PDA

View Full Version : Sorry I haven't been around

My Peanuts
09-30-2005, 02:13 PM
I barely have time right now to write this. I've been really busy. My responsibilities at work went way up and when I'm home my 4 puppy dogs keep me busy. I'll try to come on more and post more pictures.

Here's an update on everyone...
Sylvia was sick. She was throwing up for about 2 days. The vet said feed her baby food and now she is fine. We are trying to help Sylvia stick to her diet so she can lose some weight. She’s the same little clown she always was.

Harley is doing well. He is the leader of the pack and he and Morty are always playing. He’s still my special little man and I try to remind him of that as much as possible.

Morty is doing well too. He's still adjusting. He nipped at me and he occasionally nips at the other dogs. He’s got a lot to get over. He gets yelled at, but we expect him to have some food aggression since we are the 4th home he's had in his short little life. That’s bound to give him problems.

Jimmy is getting better everyday. He is still on Prednisone for his heartworm. He will be tested again in January to see if it's gone. Jimmy and I have been at the vet for some kind of treatment complication every week and some weeks multiple times. Last week we discovered that he had Round Worms and he was treated for that too. He is my little shadow. Everywhere I am he is.

Kfamr
09-30-2005, 02:23 PM
It's nice to see a post from you and thank you for checking in and letting us know how everyone is. :) I certainly understand about being too busy.

So sorry you're having so many complications with Jimmy. :( It's great that you guys are keeping up with him thought and giving him the love and medical attention he deserves. Thank you for that. Good luck.

My Peanuts
09-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

So sorry you're having so many complications with Jimmy. :( It's great that you guys are keeping up with him thought and giving him the love and medical attention he deserves. Thank you for that. Good luck.

He's actually doing really well now. He's getting back to his spunky self. We just had some problems with coughing and throwing up from the treatment. Plus, I was calling and in the vet for every little thing because I've never had a dog with heartworm. He'd be a little more tired than usual and I'd call the vet. Now when I call I just say Jimmy and they know me right away. They even have the odd spelling of my last name down by heart. :p

finn's mom
09-30-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm glad to see you again! I love seeing your four pups, they make such a great mix! They're all lucky dogs to have you for a guardian. I know what that's like, having tons of responsibilities put on your plate...I've got some down time myself for a few days, for many reasons. ;) That's why I've been posting, but, before that, I wasn't able to come on and enjoy Pet Talk very often, either. Thanks for stopping in and saying hello, though!

lv4dogs
09-30-2005, 03:43 PM
It's so nice to hear from you. Sounds like you hit a bit of the slumps there, sorry to hear that. I am so glad to hear that everybody is doing good now.
I can't wait for pics I love seeing your bunch. They are all so darn cute.

k9krazee
09-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Its really nice to hear from you and the furkids, I hope things get better!!

Ginger's Mom
09-30-2005, 05:46 PM
It really is good to hear from you and hear how the kids are doing. I agree with Lv4dogs, they are all so darn cute. :D I hope Sylvia keeps to her diet without getting sick again. She is such a cutie pie. And I hope that Jimmy gets stronger. He really is lucky you took him home. Big hugs to all four of those cuties, and we will be waiting for pictures and updates whenever you get a chance. :)

wolfie
10-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Good to hear from you! I hope things get better for you soon

Pam
10-02-2005, 03:08 PM
It was good to hear from you and thank you for the updates. I am glad Sylvia is feeling better and I hope Jimmy will be too when he is checked again in January. It's been fun watching your signature go from two to four and each of them is so adorable! Hope you get to stop in from time to time. Hugs to all four pupsters from me. :)