PDA

View Full Version : THIEVES, urg!

slleipnir
09-29-2005, 11:53 PM
I hate thieves! Tonight around 12am I was getting ready to close up. There was a man, his wife and 2 other people..I guess one was his daughter. Anyway, I go into the smoking room to wash the VLT's, and I come out and see the man who was about to put our salt/pepper shaker in his pocket. He stopped when he saw me, but pretended to look at it. (Note, our shakers are smaller versions of the corona bottle..so lots of people like them) Anyway, I kept an eye on him, and he turned around and was obviously putting them in his pocket. He turned around and I could SEE them in his pocket! I was like "Uhh, sorry, but you can't take those" he said "Oh, why not?" Seriously?!?! Oh why can't I steal these?? Uh, cause they're not yours, and you don't STEAL THINGS! I said "We only have a certain amount of them, and we need them for the tables" he said ok, and I heard him put something on the table. I went over after to check, and there was still one missing.

He went upstairs, so I asked his daughter or whoever they were. She said "Ok, I'll ask him about it"

He comes down and starts looking for something. I ask him where the other shaker was and he said he didn't have it. He then said he gave me a 17 dollar ticket that I appearintly didn't give back to him. I said he never gave me any ticket, nore did he leave it in th bar (as I have been cleaning) he kept saying he left it at the bar. I told him I would go upstairs with him (didn't trust him in the bar alone ;)) and ask the guy at the front desk if he had this 17 dollar ticket (which his wife came down and said he DID have it..so he DID cash it) but he KEPT saying "No, I didn't cash it!"

URG. His wife also gave me back my pepper shaker which was apperintly upstairs or something (Now, why would *I* put it there? He obviously did it, and said he didn't)

URG!!! I just can't stand theives! I know you're prob thinking it's stupid, it's only a salt/pepper shaker that isn't even mine, but still...I just didn't like him to begin with either...and I'm sick of people stealing the shakers! It's not the first time!! I admit, they're really neat looking, and people think they ARE corona bottles...but I would never steal them!

If you are gonna steal, don't make it so obvious!! lol

K9karen
09-29-2005, 11:59 PM
:o Go figure! I can't even "steal" extra sweetener packets or napkins! If he had walked out the door, I would have called the cops, like they do in department stores, to teach him a lesson. What a clepto! And he gets caught yet!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-30-2005, 03:51 AM
You did the right thing!! I would have been so mad too :mad: !!

There is a huge supermarket not far from my place, with an annexed restaurant. They have neat shakers too, so they kept "dissapearing"... ! Now there are little plastic shakers on the tables, without the plastic cap on it, so it is harder to steal them: you risk getting lots of salt or pepper in your pocket... ;) :rolleyes: . ARGHHHHHH, stupid people :mad:

JenBKR
09-30-2005, 08:40 AM
How embarrassing that must have been for his family! I don't understand why people do things like that. :mad:

Laura's Babies
09-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Some people have the attitude that they don't have to live by the same rules that the rest of us live by and the world is here to serve THEM!

JenBKR
09-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Some people have the attitude that they don't have to live by the same rules that the rest of us live by and the world is here to serve THEM!

Exactly! Ugh, I hate that!

finn's mom
09-30-2005, 10:23 AM
I've asked before if I could purchase unique items like that, but, I would make an awful thief. I'd be the one passed out on the floor because I hyperventilated. ;) And, someone already mentioned this, but, how humiliating for his wife and family.