PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy....

catnapper
09-30-2005, 08:37 AM
I have been so grumpy the past week or so. More so than normal ;)

I bit hubby's head off last night over him watching football in the bedroom because I wanted to watch tv myself in there.... when I wasn't even IN the bedroom (nor was I anywhere close to gettign there because I was on the computer)

I tore into my daughter because she wore eyeliner (yes, the girls are "allowed" to wear makeup) She looked at me stunned because she knows I normally don't comment on things like that. Thankfully she knew better to say anything snippy back at me :p

I attacked my boss yesterday about her call waiting usage and hung up on her.

If anyone were to call the house right now, I'd give them an earfull! :eek: Why am I feeling this way all of the sudden? I feel like everyone has an alterior motive and are out to annoy me :o

I should be feeling HAPPY! The heat has broken and the glorious cool breezes of autumn are here. The leaves are finally starting to turn. This is my favorite time of year, yet I feel dull and snippy.

JenBKR
09-30-2005, 08:47 AM
((((HUGS)))) We are all allowed to go through rough patches, even if there is no real reason for one. I get like that too. AS long as you don't think it's something more serious (such as clinical depression) just try to work your way through the grumpiness. I'll send you some good thoughts.

Samantha Puppy
09-30-2005, 08:52 AM
I've been the same way lately but it's because I am a crazy, psychotic, hormonal pregnant b*tch.

My husband almost got walked out on last night because he was being an @$$hole.

We're women. We reserve the right to be uber-nasty whenever we deem necessary. No worries! Use it! ;)

lvpets2002
09-30-2005, 08:58 AM
:) Thats ok for venting & we all have big shoulders.. I know maybe its the weather change.. Some times it effects me that way.. Here I know my girls will send you lots lots of whisker head bumps & ((((((( Hugs Hugs ))))))) hope that makes you feel better..

LKPike
09-30-2005, 09:26 AM
lol start blaming it on PMS, I do it all the time {Even though I use depo and haven't experienced it in over 1 year} lol :o

but the general public doesn't know that! so just make it your favorite word.

Laura's Babies
09-30-2005, 10:10 AM
When I use to notice that I was unusually grumpy, I would sit myself down and have a talk with myself and ususally I could figure out what was wrong... Ususally it was PMS and I could then get a handle on it. If I couldn't, I would shut myself in the house until it passed.

Before, during and after Katrina, I was so stressed that I knew I was a Bi*** to be around so I spent a lot of time in my room alone.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-30-2005, 10:22 AM
I have those days too...... my kids hate those too; a "snappy mommy" is no fun :(

just me
09-30-2005, 11:05 AM
I have them days too. your only human.
Sending good thoughts and well wishes your way.:D
Just me...

jenluckenbach
09-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Are YOU pregnant?

JenBKR
09-30-2005, 01:57 PM
My mom always says that women only get one good day a month. There's the week of your period, the week before you have PMS, the week after you're recovering, and everyone's entitled to a few bad days. LOL :D

catnapper
09-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Are YOU pregnant?

LOL! HECK NO! Truth be told, I am actually concerned about the opposite (as in early onset of that time of life that produces hot flashes). I set up an appointment today with the dr. to look for problems. I think my mood and other things are related. I am actually VERY scared. I made an appointment for my daughter too, so we can go together (in different rooms) and be mortified at the same time :D She has been having some very painful periods, where she's doubled over in pain. Now we both can get checked and hubby can maybe have harmony in his house once again! :D :D :D

Boy, what we don't share on PT! :o

moosmom
09-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Kim,

Everyone goes through stages like that. Of course, in my case, it's lasted over 38 years!!!

I can suggest one word...CHOCOLATE!!!!

Ever hear the quote from the movie Steel Magnolias, "I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for the last 40 years!!!" Well honey, that's me!!!

(((((((((HUGS))))))))) It'll pass. If not, feel free to vent here. That's what great friends are for!!!

Logan
09-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Kim, I always felt that if I could notice my own mood swings, then it was time to do something about it, and there was a time when I did notice them, every month. Way back when (this was after my daughter was born), my doctor put me on a mild dose of Zoloft for 14 days out of every month and it made a HUGE difference. It's been a long time since I had to use medication to help me, but I'm glad you're going to the doctor. There are too many things that can be done to help to let it go unchecked.

Hope things look up soon! :)

Logan

Pawsitive Thinking
09-30-2005, 05:02 PM
You're welcome to use my excuse "I'm at a "funny" age"........covers just about everything ;)

RobiLee
09-30-2005, 05:11 PM
I've been feeling a bit edgy myself. It started yesterday and I just can't seem to shake it. I have been trying to figure out my problem and I don't know what it is. Everything is good right now and no problems going on so I don't know why I'm feeling this way. Oh well, I always just figure its called being a WOMAN....lol. I like Donna's idea! I sure would like some chocolate right now but there isn't any in the house:(

moosmom
09-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Truth be told, I am actually concerned about the opposite (as in early onset of that time of life that produces hot flashes).

AHA!!! Welcome, girlfriend!!! I've been going through the "M" stage for the last 6 years now since my hysterectomy and I cannot WAIT for these hot flashes to stop!!! I'm not on any HRT (Horomone Replacement Therapy) because of all the bad things it can cause (stroke, heart attack, etc.) So I deal with the night sweats, mood swings (fortunately I don't have a significant other to take it out on). They generally pass, unless, like what I'm going through right now with losing my job and everything, they're like a roller coaster ride. Soy works well for hot flashes.

Try to hang in there, Kim. Pamper yourself. Take a nice hot bath with lots of bubbles, a glass of wine, candles, and soothing music. Don't forget to shut the bathroom door either. I usually have an audience when I pamper myself.

(((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))

Donna

catnapper
09-30-2005, 05:47 PM
I pampered myself alright... I just bought 6 news bras and matching panties. I am not thinking of what its doing to my bank account. I needed it and it'll help make me feel better knowing I have nice new frillies! :D

(of course I'll save a pair for my dr. visit! ;) )

caseysmom
09-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Hey, the doc won't even see them....unless he looks over at your folded clothes on the chair;)

catnapper
09-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Still you need to be neat and clean. :D Like mama said "always wear clean underwear!"

moosmom
10-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Oh yes, shopping. I completely forgot about that little "comfort". I guess maybe it's because I never have any money to comfort myself, especially when there are great sales going on.

See Kim??? Sounds like you're already perking up. Hang in there, girl!! We love you!

orangemm
10-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Yes, go shopping! New undies help a lot (who wants to wear raggedy drawers to the doctor?) and so does some nice bubble bath and lotion.

I know the age of which you speak :D :D :D :D . I'm STILL having flashes; was on HRT for a while, but then when the scare came up, the docs took me off. OH how I miss it. I begged to be put on low dosage, but they said no.

At least you have an excuse for being grouchy!! Blame it on hormones, that's always a good excuse.

I know I always get stressed and snippy when I know Christmas is approaching. This year I'm not going to do that. At least I -hope- I'm not going to do that.

Grab your charge card and GO!!! :D :D :D :D :D