PDA

View Full Version : Problems logging on...

popcornbird
10-01-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm trying to get used to the new features on PT. Will probably take awhile...BUT, the reason I am posting this thread is because some people are having trouble logging on. I logged on with no problem, but I'm talking to Randi in the PT 'chat room', and she can't log on. Is anyone else having problems with that?

Overall, I love the fact that we can view every attachment we've posted from the user CP. I'm not sure how I feel about the look. It is too new to know how I feel...but I'm sure we'll get used to things. One thing I miss is how the board was 'wider' before...as in full screen. For some reason, the white parts on the side are bothering me. I'm not that good when it comes to accepting changes. :o

Thanks for your hard work, Karen and Paul. So I guess we're not getting any new smilies? ;) :( Hope the log on problems with some of our members will be solved soon.

beeniesmom
10-01-2005, 10:58 AM
One thing I miss is how the board was 'wider' before...as in full screen. For some reason, the white parts on the side are bothering me.

The white sides bother me a bit too. And the color is a little too light for my eyes.

RobiLee
10-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Did you guys try changing the format to the vBulletin 2 default. That helped me out some.

popcornbird
10-01-2005, 11:07 AM
OHHH........thanks Robin! SO much better now. :D:D

Buckner's online in the chat room too now. She can't log on either. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
10-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Did you guys try changing the format to the vBulletin 2 default. That helped me out some.
That one works best for me too! Thanks! :cool: :D

Karen
10-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Those who say they cannot log on - have them email me with what happens!

popcornbird
10-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Another question. :p Do we have to change the format everytime we log on? Is there any way to get it to 'stay' on vBulletin 2? I logged off, and when I came back, I had to change it again.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Another question. :p Do we have to change the format everytime we log on? Is there any way to get it to 'stay' on vBulletin 2? I logged off, and when I came back, I had to change it again.
Mine stayed the same. Did you remember to save the change?

Karen
10-01-2005, 12:46 PM
It probably depends on what browser you use, and how it handles cookies. Mine stayed in 2, and I had to switch it back to 3, but I had not logged put, so ...

Because the Search Feature is tsill in the process of rebuilding, the email server part of Pet Talk has slowed down drastically. Folks, don't do any searching for now - the rebuild will take all day as it is, and hopefully things will be better once that's over.

Karen
10-01-2005, 01:10 PM
If you are having trouble logging on, send ME an email to [email protected] - not to [email protected]. Send me an email telling me what you would like your password reset to. Remember that passwords ARE case-sensitive. I will send you an email back from my paintedturtle.com address confirming the new password.

Jessika
10-01-2005, 01:30 PM
The white sides bother me a bit too. And the color is a little too light for my eyes.

At the bottom-left of the screen there is a drop-down menu where you can select 'widescreen' and it makes the forum much wider, no more whitespace on the sides! This is the first thing I noticed, and did!

CagneyDog
10-01-2005, 01:36 PM

How do you do that?

Randi
10-01-2005, 02:38 PM
I finally managed to log on - thanks Karen! :)

I've switched between PT and Wide Screen, but I hate the color on Wide Screen.

buckner
10-01-2005, 05:12 PM
How do you do that? I second this question.

How do we change the formats?

Jessika
10-01-2005, 05:16 PM
I second this question.

How do we change the formats?

In your control panel, or at the very bottom-left of every page there's a drop-down menu.

It's been explained in this thread already lol