they knew that you had recently had surgery they may have been more gentle, but maybe not. They need to move quickly!

Was the situation resolved? Has the gas leak been taken care of?

Please be safe Gina and your Ark!

Karen
10-01-2005, 04:23 PM
if I could speak, I'd tell them to take it easy! now I'm hurting more because of the drag.

lower ground sounds right but miles & shaddow weren't sure what they were thinking or doing...

They might have been just picking up on your confusion and disorientation, thank goodness everyone is okay. Perhaps you should get a plain t-shirt and write on it: "Recently had Surgery, Handle with Care" and wear that around the house!

Craftlady
10-01-2005, 05:23 PM
The T-Shirt idea sounds great. :)
I have to agree with the others. The fireman were thinking of your safety and well being. Since you were effected by the gas, it was their clue to get you out PDQ. Get you out first and ask questions later. Also, if there was a fire they would of gotten the fur babies out too.

Laura's Babies
10-01-2005, 06:14 PM
I understand fully..... a gas leak....fire in the hills..... A disaster in the making.... They HAD to get you out as fast as possiable. Thank God you realized there was a leak and called before anything horriable happened. You will recover from them dragging you out of the house, a explosion... well, you may not have been to lucky in that...

sandragonfly
10-10-2005, 05:22 PM
hehee, thanks for a giggle karen. I think I should make one, especially now!!

posted by furrykidsmother
Was the situation resolved? Has the gas leak been taken care of?

yeah, the night they 'kicked' me out, they found/fixed the leak and asked me to not go in at least four hours with all windows wideee opened.

the next day after that night, I emailed the cheif of fire department how rough they shouldn't be explaination, cheif was friendly enough to have one of firefighters mailed me an apology! :eek: I got it just today.

honestly, he was a little bit roughy! but cute. ;)