PDA

View Full Version : *The Fire ~ An Update on Our Family*

flamepony12
09-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Hi, everyone... I don't know if any of you have noticed, but I've been gone for the past 3 days. Most of you probably know about the fires that were going around California. Luckily, no firemen were killed, and only one house was destroyed.

On Wednesday, the fire closest to us started at about 2:00 in the afternoon. After school, I went straight to the barn. When we got there, the smoke was almost covering the entire sky, so we decided not to have a lesson.

The decision was soon made to evacuate the horses to Malibu. We're lucky we made the decision when we did, as you'll soon find out. We had to evacuate all 30 horses in the barn via 3 trailers before 8:00 at night. Once we finally got all the horses into Malibu safely, We went home.

Well, we woke up at 3:00 in the morning to loudspeakers outside saying, "Manditory Evacuation! Please gather your belongings." So we packed some things, put the 3 dogs into my dad's car, loaded Freckles and Baybi into my mom's car, and left for my Grandma's house. Unfortunately we weren't able to take any of the fish, but they're all fine. So we left. At 3:00 in the morning.

Yesterday was also my big girl's birthday. :) I just feel bad that she had to spend it evacuating to an unfarmiliar place.... We still gave her lots of love, though, and hopefully will be able to buy her a couple "birthday gifts" as soon as we can. :)

Today, we finally heard that it was okay to go home. We've been here for about a half an hour, but at least we're safe. :)

Thanks for listening, it's been a long 3 days.

Devon

slick
09-30-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm so glad you are safe Devon. You have been mentioned in the other fire thread and we were wondering how you were doing. Thanks for checking in.

JenBKR
09-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Oh what a horrible experience! Thank goodness you all came out of it ok. ((((HUGS))))

lvpets2002
09-30-2005, 12:37 PM
:) oh I am so glad you all are ok & safe now.. What about all your furr babies are they all ok?? That is some bad news on that fire stuff.. Keep us posted ok & take care..

ramanth
09-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Glad ya'll are safe! :D

Queen of Poop
09-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Thank goodness you, your family and your furbabies are all alright. What an awful experience.

flamepony12
09-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Thank you for thinking of me. :) Luckily the fire didn't come very close to our house, but it was a bit too close for comfort when you look at pony club. Luckily, that wasn't destroyed either.

Originally posted by lvpets2002
What about all your furr babies are they all ok??

Yes, all of them are safe. We were a bit worried about the fish, but they were okay since we were only gone for two days. All of the other animals were safely away from the area. :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-30-2005, 12:55 PM
OMG, that sounds pretty scary Devon!!:( I'm glad you guys are ok now though!!:) I just heard that the area we used to live in, in CA (Simi Valley, Wood Ranch) is evacuating as well!!:( Wow, and what IF we were still there...even though everything's probably ok, it scares me!

sandragonfly
09-30-2005, 12:56 PM
hey there! *yay*

no, I noticed.. we live in the same state and my relatives is down there too. I was waiting for this thread! PMs/emails wouldn't do anything to rush you back.

I'm so glad you guys and fuzzguys, especially the bettas are okay! thank you for checking in, one less worry.

also FYI, in case you didn't know, see..pet talk is going to be down for twevle hours, starting 8PM(EST), 5PM our time. see more in new forum - town hall. glad you got to check in before our addiction shut-down!

be careful & take care, devon. :)

popcornbird
09-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Glad you are safe Devon! I had been thinking of you, hoping you and all of the pets were safe. What a scary fire! It must have been scary to hear loudspeakers telling you to evacuate at 3am!! Thank God you're all well though.

joanofark
09-30-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm glad your safe! That sounds scary!:eek:

KYS
09-30-2005, 02:27 PM
I am so glad you and yours are safe.
(I do not live close to the fires, but
yesturday afternoon the sky was starting
to get dark and ashes were falling from the sky like
snow flakes.
My Aunt said she had to use her wind shield wipers
to see where she was driving.
I remember the fires 2 years ago that destroyed so much. :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Gosh, what a scary and stressful experience!

Glad you are all safe!

((HUGS))

petslover
09-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey Devon,
I am glad you and your family is okay. All of us were really worried about you. I am so glad that your okay.

Karen
09-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Thank goodness you, your pets, and the horses were all safe! Good thing you and they all got evacuated! Thank you so much for checking in! We were worried about you!

beeniesmom
09-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Oh goodness. I am sorry you had to go through that. Good thing that you evacuated the animals before it became an emergency.

Randi
09-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Glad you're all safe now! It must have been scary to be evacuated in the middle of night. What an experience! :eek:

Suki Wingy
09-30-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm Glad everyone's safe!

luvofallhorses
09-30-2005, 04:35 PM
So glad you're okay and an early b-day wish to Mackenzie!! :)

chocolatepuppy
09-30-2005, 05:40 PM
How scary! :eek: I'm glad you're all ok. I'm sure MacKenzie didn't mind spending her birthday somewhere else as long as she was with you! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
09-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Phew! That the Lord that you, your family, and all of your fur babies, and fin babies are all safe!;)

Ginger's Mom
09-30-2005, 06:43 PM
That must have been a very scary two days. Glad you are back home and safe.

chrissycat21
10-01-2005, 08:33 AM
I'm so glad you and your pets are ok! I haven't bee here for the last few days and I didn't realise you were gone.

ChrisH
10-01-2005, 09:07 AM
So glad to hear you are all safe and sound.

just me
10-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Glad to hear you are all safe and sound. :D